When has a union created a job?

How poor does the American working class have to get before conservatives will stop bitching about them?

I am the American working class, I know getting up, going to work and paying my bills is necessary, I don't expect anyone to "bail" me out. The "poor" need only to think beyond what the government tells them they are doomed to be.

I grew up in a single parent household, there were four of us kids. We were dirt poor. One sister is a computer programer, another a CPA the other two of us own our own businesses. So by government standards we didn't have a chance, we were destined to be poor.

BTW, we did it all without Unions!!

I saw men begging for 12 hour a day jobs to make $0.75 a day and their mid day meal. I saw grown men cry because they were unable to put food on the table for their families. In the late 30's my daddy worked in a box factory for $3.50 a week and ruptured himself lifting from a skid...after the second day he missed they replaced him. There was no such thing as vacation, sick leave, health insurance, retirement etc. Unless you were around during the depression you don't have a goddam clue what you're talking about.

And again, who pays for all this shit?

It strikes me that unionism has become about paying people to do nothing. Well, the money has to come from somewhere..

Well...if one looks at the fact that in the last fifteen years those at the top have quadrupled their wealth while wages for those at the bottom have stagnated it damn sure hasn't been bothering the wealthy. My wife and I...our pensions, social security and a part time job for her earn earn about $75,000 a year. I worked 41 years in a uranium processing facility and she worked there 25 years and was outsourced to another company which didn't have a pension program. That's all unions ever wanted for anybody...what we have.

How poor does the American working class have to get before conservatives will stop bitching about them?

They are not bitching about the working class LIAR.

Its the moucher class.

Teachers, and firefighters, and police, and steelworkers, and truck drivers, and garbage collectors, and janitors, and electricians, and carpenters, and miners...etc...

...people like that are moochers?

But, according to you, if all the people like those above were just poorer, everything in America would be wonderful...

Last edited:

I am the American working class, I know getting up, going to work and paying my bills is necessary, I don't expect anyone to "bail" me out. The "poor" need only to think beyond what the government tells them they are doomed to be.

I grew up in a single parent household, there were four of us kids. We were dirt poor. One sister is a computer programer, another a CPA the other two of us own our own businesses. So by government standards we didn't have a chance, we were destined to be poor.

And none of you need customers earning good wages to patronize your businesses or generate demand for your services?

Really? That's amazing.

They are not bitching about the working class LIAR.

Its the moucher class.

Teachers, and firefighters, and police, and steelworkers, and truck drivers, and garbage collectors, and janitors, and electricians, and carpenters, and miners...etc...

...people like that are moochers?

But, according to you, if all the people like those above were just poorer, everything in America would be wonderful...
LOL You are such a sorry fuck you cant keep the disagreements straight.

I did say you were a liar and you just proved it MORON.

And none of you need customers earning good wages to patronize your businesses or generate demand for your services?

Really? That's amazing.

Well that's a subject for a different thread, I thought this one was about Unions creating jobs. :confused:

I'm amazed you're OK with people staying poor instead of helping to make them independent of the government dole.

Has no one here read 'The Jungle' by Upton Sinclair? It is an accurate depiction of worker conditions before unions. Workers were being exploited in such horrendous ways. I honestly think that some of you conservatives want people to suffer, and simply alter reality and facts with your mind to fit a storyline in your head that really isn't true. Unions were created to protect workers from ultra-low wages, ultra-harsh working conditions, and ultra-long working days. You should be thankful for unions.

Has no one here read 'The Jungle' by Upton Sinclair? It is an accurate depiction of worker conditions before unions. Workers were being exploited in such horrendous ways. I honestly think that some of you conservatives want people to suffer, and simply alter reality and facts with your mind to fit a storyline in your head that really isn't true. Unions were created to protect workers from ultra-low wages, ultra-harsh working conditions, and ultra-long working days. You should be thankful for unions.

Then the enactment of labor laws started.

So now unions fear WE THE PEOPLE.

...and it's blatantly obvious that unions and union organizers are marxist. If you agree with marxism, I'd like to say more power to you and what have you- but in all honesty- get out of our country.

Here is a FACT about unions that is little known or mentioned-

In a non-union job - a salary might be say, 25 or 26 $ per hour, right?

In a union job, that same position would cost the employer 43-46 $ per hour.

you get out of this country... you sound like a corporate fascist. this is blatantly obvious.

I am thankful a LOT of people worked to reform those things. (not just the unions.)

That doesnt' take away from the fact that unions consider the good of the union more important than their workers, the company or the country.

