When religion teaches you to hate...

Dhara

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2015
Example: Catholicism teaching that Jews were the "Christ killers".

If you are going to post such accusations then you need to post a reference to that accusation. Technically you are correct because that is more or less what the Bible teaches. But your implication is far from correct.

(1) Let's keep score for a minute. Some whack jobs in the Catholic Church USED TO teach that the Jews (collectively) were responsible for "killing" Christ, which undoubtedly led SOME ignorant Catholics to "hate" Jews.

(2) Islam teaches RIGHT NOW that homosexuals, adulterers, non-Muslims, drinkers, and other minor transgressors should be persecuted and even killed.

(3) When artist Robert Mapplethorpe created a "work of art" that consisted of a Crucifix sitting in a jar of urine, Catholics voiced their displeasure by writing letters to the editors of their local papers. When Charly Hedbo published some disrespectful cartoon images of The Prophet Muhammad, more than a hundred people were killed by violent Muslims.

So why, when mentioning religions that "teach hate," do you ignore the most obvious example of hate-mongering on the planet, and focus on something that was an aberration and doesn't exist anymore?

Are you a bigoted asshole?

Just askin'.

Hey dhara, do you think christians should be allowed to teach in public schools?

I do find it a bit odd how people can routinely defend the one religion that has all but cornered the market on hatred, but then turn around and accuse Christianity of hatred, instead.

Sure, there are some Christians who are filled with hate, but let's get real here, o.k.? It's like focusing on the tom cat that just peed in your petunias while ignoring the saber-toothed tiger with your toddler in its jaws.

Political correctness does some very weird things to people, I guess.

(1) Let's keep score for a minute. Some whack jobs in the Catholic Church USED TO teach that the Jews (collectively) were responsible for "killing" Christ, which undoubtedly led SOME ignorant Catholics to "hate" Jews.

(2) Islam teaches RIGHT NOW that homosexuals, adulterers, non-Muslims, drinkers, and other minor transgressors should be persecuted and even killed.

(3) When artist Robert Mapplethorpe created a "work of art" that consisted of a Crucifix sitting in a jar of urine, Catholics voiced their displeasure by writing letters to the editors of their local papers. When Charly Hedbo published some disrespectful cartoon images of The Prophet Muhammad, more than a hundred people were killed by violent Muslims.

So why, when mentioning religions that "teach hate," do you ignore the most obvious example of hate-mongering on the planet, and focus on something that was an aberration and doesn't exist anymore?

Are you a bigoted asshole?

Just askin'.

Lets keep ACCURATE score------I was around when Pope XXIII issued his limp wristed "don't blame the jews of TODAY" squeak. For jewish teens at that time
it was a JOKE-----and it had no effect on the filth perpetrated by the catholic church
for almost 2000 years. Poor john was, "logically" unable to be honest and state
that the jews of the time of jesus did not kill him ------THE ROMAN PIGS DID IT---
and---in fact----the same slobs murdered MILLIONS----both as pagans and
as Christians ---since before and including Constantine all the way to and including
the emperor of the THIRD HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE----adolf----and counting.
Catholic objection "we don't say it anymore" is about as effective as allowing
ROSA PARKS to sit up front on the bus. SAY thanks all you colored people out
there-----ALL IS FIXED

First Jesus set himself up to be killed
Second it was the romans that did the deed.
Third the stories were written decades after the fact for a religious purpose, not historical fact

Pope has already said that jews were not responsible.

Without his death, there would be no christianity today.

If it was meant to happen, why blame others? Jesus could have left at any time but he waited to be arrested. Jesus did not blame them, so why do christians?

Some believe he was saved from the cross, some that he was not dead and healed while in the tomb, others that he could not be kill if he is immortal spirit.

Jesus died for all mankind. He set himself up to be sacrificed for those who would believe. So hateful christians seeking scapegoats should consider that he died for them, so they are to blame. Every christian seeking for someone to blame should look at themselves first and last.

In prayers they say Jesus died for their sins and then try to blame someone else for what Jesus did?

Shuddup you dumb POS, Dhagra wants secular bull dykes teaching children to hate anything to do with christians. I am not a christian but can see the motives of POS people like dhagra, seabytch and Bodey.

How about teaching acceptance and love for all people instead of hate?

Shuddup you dumb POS, Dhagra wants secular bull dykes teaching children to hate anything to do with christians. I am not a christian but can see the motives of POS people like dhagra, seabytch and Bodey.

