When Asked What, Besides Tax Cuts, Would Help The Economy, Pence Says Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Modbert, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Think Progress When Asked What, Besides Tax Cuts, Would Help The Economy, Pence Says Tax Cuts

Polly want a tax cut?

Video after the jump. I know it's ThinkProgress, but I figure it's mighty difficult to argue with a video, especially one from Fox News as their source for this.

As for the content itself, Pence and his fellow Republicans seem to have no other ideas to turn around this economy other than tax cuts and slogans that have no real power other than to sound good.

2. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Because increased taxation helps a private economy how??

I don't personally think we need tax cuts.. I think we need spending cuts and I think we need to raise taxes on those not paying any income taxes and those paying a lesser rate to the same rate as the top rate.... funny thing is that then I bet you would see people really supporting a tax cut

3. Mr. Peepers

Mr. Peepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +394

AND the useless tax cuts for the rich helped our private economy how???

4. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Why the same old GOP leadership irritates me. How about things like less government intervention, a more stable policy that won't have industry wondering about what's around the corner and afraid to hire or produce out of fear a new law is going to be passed that screws the pooch?

5. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Hmm... quite conveniently you leave off that tax cuts were not just for the 'rich'

And more monies in the hands of the economy and consumers drives the economy... taking more monies away in taxation leaves less in the private economy... hence tax 'cuts' (or lower taxation) is better for a private economy than increasing taxation... did you take even the most basic of classes on economics??

6. Mr. Peepers

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Really, you're going to pick at the sand with that straw? Who got the biggest wet kiss from these tax cuts?

[​IMG]

7. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Didn't Biden say that the expiration of these Bush tax cuts would only impact 3% of the small businesses in America? So, is the GOP saying that these 3% of the US small businesses are going to save our econmomy?

8. Mr. Peepers

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Again, we gave these tax cut to the "investment class" - not to the consumers, or the middle class. How did that help the economy? Oh right, it didn't. Why won't you guys ADMIT this? Just once?

9. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Let everyone keep more of their money, why does it have to be "supply side" or "demand side" economics, can't it be both? Perhaps the lower and middle classes would use that extra money ,spend more,create jobs, perhaps the richer would use that extra money to invest more or even save it which builds wealth for others to borrow and enjoy; a win-win for everyone might be less taxes for all mixed with;of course; less government spending.

10. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,155
    Since 1980, with the exception of "read my lips" Bush, tax cuts, wedge issues (guns, gays, god) and hate and fear have been the mainstay of Republican politics. The Progressives in the Demoratic Party are maligned by those on the right who support candidates who are rooted in the past, who have no ideas and so support the failed policies of the past.