When did it become a crime to be successful?

I'm just an independent.

And again, it's good to see you not trying to deny my points.
I've denied them all wholesale by denying the underlying assumption that these criticisms are based on envy.
Of course.

:laugh:

The first quote, of course, came directly from Obama. The rest have all been said in multiple ways.

But you keep denying, I know how the game is played.
What would you do if you had to take statements in context? Your head would probably explode because that thought would no longer fit on a bumper sticker.

Well, I have very limited interest in trying to remember the nuances of every poster's individual political leanings. Frankly, the difference in my mind between conservative and libertarian is vanishingly small when it comes down to it. What I HAVE seen is the general sentiments that you've expressed being listed time and time again. Maybe there's some talking point factory that everyone of your ilk subscribes to. They all fit on bumper stickers which appears to be of prime importance. Out of curiosity, what do you consider yourself?
I'm just an independent.

I've denied them all wholesale by denying the underlying assumption that these criticisms are based on envy.
Not really. Envy really is not the base of these criticisms - it is the loss of personal responsibility or individualism.

Every single one of these is a shift from individual accomplishment or loss to something else.

Who has a smartphone? A computer? An automobile? A snowblower? A gas or electric lawnmower? Cable or satellite TV? Washing machine? Clothes dryer? Microwave?

None of these things are NECESSARY, not a one of them, and yet you own them, because you WANTED them. You paid for them, now are mad you made the people or corporations rich that you purchased them from..............and NOW demand part of that money back! How about you return the stuff too!
I work in one of the corporations that's getting rich. It's getting rich because people like me and the 10 or 15 other people in my design group have created products that have generated about a half billion dollars in revenue. Unfortunately, the guys at the top decided that they were much more worthy of the vast majority of that money than we are.
And yet you and the 10 or 15 others in that group have not left, created designs on your own and reaped the half a billion dollars in benefits that you claim to have created.

I wonder why...

While some people will always be greedy assholes, they are doing things in accordance with the laws congress wrote and passed. That means politicians want it that way.

So, the wealthy pay off politicians to pass laws that benefit....guess who???......the wealthy.
That stated, help me out here, between the wealthy and the politicians, who should we label "pimps" and who should we label "whores"?

But politicians have to be willing to go along and that makes them the problem. I blame the ones in charge and the ones elected to stop this shit.

Many nefarious things are added to lengthy bills, which few read, and that's how so many things come to be. Congress doesn't read bills before voting. In other words, they don't do their jobs. They are elected to represent us and do things in the best interest of the people, but they are all about themselves and those who funded their campaigns. They spend more time fund raising and furthering their own careers than fulfilling promises.

Many admitted they don't read bills and some claim they have people to do that for them. Doesn't do much good considering they vote despite being ignorant on what they are passing and we have things sneaked into bills, like protection for Monsanto, and then no one wants to take responsibility. And when some do read the bills and refuse to vote because of the pork and other ridiculous things written into them, they get accused of not supporting the education bill or whatever bill the crap was added to.

It's a big game of politics and people are so busy arguing social issues or toeing the party line that few see things for what they are.

You only care about how to label people who are screwing us over. Nothing accomplished.

Well, I have very limited interest in trying to remember the nuances of every poster's individual political leanings. Frankly, the difference in my mind between conservative and libertarian is vanishingly small when it comes down to it. What I HAVE seen is the general sentiments that you've expressed being listed time and time again. Maybe there's some talking point factory that everyone of your ilk subscribes to. They all fit on bumper stickers which appears to be of prime importance. Out of curiosity, what do you consider yourself?
I'm just an independent.

Not really. Envy really is not the base of these criticisms - it is the loss of personal responsibility or individualism.

Every single one of these is a shift from individual accomplishment or loss to something else.
Ok, let's go down that road a little. Are you one of the people who believe that there's no such thing as society - only individuals and families?
Nope.

Society obviously exists. What is your point?
Just tying to see who I'm dealing with.

I think the vast majority of mature adults believe in personal responsibility. Maybe that's where the outrage against the Wall Street community comes from. I've known a few of these guys. Cocaine snorting, prostitute buying frat fucks for the most part. 'Responsible' for crashing the economy.

Because
Of course.

The first quote, of course, came directly from Obama. The rest have all been said in multiple ways.

What would you do if you had to take statements in context? Your head would probably explode because that thought would no longer fit on a bumper sticker.

I'm just an independent.

Who has a smartphone? A computer? An automobile? A snowblower? A gas or electric lawnmower? Cable or satellite TV? Washing machine? Clothes dryer? Microwave?

None of these things are NECESSARY, not a one of them, and yet you own them, because you WANTED them. You paid for them, now are mad you made the people or corporations rich that you purchased them from..............and NOW demand part of that money back! How about you return the stuff too!
I work in one of the corporations that's getting rich. It's getting rich because people like me and the 10 or 15 other people in my design group have created products that have generated about a half billion dollars in revenue. Unfortunately, the guys at the top decided that they were much more worthy of the vast majority of that money than we are.
And yet you and the 10 or 15 others in that group have not left, created designs on your own and reaped the half a billion dollars in benefits that you claim to have created.

I wonder why...
Because it's an industry with a high barrier of entry. We design for an industry leader which the current crop of upper managers had nothing to do with establishing.

While some people will always be greedy assholes, they are doing things in accordance with the laws congress wrote and passed. That means politicians want it that way.

Oh, and one more thing.......

Three years ago when Mitt Romney revealed his tax records, they showed that he paid 14.1% on his income (which I'm sure was quite a bit of both income and taxes paid)......Whereas poor little me and my family, paid on our income 25.3%....Now, I am sure that Romney's accountants strictly followed the law (as I did), BUT the "injustice" of those laws is what pisses me off as it must a lot of other middle class citizens.
The even sadder thing is that in previous years he probably paid so little, he was embarrassed to make the returns public.

Because
Of course.

I wonder why...
Because it's an industry with a high barrier of entry. We design for an industry leader which the current crop of upper managers had nothing to do with establishing.
So you cannot make the money without the management.

and

Management is not worth anything.

These 2 statements are mutually exclusive.

Because

I wonder why...
So you cannot make the money without the management.

and

Management is not worth anything.

These 2 statements are mutually exclusive.
No, the management is an unnecessary appendage of the structure of the company. The main missing ingredients are the brand name and the sales structure that has been established. Most of the long time players in the organization are highly motivated and self directing.

Forum List

Back