When religion teaches you to hate...

Lets keep ACCURATE score------I was around when Pope XXIII issued his limp wristed "don't blame the jews of TODAY" squeak. For jewish teens at that time
it was a JOKE-----and it had no effect on the filth perpetrated by the catholic church
for almost 2000 years. Poor john was, "logically" unable to be honest and state
that the jews of the time of jesus did not kill him ------THE ROMAN PIGS DID IT---
and---in fact----the same slobs murdered MILLIONS----both as pagans and
as Christians ---since before and including Constantine all the way to and including
the emperor of the THIRD HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE----adolf----and counting.
Catholic objection "we don't say it anymore" is about as effective as allowing
ROSA PARKS to sit up front on the bus. SAY thanks all you colored people out
there-----ALL IS FIXED

Yeah, with Pope John XXIII, and a majority of Catholics, it was more than, "Don't blame the Jews of today." It was an insistence that it had never in its history been Catholic Dogma to blame the Jews of the time, the Jews of later times, or the Jews of today. These were the conclusions of many individual Catholics and clergy--some of which are called Saints today.

The challenge was that the Church could not stand by and allow this to continue to happen. It needed to address the issue, not just shrug its collective shoulders over it. I guess people who are older than I remember people saying Jews were Christ killers. On the other hand, the Catholic School I attended was either run by those Catholics who never joined others in crying Deicide against the Jews, or who took the words of the Pope much more seriously than some Jewish teens did at the time.

We were taught that Jesus died for our sins, that he was killed by the Roman government, that he was betrayed by one of his own followers. Some priests in high positions were against Jesus, and we were warned that if Jesus were to appear in our own day, he would most likely find some Catholic priests of our time who fought against him. Our religion classes included Rabbis and those of the Jewish faith coming in to explain their faith. It also included Protestant ministers.

It has been a half century since Pope John XXIII. Many young Catholics of today probably can't even tell you who he was or what he did. But I am willing to bet that it would not cross the minds of the vast majority of these young Catholics today to make the accusations that some of their grandparents may have made. Note I didn't say "no young Catholic would." It appears ignorance never dies out completely.

I am very impressed by your desire to DEBATE POINTS and agree---Lets debate or
discuss some of your points. 1) What does "betrayed by one of his own followers"
mean? 2) Many young catholics of today probably cannot even tell you who JOHN XXIII was 3) Your really big time BULLSHIT statement >>>

******It was an insistence that it had never in its history been Catholic Dogma to blame the Jews of the time, the Jews of later times, or the Jews of today.******

I am fascinated by the BS statement-----the first words I heard "THAT MORNING
IN SCHOOL" (my high school way back then was interesting I/3 jews/ 1/3
protestants, 1/3 catholics.-)))) were "HE CAN't CHANGE HISTORY" <<<
that statement did not come from my jewish classmates who were too busy
laughing Now I am laughing because YOU decided he did change history.

getting back to the list -- 3) can you explain what this statement of YOURS meant or means to you as history-----being educated in both catholic, protestant and jewish
theology-----.>>> Some priests in high positions were against Jesus,

Jewish deicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. 'I am innocent of this man's blood,' he said. 'It is your responsibility!' All the people answered, 'His blood is on us and on our children!'

it may have never been said by Jesus he was the son of God or that he was a messiah that would make sense why the Romans put him on trial for simply teaching love as a threat to their tyranny and later rescinded but for the same subtle reason the Jews insisted on his crucifixion.

and why Jesus was left wondering -

Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'

Romans crucified 250,000+ jews. They did not need an excuse.

Claims of being king, of creating crowds and mass followers, disruption of the temple during passover which was already time of high tension as holy week of celebrating their freedom from slavery, inciting the masses.............

Pilate was already cited for his excessive cruelty and executions.

Spitting at a roman would be enough cause to crucify. Some took days to die. Jesus took four hours.

I think they knocked him out with that drink of whatever they put in the sponge
Crucified people do not die that fast-------they actually die of exhaustion and respiratory failure-------maybe a chronic smoker would go that fast

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. 'I am innocent of this man's blood,' he said. 'It is your responsibility!' All the people answered, 'His blood is on us and on our children!'

it may have never been said by Jesus he was the son of God or that he was a messiah that would make sense why the Romans put him on trial for simply teaching love as a threat to their tyranny and later rescinded but for the same subtle reason the Jews insisted on his crucifixion.

