When do you plan to retire?

Which of these best describes your plans for retirement?

• As soon as I can.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to retire at 55.

• I want to retire at 60.

• I will retire at 62.

• I had to retire for medical reasons.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like people that have a plan. Work the plan until pays off as planned and then enjoy the fruits of their work. Good job, RW.

The only plan I really had came after I'd hit around 12 years in the Navy, and retirement looked like a pretty decent option.

I gotta say though...................that retirement and pension is one of the things that made it possible for me to come through all the various economic upheavals this country has gone through since 2002. It nice knowing that I've got an income coming in no matter what happens.

You never made money...You leeched off of those who did, leech.

Actually, I was part of the only 30 percent in this country that are able to qualify for military service, and was smart enough to keep my nose clean and make rank so I could retire at 20.

Must suck to not be able to qualify or find a position like White 6, Rightwinger or myself were able to.

Actually, I was part of the only 30 percent in this country that are able to qualify for military service, and was smart enough to keep my nose clean and make rank so I could retire at 20.

Must suck to not be able to qualify or find a position like White 6, Rightwinger or myself were able to.
I did my time (SAC) and got back to productive life, fucking leech.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on working and whether you quit the rat race, are still in the rat race, or if your work brings you pleasure and you don't really want to stop doing it. Retirement can be a mixed bag, I am fortunate I don't have to work anymore, but If I had a job that I really enjoyed, I might still be working. I have no regrets that I'm retired now.

I lived my best years when I was a young adult, I think retirement would kill me.

Especially if your plan involves sucking off the productive, while you spend your life producing nothing that anyone would want to freely purchase.

LEECHES AHOY!
That is BS. I did some GS DOD work myself. Somebody has to do it. It's good work. Can be meticulous and demanding in many ways. Some aren't worth a shit and don't make it to the payoff. I cannot say I am better off, that I did many years and multiple retirements in the private sector as well. Like him, I had a plan and pretty well worked my plan. So, I congratulate him.
Are you one of the sore losers?

That is BS. I did some GS DOD work myself. Somebody has to do it. It's good work. Can be meticulous and demanding in many ways. Some aren't worth a shit and don't make it to the payoff. I cannot say I am better off, that I did many years and multiple retirements in the private sector as well. Like him, I had a plan and pretty well worked my plan. So, I congratulate him.
Are you one of the sore losers?
Nope...I served and got back to real life....I'm the one who pays your cushy-assed retirement, while you produced nothing of added value for anyone.

well i guess i might as well join this civil servant stuff......retired at 62 after 34 years carrying mail for the PO....have a bad knee and minor back problems for it....but a great pension....

I spent almost thirty years living in a new city every week. Though I skipped India. I dunno what it is about India but it creeps me out for some reason. I paid off everything I own when I was in my late thirties.

It was a bit comparable to a rock star life. But I do not miss that lifestyle.

The majority of my work, at the risk of exposing my own hypocrisy, was DoD related as well as with private contractors of relevance. Damn. The stories I could tell. But....I do not want to go to jail, so...

I still do occasional work for old clients, but moreso as a courtesy. A couple of smaller projects a week maybe. I quit working for a weekly paycheck some years back.

Last edited:
The only plan I really had came after I'd hit around 12 years in the Navy, and retirement looked like a pretty decent option.

I gotta say though...................that retirement and pension is one of the things that made it possible for me to come through all the various economic upheavals this country has gone through since 2002. It nice knowing that I've got an income coming in no matter what happens.
Yep. Same here.

Nope...I served and got back to real life....I'm the one who pays your cushy-assed retirement, while you produced nothing of added value for anyone.
Glad you slept well at night, while I did my thing, in and out of uniform in multiple countries, fuck you very much.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on working and whether you quit the rat race, are still in the rat race, or if your work brings you pleasure and you don't really want to stop doing it. Retirement can be a mixed bag, I am fortunate I don't have to work anymore, but If I had a job that I really enjoyed, I might still be working. I have no regrets that I'm retired now.
We are all slaves of the DNC now.

Retirement is so yesterday.

I did enough years in prosecution to earn an ok retirement package. But when I left, I wasn’t close to retirement age. So, I continued working for another 15 or so years. When illness forced my hand, I had a pension from the gubmint. I had a smallish 401k from my private sector (and had squandered a bit of my public sector additional 401k to start my private career). Plus I get social security.

So, I’m doing ok in retirement.

The big worry remains. If Brandon and his DNC bosses really try to once again soak the rich and make sure that companies pay “their fair share.” Two things bad will happen. The cost of living will go up a big old amount. And the funds our retirement funds and pensions accounts are in will get killed. Democrap Parody stupidity and economic ignorance could fuck us all up yet.

I was going to retire at 65. But the covid lockdown and changes in the industry prodded me to call it quits at 62.

You could say I "retired" in my 40's.

Shit...that's when the real work just began. And I don't even get paid for it!

I did enough years in prosecution to earn an ok retirement package. But when I left, I wasn’t close to retirement age. So, I continued working for another 15 or so years. When illness forced my hand, I had a pension from the gubmint. I had a smallish 401k from my private sector (and had squandered a bit of my public sector additional 401k to start my private career). Plus I get social security.

So, I’m doing ok in retirement.

The big worry remains. If Brandon and his DNC bosses really try to once again soak the rich and make sure that companies pay “their fair share.” Two things bad will happen. The cost of living will go up a big old amount. And the funds our retirement funds and pensions accounts are in will get killed. Democrap Parody stupidity and economic ignorance could fuck us all up yet.
Sorry to hear about the health thing.
Between PJ and I, we have a pretty good mix between government retirement (military) private retirements (multiple for both) and SS, as well as 401K and have been debt free since before retirement. There is nothing going to change, that could actually affect us, til were dead, one or both of us.

I got to retire at 56, but it was a slog of a job, and not one that brought me much joy, although for a good portion of it I got to speak to small groups of visitors from all around the world. That was probably the best part of it. It was always a trade-off: They pay me well, they treat me well, and they are going to provide me with a pension, which they quit giving to any employee, no matter your title or position, in 1998. I made the cut by 4 years. I looked at the glass as half full for 28 years, but could not wait to retire.

Forum List

Back