When Ethics evolve to just you.

What are you going to do about all these issues on this board?

What can you do as they evolve around you.

Ethics are a set of principles or moral values; these values can be shared with others in common belief or principles, so usually Ethics lead to other people or involve you with others. I have noticed something about my beliefs, I am starting to see that they are not shared by many others , in some important areas. I have some Ethics that have evolved toward others, but some seem to move away from the " Common view" and isolate me even more.

I just don't think everyone else.

Especially in " Spiritual areas", I see myself moving totally away from religion. It can be a lonely thing when you evolve away from people. It can be dangerous and isolating.

When you disagree with more than you agree with.

I have always said that one's TRUE beliefs are not the things they say, but the things they DO, especially when the going gets tough.

Are your Ethics evolving when you look forward to your own thoughts more than you do the thoughts of others?

Maybe. Or maybe you're just isolating yourself into a self-absorbed echo chamber. The question you must always ask yourself is, "Are the things I'm believing making me a better person and the world around me a better place for others?"

I don't think the world around me is making me better, all it does is depress me.

I don't think the world around me is making me better, all it does is depress me.

No one said anything about the world making YOU better. Mostly, it doesn't. The responsibility is for YOU to make you and the world better. If your evolving ethics don't achieve that, then they're not good.

No one said anything about the world making YOU better. Mostly, it doesn't. The responsibility is for YOU to make you and the world better. If your evolving ethics don't achieve that, then they're not good.

I think trying to make one's self and the world better is good ethics. I myself have not been good at either one. But I am thankful for life.

I hope we all have a greater life in store.

Those are good ethics.

I have to be honest and admit what ethics I have never had; I like painting a real picture of myself; so I have had a decent ethic of " Honesty" ,not perfect but decent.

I've told this story on this board before.

My dad spent years in a nursing home before his death. For most of that time, he couldn't speak, or move any of his appendages other than one arm. None of the staff that cared for him had ever known him any other way.

When he died, his funeral was packed with people from the nursing home (nursing home staff don't usually go to residents' funerals; otherwise, they'd never have time to do anything else). The pastor opened the floor for people to share memories of my dad's life, and one by one, these doctors, nurses, and orderlies stood up and told us how knowing my dad had changed their lives.

One man said it best: "I would come to work in a bad mood. Had a fight with my girlfriend, traffic sucked, whatever. And I would walk into Harold's room, and his face would light up with a smile when he saw me. He was always so happy, took so much pleasure in little things like sitting in the garden, or his grandkids, or listening to music. Even when I knew I was causing him pain, he never got mad. And I would think to myself, 'I have no right to be angry and upset in my life, if Harold can be so happy in his.' I always remember that."

I left my dad's funeral thinking, "If Dad could change so many people's lives when he couldn't even talk, then I want just one person to show up to MY funeral and say, 'My life was better because I knew her', and that will make my existence worthwhile."

I hope people can say that I learned my ethics from my dad.

I've told this story on this board before.

My dad spent years in a nursing home before his death. For most of that time, he couldn't speak, or move any of his appendages other than one arm. None of the staff that cared for him had ever known him any other way.

When he died, his funeral was packed with people from the nursing home (nursing home staff don't usually go to residents' funerals; otherwise, they'd never have time to do anything else). The pastor opened the floor for people to share memories of my dad's life, and one by one, these doctors, nurses, and orderlies stood up and told us how knowing my dad had changed their lives.

One man said it best: "I would come to work in a bad mood. Had a fight with my girlfriend, traffic sucked, whatever. And I would walk into Harold's room, and his face would light up with a smile when he saw me. He was always so happy, took so much pleasure in little things like sitting in the garden, or his grandkids, or listening to music. Even when I knew I was causing him pain, he never got mad. And I would think to myself, 'I have no right to be angry and upset in my life, if Harold can be so happy in his.' I always remember that."

I left my dad's funeral thinking, "If Dad could change so many people's lives when he couldn't even talk, then I want just one person to show up to MY funeral and say, 'My life was better because I knew her', and that will make my existence worthwhile."

I hope people can say that I learned my ethics from my dad.

I hope they can say that about you as well.

Peace.

Forum List

Back