Claims of being king, of creating crowds and mass followers, disruption of the temple during passover which was already time of high tension as holy week of celebrating their freedom from slavery, inciting the masses.............

Spitting at a roman would be enough cause to crucify. Some took days to die. Jesus took four hours.

Crucified people do not die that fast-------they actually die of exhaustion and respiratory failure-------maybe a chronic smoker would go that fast

Er..no, they gave him vinegar on the sponge because it had a curative effect on people dying of crucifixion.

I am very impressed by your desire to DEBATE POINTS and agree---Lets debate or
discuss some of your points. 1) What does "betrayed by one of his own followers"
mean? 2) Many young catholics of today probably cannot even tell you who JOHN XXIII was 3) Your really big time BULLSHIT statement >>>

******It was an insistence that it had never in its history been Catholic Dogma to blame the Jews of the time, the Jews of later times, or the Jews of today.******

I am fascinated by the BS statement-----the first words I heard "THAT MORNING
IN SCHOOL" (my high school way back then was interesting I/3 jews/ 1/3
protestants, 1/3 catholics.-)))) were "HE CAN't CHANGE HISTORY" <<<
that statement did not come from my jewish classmates who were too busy
laughing Now I am laughing because YOU decided he did change history.

getting back to the list -- 3) can you explain what this statement of YOURS meant or means to you as history-----being educated in both catholic, protestant and jewish
theology-----.>>> Some priests in high positions were against Jesus,

In other words, there was no official document that proclaimed that Jews should be blamed for Christ's death. Perhaps in legal terms we might say there was no document, there was precedent--precedent all though history I might add--where many did teach and act upon such a belief. Can't change that. What could be changed is what happened from that time forward. First: Tell Catholics that there is no official document/dogma that supports anyone calling Jews the killers of Christ. Remind Christians of the believe it is our own sins that killed Christ.

Did Christians take major steps to stop other Christians from making this accusation? Do you hear Christians making this accusation today?

Er..no, they gave him vinegar on the sponge because it had a curative effect on people dying of crucifixion.

vinegar means sour wine-----he was THIRSTY because he was dying of respiratory and circulatory collapse-----it is the cause of death in crucifixtion------, The people
there KNEW how crucifixtions progressed-----the romans did them by the THOUSANDS---both before and after Jesus. In Judea it was the PHARISEES
who were the usual victims and it was the Pharisees who witnessed them-----all
correctly detailed in the NT EXCEPT that putative "CHEER"----CRUCIFY HIM!!!! that shit happened in the ampitheatres when romans fed lunch to the
LIONS and happily watched men kill each other

Example: Catholicism teaching that Jews were the "Christ killers".
It's a well documented fact the Jews were behind the death of Jesus Christ. So what's your point? He wasn't supposed to die on the cross?
The point is Catholic children taunting and bullying Jewish children as "Christ killers'.

When? In the freaking 40s?

Whatever.

It's a bunch of hyperbole. I was raised in the Church and my entire family was also, I never heard any such thing.

It's a well documented fact the Jews were behind the death of Jesus Christ. So what's your point? He wasn't supposed to die on the cross?
The point is Catholic children taunting and bullying Jewish children as "Christ killers'.

Whatever.

I was a child in the 50s and 60s. Does the 40s------like 60 years ago seem like ANCIENT HISTORY TO YOU? -----------

Whatever.

It's a bunch of hyperbole. I was raised in the Church and my entire family was also, I never heard any such thing.

yeah ok-------maybe not in DUBLIN-----but the Christ killer stuff does happen----
even in LONDON

Whatever.

yeah ok-------maybe not in DUBLIN-----but the Christ killer stuff does happen----
even in LONDON

Never heard it at all, some loon read it happened and now the anti Catholics run with it.

Whatever.

even in LONDON

Never heard it at all, some loon read it happened and now the anti Catholics run with it.

nope you missed it------

Whatever.

even in LONDON

nope you missed it------

I missed nothing, cease telling me what I did hear and didn't hear.

Whatever.

even in LONDON

nope you missed it------

I did not tell you what you did and did not hear-----I said YOU MISSED IT-----where and when it happened ----YOU WERE NOT THERE

even in LONDON

nope you missed it------

I did not tell you what you did and did not hear-----I said YOU MISSED IT-----where and when it happened ----YOU WERE NOT THERE

Meh, this entire thread is ignorant. Catholics don't believe the nonsense you and others are trying to peddle

Whatever.

even in LONDON
London is notoriously bigoted.

Forum List

Back