"When JFK was Trump". Interesting Politico article.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I believe there are quite a few similarities between JFK and Trump as Presidents. This article does a good job doing a compare/contrast of JFK and Trump. It misses the fact that like JFK, Trump recognizes the importance of space. It is Politico, so the author goes out of his way to take swipes at Trump but the similarities of their Nationalism and distrust of the "deep state" are striking. It's an interesting read.

The space program has been active during every president since Kennedy and what is that loud sucking noise coming from the OP?

Trump is basically the reincarnation of JFK. Just not as good looking. LOL

Both come from wealthy, prestigious families.
Both were raised to be business minded.
Both were/are womanizers.
Both were/are extremely adept businessmen.
Both have the capacity to captivate and awe (regardless of either way you take that).
Both KNEW how to run a government position.......like a business, not like a personal ATM.
Both ONLY HAD/HAVE AMERICANS' security and prosperity in mind while in office.
Both are TRUE AMERICANS.

I wish republicans were like the way of the Watergate Fiasco. They both different and the republicans have gone off the cliff. Good-bye.

Trump was essentially a self made billionaire. JFK was a dilletante son of a dynasty that made it's money smuggling booze from Canada during Prohibition. JFK never met a payroll or built anything but his own legacy and was supported and protected by the media during his political career. Trump never enjoyed that support. JFK was born with a condition that caused back pain and in his later years he might have been dependent on a Dr. Feelgood for daily shots of pain killers. Trump doesn't even drink.

Trump was essentially a self made billionaire. JFK was a dilletante son of a dynasty that made it's money smuggling booze from Canada during Prohibition. JFK never met a payroll or built anything but his own legacy and was supported and protected by the media during his political career. Trump never enjoyed that support. JFK was born with a condition that caused back pain and in his later years he might have been dependent on a Dr. Feelgood for daily shots of pain killers. Trump doesn't even drink.

I believe there are quite a few similarities between JFK and Trump as Presidents. This article does a good job doing a compare/contrast of JFK and Trump. It misses the fact that like JFK, Trump recognizes the importance of space. It is Politico, so the author goes out of his way to take swipes at Trump but the similarities of their Nationalism and distrust of the "deep state" are striking. It's an interesting read.

I don't know if I want to keep reading. At first I thought this guy was writing about Bidum! I mean, we have NEVER, ever had a president (I am guessing) who SO disdained the advice of his advisers as bidum

The author is not being honest... Trump did listen to his advisors.. He went against them here and there but big deal... all presidents do that..

Anyway, I hate reading stuff written by libs...

Forum List

Back