When is the decision made to cancel a baseball game due to rain?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I placed a wager on two games tonight in NY and Baltimore and the fucking game has been delayed for almost an hour. So at what point is the decision made to cancel the game?

I placed a wager on two games tonight in NY and Baltimore and the fucking game has been delayed for almost an hour. So at what point is the decision made to cancel the game?

The umpire makes the call if the field is unplayable or the weather will not subside in time to finish the game.

Ok because I am wondering what kind of fucking storm is going on in NY and Baltimore for the game to be still delayed

Since the feminists took over we see games cancellec or delayed much more then in the past. Even pro football has been affected. When I was a kid, netting at baseball games was just behind the plate! Now they are going to spread it down to the foul poles. That tells you there is a difference in who is sitting in the lower bowl seats. More women and children. Most not even paying attention to the game as they are on the wi fi phone, gabbing or sleeping or whatever else. There was an art at one time to talking baseball with another while watching a game. Since records do not mean anything anymore because of massive cheating and hot dogging is the standard today, the game has changed for the day and not for posterity.

Since the feminists took over we see games cancellec or delayed much more then in the past. Even pro football has been affected. When I was a kid, netting at baseball games was just behind the plate! Now they are going to spread it down to the foul poles. That tells you there is a difference in who is sitting in the lower bowl seats. More women and children. Most not even paying attention to the game as they are on the wi fi phone, gabbing or sleeping or whatever else. There was an art at one time to talking baseball with another while watching a game. Since records do not mean anything anymore because of massive cheating and hot dogging is the standard today, the game has changed for the day and not for posterity.

I can understand the delay due to rain but was wondering if it keeps raining when they decide to cancel. But no football game should be cancelled unless it's lighting

I can understand the delay due to rain but was wondering if it keeps raining when they decide to cancel. But no football game should be cancelled unless it's lighting

Lighting?

We had to cancel a football game when it got dark at the high school where I taught because the power transformer for the field lights caught on fire.

When has a game been postponed or cancelled other than for lightning?

The moment fbj bets on it.

When it rains.

Lighting?

We had to cancel a football game when it got dark at the high school where I taught because the power transformer for the field lights caught on fire.

I dont think it's a good idea for fans to watch a game if there is Lightning

When it rains.

It definitely fucked up the flow of the game so they should have just cancelled the shit

Lighting?

OK, what does that have to do with what I asked? Of course you can't have fans in the stands or players on the field with lightning. That is of course unless you like dead bodies lying around.

Lighting?

OK, what doe sthat have to do with what I asked?

A game was cancelled tonight in Philly due to lightning. You think it's safe to watch a game in those conditions?????????

Lighting?

A game was cancelled tonight in Philly due to lightning. You think it's safe to watch a game in those conditions?????????

Try reading my posts before responding please.

Lighting?

When it rains.

It definitely fucked up the flow of the game so they should have just cancelled the shit

Lighting?

Maybe somebody's tryin' to tell you something. :rolleyes:

Lighting?

Try reading my posts before responding please.

Oh I see you posted OTHER THAN lightning. I can't answer that for baseball because I just starting watching this summer. Football games are only cancelled in the summer if there is lightning. Other than that I don't think a football game would be cancelled

You are a Dallas fan by your avatar I believe. Some years ago in Philly the mayor cancelled a Sunday football game due to snow. We had Vick at that time and were winning games big time. We played a Tuesday night game and looked terrible and never recovered. Baseball is hypocritical because of massive TV contracts. They have to get the game in. A baseball playoff game can have fans sit for many hours and not get cancelled due to rain.

Don’t worry about it. Your monies gone. Buy a 6-pack and forget about it, if you got any money left.

You are a Dallas fan by your avatar I believe. Some years ago in Philly the mayor cancelled a Sunday football game due to snow. We had Vick at that time and were winning games big time. We played a Tuesday night game and looked terrible and never recovered. Baseball is hypocritical because of massive TV contracts. They have to get the game in. A baseball playoff game can have fans sit for many hours and not get cancelled due to rain.

I dont remember a football being cancelled due to snow

Forum List

Back