The union that fights to have safety guards put on industrial machines. No problem with that.

The union that fights to make sure that a pedophile teacher can't be fired, and collects a paycheck for 14 years sitting in a rubber room because they won't put him back in a classroom. BIG problems with that.

Um, yes the Jungle was required reading in my public high school in Chicago. And yes it depicted horrible working conditions in the Chicago stockyards before labor laws were enacted. However, even at 16 years old I knew it was a book..........classified as fiction. I've no doubt some of those things were happening but as books go I'm guessing it was "enhanced" a little.

There was a time when Unions really were there for the working man and woman, now it's just about lining their pockets and getting their cronies elected with ginormous campaign contributions.

Last edited:

I dont know whether it was accurate or not. IN any case the book is 90 years old. Do you think society has not changed any in 90 years? DO you think gov't regulations are the only thing standing between us and Dickensian London?
If so, you're an idiot. Actually based on your posts you're probably an idiot anyway.

Um, yes the Jungle was required reading in my public high school in Chicago. And yes it depicted horrible working conditions in the Chicago stockyards before labor laws were enacted. However, even at 16 years old I knew it was a book..........classified as fiction. I've no doubt some of those things were happening but as books go I'm guessing it was "enhanced" a little.

There was a time when Unions really were there for the working man and woman, now it's just about lining their pockets and getting their cronies elected with ginormous campaign contributions.

That is a common thread for conservatives. We once needed unions but now they are no longer necessary

Don't you think it is up to the workers to decide when unions are no longer needed

That is a common thread for conservatives. We once needed unions but now they are no longer necessary

Don't you think it is up to the workers to decide when unions are no longer needed

LOL...the workers are scared shitless. That's exactly where the companies want them to be. Didn't you read what I said:

"Well...if one looks at the fact that in the last fifteen years those at the top have quadrupled their wealth while wages for those at the bottom have stagnated it damn sure hasn't been bothering the wealthy. My wife and I...our pensions, social security and a part time job for her earn earn about $75,000 a year. I worked 41 years in a uranium processing facility and she worked there 25 years and was outsourced to another company which didn't have a pension program. That's all unions ever wanted for anybody...what we have."

LOL...the workers are scared shitless. That's exactly where the companies want them to be. Didn't you read what I said:

"Well...if one looks at the fact that in the last fifteen years those at the top have quadrupled their wealth while wages for those at the bottom have stagnated it damn sure hasn't been bothering the wealthy. My wife and I...our pensions, social security and a part time job for her earn earn about $75,000 a year. I worked 41 years in a uranium processing facility and she worked there 25 years and was outsourced to another company which didn't have a pension program. That's all unions ever wanted for anybody...what we have."

Hate to break it to you guys but I am one of those "workers". You really need to get out of the 50s and 60s mindset, we have progressed beyond those working conditions of the Jungle. Unions would throw you under the bus today, they are not the same as they once were.

Yes! Which is why union representation in the private workforce is at record low levels. Unions lose almost every fair election. THis is why they are pushing for "card check" and other measures that will stack the deck in their favor.
THe only growth is among public sector unions, where bosses are handing out taxpayer money so no penalty for poor management. Which is why publuc sector unions need to be banned.

What a load of it!!

This place is an obvious right wing Christian rag and I can't make a point without a bunch of spam covering it up.

Just curious...how do you feel about that?

Last edited:
Well...if one looks at the fact that in the last fifteen years those at the top have quadrupled their wealth while wages for those at the bottom have stagnated it damn sure hasn't been bothering the wealthy. My wife and I...our pensions, social security and a part time job for her earn earn about $75,000 a year. I worked 41 years in a uranium processing facility and she worked there 25 years and was outsourced to another company which didn't have a pension program. That's all unions ever wanted for anybody...what we have.

Just 2 more overpaid scum sucking government leaches who continue to bleed the private sector dry with excessive tax payer funded & backed pensions. Government Unions screw the citizens. You people are the evil rich who bleed us slaves of our earnings.

The unions aren't about the "working class" anymore. Haven't been in some time.

They are about protecting the few jobs they have with government subsidies.

So how poor does the working class have to get before you'll be happy?

In my parents' day, a family with 1 parent working could get by pretty good, have a home, pay the bills, have the necessities and a few luxuries...

...nowadays it's 2 parents working their asses off, not to mention only having 1 or 2 kids because they know they can't afford more,

and hardly anyone even thinks that that situation is any big deal.

Union workers aren't overpaid. It's the rest of the working class that's underpaid.

Forum List

Back