When religion teaches you to hate...

In one way, I was fortunate and not fortunate to miss relating to Jewish children. Fortunate to have not called any Jewish children Christ killers, unfortunate to not meet any Jewish children until I was a teenager.

Even then, we didn't run in the same circles. I found myself jealous of the Jewish kids because they were such high achievers and my family had such low expectations of me.

Meh, this entire thread is ignorant. Catholics don't believe the nonsense you and others are trying to peddle

On the contrary. If people here tell me that when they were children, they were called Christ killers, I have no reason to disbelieve them. I can also go on line and find that in earlier times some Catholics--including some Catholic clergy did brand Jews as Christ killers.

But I can also find places where Catholics (and denominations of Christians) protested this, and went as high as the Pope to call on Christianity to stop labeling Jews as Christ killers. Therefore, throughout my childhood, I did not hear those of the Christian faith call Jews killers.

So here we are on this forum sixty years later. I do not read every post here. IF someone has ever called those of the Jewish faith Christ killers in recent years, I have missed it. However, what I have not missed are those, who are said to be of the Jewish faith here (and others as well), labeling Christians as idol worshipers and Catholics as cannibals. This is today, among adults--not sixty years ago, among children.

What does this tell me? Some injuries don't heal well. The hurts felt over a half-century ago are still festering, and the need to strike back is still there. I suggest we Christians today turn the other cheek and accept it. Otherwise, a half century from now our hurts will pour out on the children of tomorrow.

Example: Catholicism teaching that Jews were the "Christ killers".
It's a well documented fact the Jews were behind the death of Jesus Christ. So what's your point? He wasn't supposed to die on the cross?
The point is Catholic children taunting and bullying Jewish children as "Christ killers'.
There has always been and continue to be those not understanding Christianity. The Prince of Liars is behind such crazy thinking. It was a wonderful gift Jesus went to the cross to take the punishment for each of us. Even if you think it's a myth, it is a wonderful story packed with wisdom.

In one way, I was fortunate and not fortunate to miss relating to Jewish children. Fortunate to have not called any Jewish children Christ killers, unfortunate to not meet any Jewish children until I was a teenager.

Even then, we didn't run in the same circles. I found myself jealous of the Jewish kids because they were such high achievers and my family had such low expectations of me.

My history was different. It included being godmother of a little girl of Jewish descent and giving her my blessing when she felt called to turn to her mother's faith. My own daughter was best friends with another girl of the Jewish faith. When she asked me about becoming a Jew for Jesus, I was able to enlighten her about this organization, and encouraged her to ask people of her own faith about it, and how to reply to people who wanted to draw her in.

No one in my family (parents/grandparents/aunts) ever taught me that Jews were Christ killers. I went to Parochial school, and it didn't occur there, either. In other words, not all Catholics/Christians were ever on the bandwagon of persecuting Jews for the death of Christ. However, there must have been enough for people to take it as high as the Pope in an attempt to stop it. Could have been the parts of the country where I grew up and later lived. Could have just been lucky. For example, none of the nuns ever struck any of us, or even looked as if they wanted to. They didn't warn us of patent leather shoes either.

Because Recovery is so on my mind, I'm wondering how to heal some injuries so many of us have and how to leave the "Drama Triangle--Victim, Perpetrator, Rescuer???

My history was different. It included being godmother of a little girl of Jewish descent and giving her my blessing when she felt called to turn to her mother's faith. My own daughter was best friends with another girl of the Jewish faith. When she asked me about becoming a Jew for Jesus, I was able to enlighten her about this organization, and encouraged her to ask people of her own faith about it, and how to reply to people who wanted to draw her in.

No one in my family (parents/grandparents/aunts) ever taught me that Jews were Christ killers. I went to Parochial school, and it didn't occur there, either. In other words, not all Catholics/Christians were ever on the bandwagon of persecuting Jews for the death of Christ. However, there must have been enough for people to take it as high as the Pope in an attempt to stop it. Could have been the parts of the country where I grew up and later lived. Could have just been lucky. For example, none of the nuns ever struck any of us, or even looked as if they wanted to. They didn't warn us of patent leather shoes either.
Good points Meri--

We all have different experiences. Mine were different than yours. As we'd say in Buddhism, "different karma". Karma as in cause and effect, NOT value judgments of right and wrong.

I think many miss the stab to the chest and the fact that he bled. If he was dead and the heart stops pumping, you don't bleed.
Items used for his burial are healing medicines.

Opium and nightshades will dissolve in vinegar.

Most criminals that are crucified are left there for days for the birds and rodents to eat. The speed to bury was more than just before nightfall or because it was passover. Normally they would not be buried at all.

I was raised Catholic. I never once heard anything even vaguely related to the Jews being "Christ-Killers".

you weren't paying attention or you are lying or you are deaf OR--you are being
concrete regarding the word "HEARD". The libelous filth intrudes on your entire
"culture" ----history, art, poetry and even RECREATION

Please don't be silly. I have not been Catholic since 1965. What happened after Vatican II, I have no idea, but when I was there, there was no such talk.

Because Recovery is so on my mind, I'm wondering how to heal some injuries so many of us have and how to leave the "Drama Triangle--Victim, Perpetrator, Rescuer???

If we look closely enough, we find in each issue we have, we play the part of all three. Sometimes we blame, or place too much responsibility on ourselves. If we look more closely, others played a part as well. Or, if we are blaming others too much, we need to look more closely at ourselves. How were we responsible? When we can identify how we were both the heroine--and the villain--then we can rescue the heroine and reform the villain. It's the lion and the lamb living happily ever after together.

