When the next big recession hits in a few years, how would the GOP respond?

Economiets predict we could have a global crisis that will be worse than the last recession by 2020. This won’t be Trump’s fault. These signs aren’t related to his policies.

However, the question is how republicans will respond to the crisis. Tax cuts? Deregulation? It’s frankly childish to assume these will resolve such a crisis, especially since Trump has already done both of those things and the recession is expected to happen anyway.

It really should scare people that the GOP will be in power during such a crisis. They literally have nothing else to offer the economy besides those policies. Part of what will drive the recession is low wages not producing enough consumer spending. The GOP doesn’t give a shit about consumer spending. If they did, they would focus on strengthing the middle class rather than giving the fat cats more money. There are too few fat cats in this country to actually stimulate the demand side of the economy.

Do you have a safe place to hide in fear with your husband and cry?
You sound like an 8th grader lol. Only repubs and 8th graders think an acccusation of being gay is the ultimate burn somehow lol. God forbid you people are capable of any level wit.

Still drinking and posting I see.

You can cherry pick theoretical economists any way you want.

There were lots calling for good times ahead as we headed into the 2008 recession.

I heard others saying that we really hadn't fixed the real estate crisis because instead of letting the market clear the market was propped up by exchanging treasuries for crappy mortgages, bailouts, quantitative easing, and ridiculously low interest rates.

So you "economists predicts" is silly and everything that follows is therefore baseless.

instead of letting the market clear the market was propped up by exchanging treasuries for crappy mortgages

Who did that?

The Fed and the Treasury.

How Bundles of Loans Created the Financial Crisis

Thanks for the link (is that supposed to be a decent source?)
What does it have to do with the claim that "the market was propped up by exchanging treasuries for crappy mortgages"?

It was until the Fed and the Treasury started buying these CDOs that a semblance of functioning returned to the financial markets.

The Fed didn't buy any CDOs, neither did the Treasury.

Treasury and Federal Reserve Purchase Programs | Federal Housing Finance Agency

Thanks for the link.

I never said they did.

I said mortgages.

instead of letting the market clear the market was propped up by exchanging treasuries for crappy mortgages

Who did that?

The Fed and the Treasury.

How Bundles of Loans Created the Financial Crisis

What does it have to do with the claim that "the market was propped up by exchanging treasuries for crappy mortgages"?

It was until the Fed and the Treasury started buying these CDOs that a semblance of functioning returned to the financial markets.

Thanks for the link.

I never said they did.

I said mortgages.

I never said they did.
I said mortgages.

And your evidence was a link that said they bought CDOs.

The Fed didn't buy any crappy mortgages, neither did the Treasury.

Thanks for the link.

I never said they did.

I said mortgages.

I never said they did.

I said mortgages.

Did you see this messafge and related link:

Thanks for the link.

I never said they did.

I said mortgages.

I never said they did.

I said mortgages.

Did you see this messafge and related link:

Yes, I saw the link that didn't show the Fed and the Treasury buying crappy mortgages.
The Treasury, in TARP, bought preferred stock, mostly in banks.
The Federal Reserve, in QE, bought US Treasuries and guaranteed mortgages, not a crappy one in the pile.

Conservatives will respond the way they respond to everything

Cut taxes

The crisis is coming. The DC coxuckers fiddled instead of doing the hard work of managing the Budget, now it may be too late

Republicans will blame Obama and Barney Frank and then insist we cut taxes

Economiets predict we could have a global crisis that will be worse than the last recession by 2020. This won’t be Trump’s fault. These signs aren’t related to his policies.

However, the question is how republicans will respond to the crisis. Tax cuts? Deregulation? It’s frankly childish to assume these will resolve such a crisis, especially since Trump has already done both of those things and the recession is expected to happen anyway.

It really should scare people that the GOP will be in power during such a crisis. They literally have nothing else to offer the economy besides those policies. Part of what will drive the recession is low wages not producing enough consumer spending. The GOP doesn’t give a shit about consumer spending. If they did, they would focus on strengthing the middle class rather than giving the fat cats more money. There are too few fat cats in this country to actually stimulate the demand side of the economy.

Trump will blame someone else; probably Hillary Clinton.

Why do you suppose he’d do that? Do you think every President acts like Obama?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Why do you suppose he’d do that? Do you think every President acts like Obama?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

If only they did act like the Great Obama

IMHO the next "great recession" is coming soon. It will be caused by the Debt and rising interest rates. Trump and the GOP need to raise the top tax rate, save SS and MediCare, and cut spending to balance the Budget. The alternative is the biggest financial crisis in history
No. The solution is get all of the Obama holdovers out of the Federal Reserve.

Putin done it.

Forum List

Back