How about teaching acceptance and love for all people instead of hate?
tell that to the progressives.

I was raised Catholic. I never once heard anything even vaguely related to the Jews being "Christ-Killers".

you weren't paying attention or you are lying or you are deaf OR--you are being
concrete regarding the word "HEARD". The libelous filth intrudes on your entire
"culture" ----history, art, poetry and even RECREATION

Jewish deicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. 'I am innocent of this man's blood,' he said. 'It is your responsibility!' All the people answered, 'His blood is on us and on our children!'

it may have never been said by Jesus he was the son of God or that he was a messiah that would make sense why the Romans put him on trial for simply teaching love as a threat to their tyranny and later rescinded but for the same subtle reason the Jews insisted on his crucifixion.

and why Jesus was left wondering -

Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'

Lets keep ACCURATE score------I was around when Pope XXIII issued his limp wristed "don't blame the jews of TODAY" squeak. For jewish teens at that time
it was a JOKE-----and it had no effect on the filth perpetrated by the catholic church
for almost 2000 years. Poor john was, "logically" unable to be honest and state
that the jews of the time of jesus did not kill him ------THE ROMAN PIGS DID IT---
and---in fact----the same slobs murdered MILLIONS----both as pagans and
as Christians ---since before and including Constantine all the way to and including
the emperor of the THIRD HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE----adolf----and counting.
Catholic objection "we don't say it anymore" is about as effective as allowing
ROSA PARKS to sit up front on the bus. SAY thanks all you colored people out
there-----ALL IS FIXED

Yeah, with Pope John XXIII, and a majority of Catholics, it was more than, "Don't blame the Jews of today." It was an insistence that it had never in its history been Catholic Dogma to blame the Jews of the time, the Jews of later times, or the Jews of today. These were the conclusions of many individual Catholics and clergy--some of which are called Saints today.

The challenge was that the Church could not stand by and allow this to continue to happen. It needed to address the issue, not just shrug its collective shoulders over it. I guess people who are older than I remember people saying Jews were Christ killers. On the other hand, the Catholic School I attended was either run by those Catholics who never joined others in crying Deicide against the Jews, or who took the words of the Pope much more seriously than some Jewish teens did at the time.

We were taught that Jesus died for our sins, that he was killed by the Roman government, that he was betrayed by one of his own followers. Some priests in high positions were against Jesus, and we were warned that if Jesus were to appear in our own day, he would most likely find some Catholic priests of our time who fought against him. Our religion classes included Rabbis and those of the Jewish faith coming in to explain their faith. It also included Protestant ministers.

It has been a half century since Pope John XXIII. Many young Catholics of today probably can't even tell you who he was or what he did. But I am willing to bet that it would not cross the minds of the vast majority of these young Catholics today to make the accusations that some of their grandparents may have made. Note I didn't say "no young Catholic would." It appears ignorance never dies out completely.

One of dhara's triggers is Catholicism in particular, but Christianity in general.

When she brings up Catholicism it usually means she wants to talk about her past abuse and her crazy parents.

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. 'I am innocent of this man's blood,' he said. 'It is your responsibility!' All the people answered, 'His blood is on us and on our children!'

it may have never been said by Jesus he was the son of God or that he was a messiah that would make sense why the Romans put him on trial for simply teaching love as a threat to their tyranny and later rescinded but for the same subtle reason the Jews insisted on his crucifixion.

Have you read all of Psalm 22?

Think of an American soldier about to be executed murmuring, "Oh say can you see..." No one but an American citizen would truly understand the soldier was also thinking, reminding US Citizens:

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

In the same way, read the final lines of Psalm 22:

The generation to come will be told of the Lord
That they may proclaim to a people yet unborn
the deliverance you have brought.

He had to be rejected before he could be saved. He didn't have any sin, but he took on the sin of mankind and God had to forsake him.

But then he resurrected him, and now we can all be resurrected.

Romans crucified 250,000+ jews. They did not need an excuse.

Claims of being king, of creating crowds and mass followers, disruption of the temple during passover which was already time of high tension as holy week of celebrating their freedom from slavery, inciting the masses.............

Pilate was already cited for his excessive cruelty and executions.

Spitting at a roman would be enough cause to crucify. Some took days to die. Jesus took four hours.

Forum List

Back