When the Collapse Comes...

I agree about the "pretty dumb" thing..... To help you along with your own topic/thread, I've pasted it above. YOU equated my private property to a breakfast cereal. You declared "preppers" are "insisting" on something rather than acknowledge they are merely and naturally responding to others who insist on intruding into their natural liberty. I challenged your assertions, and now you play "pretty dumb?" Unless you are "pretty dumb," you know exactly what I want you to respond to.....

I didn't (and still do not) feel the need to itemize your food stores so I called it "cocoa puffs". In the light of the responses given here by many (if not most), it's pretty apropos of the "Koo-Koo for Cocoa Puffs" slogan they used to have.

Other than that, you seem to me making a statement equating asking for food to "intruding into natural liberties"....again pretty dumb.

Like me? I'm not affiliated with traditional parties. We are to busy trying to purge our own before we can even think about a National run

-Geaux

So your party will haunt message boards and call people whom you don't even know names? You don't know her name...do you?

Don't think you're going to attract the best and the brightest by appearing to be so senseless and shallow.

So your party will haunt message boards and call people whom you don't even know names? You don't know her name...do you?

Don't think you're going to attract the best and the brightest by appearing to be so senseless and shallow.

Wow.. just wow... The display I see from the far left on this board is personal attacks are expected and rewarded. I guess that is not applicable for all?

-Geaux

Wow.. just wow... The display I see from the far left on this board is personal attacks are expected and rewarded. I guess that is not applicable for all?

-Geaux

Waking up one morning and just chiming in with a "she's got a horse face" for no reason other than to chime in is pretty reprehensible.

Personal attacks are fine...if you have dealt with the person. Again...you don't know who the lady to the left is...do you?

Waking up one morning and just chiming in with a "she's got a horse face" for no reason other than to chime in is pretty reprehensible.

Personal attacks are fine...if you have dealt with the person. Again...you don't know who the lady to the left is...do you?

Again, how is that taken into consideration when the left results to personal attacks on this board on a routine basis, yet, they have never met the person they insult?

I can't wait for your response. Off to the salt mines :bang3:

If you're speaking of extremes....

Government has rules. The collective of preppers in good ol' Dixie does not.

If you have to rely on one or the other, I'd prefer the one that has stated rules. The preppers think they can go it alone and straddle the line between the two. More power to them. I'm just saying don't be a jerk when it comes to sharing 1/365 of your supplies one day.
You don't know what you're talking about....your anti south bias is noted.

And she also misses the entire point or "prep"aration. She confuses the fruits of preparation with the fruits of our labor.

It's always those with the least experience that perceive themselves as "experts".

Might be a good idea to stay out of "ol Dixie" if anything about just walking up to someone's door and banging on it for whatever reason sounds like a good idea.

No offense ... The South is known its hospitality. Such hospitality is usually in the form of invitation ... But certainly does not respect the notion of you inviting yourself.

If you're speaking of extremes....

Government has rules. The collective of preppers in good ol' Dixie does not.

If you have to rely on one or the other, I'd prefer the one that has stated rules. The preppers think they can go it alone and straddle the line between the two. More power to them. I'm just saying don't be a jerk when it comes to sharing 1/365 of your supplies one day.

I can't agree. The preppers can't harm me, but government sure can.

I will never rely on government to HELP me, because history screams that doing so is foolish. If you do so, good luck with that.

Rules? That is funny. Government rules generally cause harm in a crisis...for example, during Katrina the cops were disarming law abiding people, so they were defenseless against criminals.

Last edited:
lots of rw blustering in this thread. You people are as reliant on infrastructure as the next person despite your hatred of the gov't agencies that ensure those services.

lots of rw blustering in this thread. You people are as reliant on infrastructure as the next person despite your hatred of the gov't agencies that ensure those services.

You misunderstand.

The thread is about when everything collapses...but you keep up the hate...that will help you a lot.

Might be a good idea to stay out of "ol Dixie" if anything about just walking up to someone's door and banging on it for whatever reason sounds like a good idea.

No offense ... The South is known its hospitality. Such hospitality is usually in the form of invitation ... But certainly does not respect the notion of you inviting yourself.

Having lived in the south for most of my life, I can assure you that the hospitality is real. If you knock on someone's door, you will likely receive a warm welcome and help if needed. But that is in the current situation.

If there has been a societal collapse, I doubt anyone will be answering their door in a friendly manner. It would simply be foolish to do so.

One of the first things to disappear after a disaster is law enforcement. There are countless examples of this. There will always be people who wish to take advantage of this lack of law enforcement. Those people present a clear danger. To ignore that is foolish and dangerous.

You people consider yourselves Bear Grylls? :eusa_think:

No one said anything about living off the land with nothing but our wits and a few tools. The people here who have prepared will not have to forage for sustenance. They also won't have a camera crew to rescue them.

The discussion has been, with a few ornery exceptions, about what happens when there is no infrastructure and no agencies to insure they continue or return.

So anyone's feelings about the gov't is not really relevant. Whether you loved or hated something that no longer exists is not the point.

I can't agree. The preppers can't harm me, but government sure can.

I will never rely on government to HELP me, because history screams that doing so is foolish. If you do so, good luck with that.

Rules? That is funny. Government rules generally cause harm in a crisis...for example, during Katrina the cops were disarming law abiding people, so they were defenseless against criminals.

You rely on government to help you today. This is how you know the seat belts in your car will restrain you during a crash, how you know the paint you buy won't make you sick, and how you know the meal you had at Denny's is cooked to a minimum of health standards.

Of course, nobody cares about the ritualistic every-day successes; only the out-of-place failures. And you have quite a few to pick from on that. Most of the time, they get it right. As for preppers not harming you...good luck with that.

son? Do you know my age?
No I don't.
I'm making an assumption based on your attitude toward others that you are young and immature.

As to the OP, people move around. Geography isn't as relevant an identifier anymore.
What!!??
People move around?..You don't say! Who knew?

People will always have attachments to their homeland. Geography will ALWAYS be relevant.

Forum List

Back