When Cops Get Caught Sanitizing And Flat-Out Lying About Brutality

America has a serious, institutionalized, systemic law enforcement problem. Over the last 4 decades, our law enforcement has become increasingly militarized, putting every citizen at risk of being shot and killed for nothing more than reaching for their wallet.

Keep in mind there is no national police force patrolling the streets of our cities, towns and rural communities. And each community has its own history, demographics, leadership, policies and problems

My advice to everyone, when pulled over, stop your ca asap safely, keep you hands on the steering wheel, and when asked for you license, insurance and registration describe where they are and move slowly.

At night, put on your interior lights and keep you hands on the steering wheel. Remember, a ticket can be fought in court, not on the street or highway.

True. It's sad that we have to have the same attitude toward a cop as we might have toward a big growling dog who has you cornered. Move slowly, speak soothingly. Don't do anything that he might perceive as a challenge, because even if he doesn't kill you, he can hurt you really bad. Hope that you can get away, but you know not to ever trust him again.

The cop sees you the same way. A person who may have committed an offense. Who may have warrants. Who may be hiding a weapon. Who may kill him. You probably wont....just like the cop probably won't hurt you.

But he doesn't know that. You may know you're harmless. He doesnt. It's that simple. His job is to stop criminal offenses...minor or serious. Offenses your democratically elected reps decided were worthy of being unlawful. So...let him do it. And remember. ...he doesn't know you. Or whether you want to shake his hand and thank him for his service....or quickly pull a knife and stab him in the throat.

He knows about all those dangers before he takes the job, and is trained in how to deal with people without shooting first, but he still has an obligation to be professional. Nobody says it isn't a hard job, but if they can't do it professionally, they need another job.

America has a serious, institutionalized, systemic law enforcement problem. Over the last 4 decades, our law enforcement has become increasingly militarized, putting every citizen at risk of being shot and killed for nothing more than reaching for their wallet.

Keep in mind there is no national police force patrolling the streets of our cities, towns and rural communities. And each community has its own history, demographics, leadership, policies and problems

My advice to everyone, when pulled over, stop your ca asap safely, keep you hands on the steering wheel, and when asked for you license, insurance and registration describe where they are and move slowly.

At night, put on your interior lights and keep you hands on the steering wheel. Remember, a ticket can be fought in court, not on the street or highway.

True. It's sad that we have to have the same attitude toward a cop as we might have toward a big growling dog who has you cornered. Move slowly, speak soothingly. Don't do anything that he might perceive as a challenge, because even if he doesn't kill you, he can hurt you really bad. Hope that you can get away, but you know not to ever trust him again.

I suggest you do a ride along, especially on a Friday Night. If you do you will likely have a visceral reaction sometime during this experience. No traffic stop, no call for a domestic disturbance, a 911 hangup or even a fender bender can be considered routine. The responding officer has very little information before s/he is on scene and must assess the situation quickly, and ascertain who, what, when and how. It's not a job, it's an adventure with potential hidden dangers.

I suggest you do a ride along, especially on a Friday Night. If you do you will likely have a visceral reaction sometime during this experience. No traffic stop, no call for a domestic disturbance, a 911 hangup or even a fender bender can be considered routine. The responding officer has very little information before s/he is on scene and must assess the situation quickly, and ascertain who, what, when and how. It's not a job, it's an adventure with potential hidden dangers.

I'm sure I would have a reaction, but I didn't choose to be a cop knowing the requirements, and I haven't been trained to deal with those situations. I probably wouldn't be a good air traffic controller either. Either way. Your remark means nothing.

Agree. Just in the last week we've seen a woman who was stopped for a traffic or 'fix-it' ticket and a guy who DIDN'T HAVE A FRONT LICENSE PLATE treated like dangerous killers. Previously, two people in a car that the police said they heard a 'backfire' from and who then riddled this car with 137 shots killing the two people inside, without consequence.

Something is horribly wrong here.

