When you meet Jesus, and you ask him "Why is there so much evil in the world?" He will answer...

He will say, "Because I gave you your free will." He will then explain that only through free will can you truly achieve true happiness. He will also say, "Only by understanding the awfulness of evil, can you come to a true appreciation of good".

Matthew 7:14
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Nah, free will is an illusion. Most likely he would say, "Because we designed you that way, and it was good fun to watch you fight".

He would be honest and say his dad screwed up making woman.

You just haven't met the right one I guess.

Mine is an angel without wings (yet).

Hope she puts in a good word for me.
Mine taught me that just because she looks like an angel it doesn't mean she is an Angel, but a selfish self-centered bitch.

Sorry about your luck.

My first wife was a succubus, looked like an angel too. I guess I just got lucky the second time.

He will say, "Because I gave you your free will." He will then explain that only through free will can you truly achieve true happiness. He will also say, "Only by understanding the awfulness of evil, can you come to a true appreciation of good".

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
If God knows everything that we're going to do, then there can't be free will. The idea of determinism is that all of our actions are determined by our environment and our genetics. This means that if somebody knew all of our experiences and had a perfect knowledge of our genetics, then they could predict with absolute accuracy what choice we would make. That is exactly what you claim your God can do.

If God knows everything that we're going to do, then there can't be free will. The idea of determinism is that all of our actions are determined by our environment and our genetics. This means that if somebody knew all of our experiences and had a perfect knowledge of our genetics, then they could predict with absolute accuracy what choice we would make. That is exactly what you claim your God can do.

If I put a sandwich on a table and leave the room I know exactly what my dog is going to do.

If I put a sandwich on a table and leave the room I know exactly what my dog is going to do.

I think we are supposed to cite chaos theory now?

Yes, even in the apparent random chaos of a persons life patterns emerge. This is where some people can see the invisible hand of God.

God does have a perfect knowledge of all our past experiences and he has a knowledge of everyone else's past experiences. He has a perfect knowledge of all your thoughts and feelings and everyone else's thoughts and feelings who are in existence. He has a perfect knowledge of all things. With that knowledge, would He not also have a perfect outlook as to what we imperfect beings will do in the future even when given free will? Man is flawed in that he does not have a perfect knowledge of things. How can we judge a being who has a perfect knowledge of things without being able to fully comprehend Him? Man will tend to choose things for a reason. Most all his choices are not random but are subject to how he things and feels about things. God's foreknowledge of all things gives him the ability to see and know the future before it happens. It is very much like hobelim's example of his dog. You can know the future about things if you have enough knowledge about them. If you knew your dog was hungry or if you know that he will eat anything he likes when nobody's around, then you can pretty much know of a certainty what the dog will do. Perhaps the dog is sick and doesn't feel like eating. If you have that knowledge you could predict the opposite. Since God knows all things, He is in a position to see and know the future with perfect accuracy even when we have our free will to choose. We simply don't know or understand the depths of the knowledge and wisdom of God to be able to judge Him as to whether he can know the future or not.

Last edited:

Yes, even in the apparent random chaos of a persons life patterns emerge. This is where some people can see the invisible hand of God.
"Yes, even in the apparent random chaos of a persons life patterns emerge. This is where some people can see the invisible hand of God"

And some just see predetermination. I always hate mayonnaise. And, as it turns out, I must l prefer brunettes. Never thought I did...but no denying it, when lookong back.

Invisible hand of god?

He would be honest and say his dad screwed up making woman.

You just haven't met the right one I guess.

Mine is an angel without wings (yet).

Hope she puts in a good word for me.
Mine taught me that just because she looks like an angel it doesn't mean she is an Angel, but a selfish self-centered bitch.

If you ever meet a human being that isn't self centered, run away because they're full of shit.

So .... currently, to me, you are in the camp of those that Jesus told me to not throw pearls to.
Dehumanization

At the core of evil is the process of dehumanization by which certain other people or collectives of them, are depicted as less than human, as non comparable in humanity or personal dignity to those who do the labeling. Prejudice employs negative stereotypes in images or verbally abusive terms to demean and degrade the objects of its narrow view of superiority over these allegedly inferior persons. Discrimination involves the actions taken against those others based on the beliefs and emotions generated by prejudiced perspectives.

Dehumanization is one of the central processes in the transformation of ordinary, normal people into indifferent or even wanton perpetrators of evil. Dehumanization is like a cortical cataract that clouds ones thinking and fosters the perception that other people are less than human. It makes some people come to see those others as enemies deserving of torment, torture, and even annihilation.

Your contention Jesus was evil is noted.

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
Matthew 7:6

"Yes, even in the apparent random chaos of a persons life patterns emerge. This is where some people can see the invisible hand of God"

And some just see predetermination. I always hate mayonnaise. And, as it turns out, I must l prefer brunettes. Never thought I did...but no denying it, when lookong back.

Invisible hand of god?

No, its more like noticing the obvious.

If you swallow the teachings of unclean creatures that do not think very deeply without thinking very deeply your mind will become defiled and contaminated and you will degenerate into an unclean creature that cannot think very deeply.

Many never recover.

This is an eternal law, the consequences very real, as real as death, verifiable and deeply disturbing.

If you stand guard over the purity of your own mind you will never know what it is to die in this way.

The inescapable unseen hand of God.

The evidence is everywhere you look.

Last edited:
...and He will answer: :dunno:
...with a question.

"What did you do about it?"

Jesus will answer a question with a question? Dick.

"EVIL? my son--------you SEE EVIL?------should a nice jewish boy like you be LOOKING AT EVIL?. Why are YOU looking at evil? -------you don't see evil in mama's
kitchen-------you don't see evil in your chemistry textbook----
you don't see evil when you look at your violin!!!!!!! ----
.....don't tell-----I don't want to know from your evil schmevil

...and He will answer: :dunno:
...with a question.

"What did you do about it?"

Jesus will answer a question with a question? Dick.

"EVIL? my son--------you SEE EVIL?------should a nice jewish boy like you be LOOKING AT EVIL?. Why are YOU looking at evil? -------you don't see evil in mama's
kitchen-------you don't see evil in your chemistry textbook----
you don't see evil when you look at your violin!!!!!!! ----
.....don't tell-----I don't want to know from your evil schmevil

Ack, I feel like that's a movie quote, but I have no idea from what. :blowup:

Forum List

Back