Jewish deicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. 'I am innocent of this man's blood,' he said. 'It is your responsibility!' All the people answered, 'His blood is on us and on our children!'

it may have never been said by Jesus he was the son of God or that he was a messiah that would make sense why the Romans put him on trial for simply teaching love as a threat to their tyranny and later rescinded but for the same subtle reason the Jews insisted on his crucifixion.

and why Jesus was left wondering -

Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'

Romans crucified 250,000+ jews. They did not need an excuse.

Claims of being king, of creating crowds and mass followers, disruption of the temple during passover which was already time of high tension as holy week of celebrating their freedom from slavery, inciting the masses.............

Pilate was already cited for his excessive cruelty and executions.

Spitting at a roman would be enough cause to crucify. Some took days to die. Jesus took four hours.

I think they knocked him out with that drink of whatever they put in the sponge
Crucified people do not die that fast-------they actually die of exhaustion and respiratory failure-------maybe a chronic smoker would go that fast
He died quickly because they nearly beat Him to death first. Also, to fulfill prophecy that none of His bones were to be broken. Note that they broke the legs of the two hanging with Him to speed their deaths, but not His.

Good points Meri--

We all have different experiences. Mine were different than yours. As we'd say in Buddhism, "different karma". Karma as in cause and effect, NOT value judgments of right and wrong.

meri could not have been much of a READER------she never even knew that there was such an event as the INQUISITION-----instituted by the HOLY PIMPS and
lauded by the catechism whores who gasped in orgiastic joy at the sight of persons
burning up in the AUTO DE FE " People" took what as "HIGH" as the pimp? He had forgotten about the inquisition too? Meri I have relatives thru marriage who speak SPANISH----regularly-----their ancestors have not been in SPAIN or any other Spanish speaking country for some 500 years------DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY SPEAK SPANISH? Sheeeeesh under what rock have you guys been living?

Shuddup you dumb POS, Dhagra wants secular bull dykes teaching children to hate anything to do with christians. I am not a christian but can see the motives of POS people like dhagra, seabytch and Bodey.

How about teaching acceptance and love for all people instead of hate?

Welcome to Christianity.

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. 'I am innocent of this man's blood,' he said. 'It is your responsibility!' All the people answered, 'His blood is on us and on our children!'

it may have never been said by Jesus he was the son of God or that he was a messiah that would make sense why the Romans put him on trial for simply teaching love as a threat to their tyranny and later rescinded but for the same subtle reason the Jews insisted on his crucifixion.

Claims of being king, of creating crowds and mass followers, disruption of the temple during passover which was already time of high tension as holy week of celebrating their freedom from slavery, inciting the masses.............

Spitting at a roman would be enough cause to crucify. Some took days to die. Jesus took four hours.

Crucified people do not die that fast-------they actually die of exhaustion and respiratory failure-------maybe a chronic smoker would go that fast
He died quickly because they nearly beat Him to death first. Also, to fulfill prophecy that none of His bones were to be broken. Note that they broke the legs of the two hanging with Him to speed their deaths, but not His.

huh ? the story was contrived to FULFILL PROPHECY------right---I do agree with that contrived story thing

huh ? the story was contrived to FULFILL PROPHECY------right---I do agree with that contrived story thing
Nope, factual.

Nope, factual.

they shoved a sword into him-----remember? in any case who wrote the account----those guys who were not even there? Luke? ------the mysterious Mark?

Global Warmers declaring sceptics "non believers" who need to be killed springs to mind as well.

Nope, factual.

they shoved a sword into him-----remember? in any case who wrote the account----those guys who were not even there? Luke? ------the mysterious Mark?
Yes, and the result, water and blood mixed, showed He was already dead. If He was still alive, it would have just been blood.

Nope, factual.

Yes, and the result, water and blood mixed, showed He was already dead. If He was still alive, it would have just been blood.

I have witnessed lots of autopsies-----I never encountered that WATER AND BLOOD PHENOMENON. The one time I saw lots of FLUID just mixed with blood was in the operating room when the abdomen of a person afflicted with a PERFORATING ULCER of the stomach was incised. It was quite dramatic ---a TORRENT of fluid flowed out of the Peritoneum

It's a well documented fact the Jews were behind the death of Jesus Christ. So what's your point? He wasn't supposed to die on the cross?
The point is Catholic children taunting and bullying Jewish children as "Christ killers'.

When? In the freaking 40s?

Whatever.

It's a bunch of hyperbole. I was raised in the Church and my entire family was also, I never heard any such thing.

yeah ok-------maybe not in DUBLIN-----but the Christ killer stuff does happen----
even in LONDON
London is notoriously bigoted.

yes it is----- I have distant relatives in London. Hubby was a student there for
a few years

Nope, factual.

I have witnessed lots of autopsies-----I never encountered that WATER AND BLOOD PHENOMENON. The one time I saw lots of FLUID just mixed with blood was in the operating room when the abdomen of a person afflicted with a PERFORATING ULCER of the stomach was incised. It was quite dramatic ---a TORRENT of fluid flowed out of the Peritoneum
Have you ever hung a body that died within the hour vertically from the ceiling and punctured the heart? IOW, autopsies are done a long time after death, not within an hour or so.

Forum List

Back