Agreed. Put in perspective these events are statistically insignificant as well as intolerable. But ain't it awful isn't a solution, nor is painting a serious problem with a broad brush helpful.

Haha.....ok. So saying I didn't report a criminal act...because I never saw one....is an "excuse"? Ha. Ok. Why didn't you report your neighbor for raping his daughter??? Oh...you didn't know he was doing it??? Thats no excuse sir.
A false derivative analogy and unacceptable. Listen up! Look for the bad cops and bust them. Stop your excuses. The public is losing its trust in you guys.

I'm sure I would have a reaction, but I didn't choose to be a cop knowing the requirements, and I haven't been trained to deal with those situations. I probably wouldn't be a good air traffic controller either. Either way. Your remark means nothing.

Both are good examples of high stress, difficult jobs where errors in judgment can have catastrophic results. I appreciate your honesty, not everyone is cut out for these jobs. If you read my earlier post, about 3% of those who apply to be a deputy or police officer actually make the cut, even so mistakes are made.

I'm sorry you feel my remarks mean nothing, my intent is to offer some perspective

Both are good examples of high stress, difficult jobs where errors in judgment can have catastrophic results. I appreciate your honesty, not everyone is cut out for these jobs. If you read my earlier post, about 3% of those who apply to be a deputy or police officer actually make the cut, even so mistakes are made.

I'm sorry you feel my remarks mean nothing, my intent is to offer some perspective

Understood, but a high stress job doesn't justify the behavior that has only been exposed since cameras have become readily available. I don't know anyone why believes all cops are bad, but I can understand why some would. When a bad cop is exposed, quite often, the ones who we previously believed were good defend or even sometimes lie for the bad ones. The cops themselves are the only ones who can repair their reputations, and it looks like they aren't even trying.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

C-FAGs war on cops is getting old and tired. There's 1,000,000 cops in America. Even 10,000 criminal cops would only make 1%.

And C-FAGS can't give me 10,000 bad cop links. Any population of humans has bad ones.
The syntax and diction do not make sense. You are unhappy the civilians will police the police when necessary? You are going to live the rest of your life very unhappily. Instead, help police the bad police.

Dude...he OPENLY SUPPORTS the bad cops., There is NOTHING that a cop could do that is so egregious he would not defend it.

There are bad cops, and there are bad civilians. Two wrongs don't make a right, no matter how much you want to be on just one side of the issue.

The problem is tho that the bad civilians go to jail. The bad cops dont. So whats the deterrence? Retirement?

Dont threaten me with a good time

I managed IA for several years. Two things resulted in termination every time: Lying and sleeping on duty. Fortunately I never had a killing cross my desk, but many allegations of physical brutality.

I required a comprehensive written allegation of the events, since most complaints came to me by telephone. CA law makes a false allegation a low grade misdemeanor, a maximum sentence of six months county jail upon conviction.

Most written complaints never appeared, once the complainant understood the consequences of a false allegation (and the fact that making one under oath became a felony).

Likewise, when a written complaint was received, the deputy was informed of the allegation and that lying would result in termination. Most of the time, it turned out to be a s/he said, s/he said situation and without other evidence no conclusion can be reached.

You forgot the obvious consequence of a written report: the painting of a huge target on the dude's head for every other cop in the area! I would not even DREAM of filing a written complaint unless I was willing to leave the state immediately. It's no different from squealing on a gangbanger.

Critical words to remember: "This interaction is being recorded and saved off-site in real time."

There are bad cops, and there are bad civilians. Two wrongs don't make a right, no matter how much you want to be on just one side of the issue.
Of course there are bad people on both sides of the coin, but until the widespread use of cameras, the bad cops were rarely even questioned. Even with damning video, many cops still skate when they should be locked up.
That's it right there. The camera. There's not more bad cops...there's more bad cops being caught in their lies.

The body and dash cams are catching the bad cops.

That's good news for Americans.

Forum List

Back