When I was a Kid..........................

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Ravi's thread, and Mani's posts, inspired this thread.

When I was a kid I ______________________________________________.

I used to walk two miles to the bus stop, alone, in the snow at 6:30 in the morning and back again in the afternoon.

I used to take a knife to school because my big brother told me to in case he wasn't around to protect me.

When I was a kid I literally brought an heirloom 20 gauge shotgun that was given to me by my late grandfather to second grade show and tell.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlgzO-uTXus]YouTube - it fit when i was a kid[/ame]

we were allowed to be kids...i was in the 5th or 6th grade before i figured out why boys had to go to another bathroom....i was a virgin till i was 18....(it was my birthday present to myself, i am generous that way) we drove early...i have been driving since i was like 8....farm stuff then cars....i got my first rifle at 10...we never locked the car doors..and on long trips i slept in the back window...in the sun...
all adults drank and smoked it seemed...i said sir and ma'am....i realized if my neighbor saw me doing something wrong..they would call my parents...we were not afraid of the police they were our friends and did protect us....we had fist fights...after school to settle issues...you never heard the word fuck, when i was a kid

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
. . . we didn't wear any goofy bike helmets.

I still don't, and I bet I'm going straight to Hell for it.

no, people dont go to hell for being stupid....80% of all fatal head injuries are prevented by wearing a damn helmet.....go to your local bike shop...most have a wall of busted helmets...busted helmet is better than busted head....

you echo are a dumbass adult..but you need to get one on mini echo...she has a chance....xox back me up here

Let's see what George has to say about bike helmets:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6zj5nhASk0]YouTube - George Carlin - Bicycles[/ame]

when I was kid bike helmets became popular and I had a big ugly purple one that I never wore. :)

When I was a kid:

I used to go camping with my friends. From the time I was 10 till I was 12 we used to go almost every weekend over the summer. No adults, no rules, campfires, skinny dipp'n, cigs and dirty magazines

I used to walk or ride my bike where I wanted to go. I would leave the house by 9AM and not come home till dark. We played baseball, fished, swam all without adult supervision

As a teen, we used to hitch hike when we wanted to go somewhere. On any major highway ramp, you would see hich hikers holding up a sign....where did they all go?

When I was a kid we all hung out at the YMCA in the winter. Spring summer and fall all we did is run around. Sometimes we would gather all the kids in a 3-4 block radius to play "War" with all of our fake guns. On a couple occassions we even got some fun loving adults in on the games.

Most of the time we went to the woods behind the YMCA. Being so young, it seemed you could walk all day and not see another house. Run ins with bullies were common there though. I got into my first fist fight against one when I was 8 or 9. He was a few years older than me and I came out on top. Soon thereafter I was kicked out of the YMCA for 3 months for wanting to fight everyone. Seems I got a big head. I also smoked chewed and drank for the first time in those woods. I remember swallowing a dip and being sick all damn day.

They tore those woods down about a decade ago for a new subdivision. I was PISSED.

When I was a kid, we were so poor that at Christmas my mother would cut the pockets out of our pants so we'd have something to play with.

Ah woods, and creeks, what great places for kids to play and explore! We would follow the creek forever it seemed. We had a pond in our neighborhood we would swim in during the summer, and skate on in the winter. Sledding down the hills onto the ice! Nobody ever got hurt. Riding our bikes everywhere. Playing in the houses being built on the weekends, trying not to step on nails and wooden splinters. Playing with all the neighbor kids in the dark with flashlights, our parents knew where we were, so it was cool with them.

Good memories.

when i was a kid.....

there were no car seats.....i used to sit on the tailgate of the wagon and hold ont the roof rack as mom drove me from place to place....

we played army against other kids with bb guns and fire crackers.....

i was the tv remote.....

i walked to school....a mile....up hill....in the snow....seriously....

i rode my bike to the park....the store....the bowling alley....lookin at a map now....it was several miles.....

Ravi's thread, and Mani's posts, inspired this thread.

When I was a kid I ______________________________________________.

The lowest price for a gallon of gas I ever saw was $0.249 in Burien, Washington.

I remember my Father getting steak knives with every fill up.

That always struck me as odd. What's the connection between gas and dinnerware?

Forum List

Back