When And Where Did Walker Clearly Announce What He was Going To Do?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
I see more than a few Far Right Wing Radicals spewing that "Walker campaigned and announced what he was going to do" meme but I don't see any proof of that.

Politifact has since debunked it outrightly.

I'd like any of you local RWers to kindly produce any proof that shows where Walker said, announced and/or campaigned about launching a full-on attack against the public sector.

And before you uber-radical RW fringers get your panties in a knot, simply provide proof where Walker stated that he's going to shut down the unions.

Based on the claims the lot of you has been making, it should be rather easy to produce an article or video clip of such.

I'll give you six months to come up with it and get your stories straight.

Go!

Last edited:
I'll give you seven. Seven months ago, he ran a campaign ad that he also posted on his youtube page.

youtube. com/user/supportscottwalker#p/u/28/vMAKW-VzY-c

But I'm sure the goal post will move.

Last edited:
He said it in the same campaign rally that Obama said "Folks, I'm gonna get mandatory healthcare insurance passed, and the bill is gonna be a monster, and it's gonna include massive tax hikes, 1099 requirements, 15,000 more IRS agenst to get your money..........I'm gonna pass it all, and if you all poll at over 50% against it, I'm gonna ram it down your throats anyway."

Thats when he said it, right after Obama said that.

I'll give you seven. Seven months ago, he ran a campaign ad that he also posted on his youtube page.

LoL!!

Where does he say that he was going to shut down unions?

Its a lie on so many fronts, firstly in that RW rhetoric puff piece he states that "everyone needs to pay their fair share...including me." Yet, the FIRST thing he does is cut the taxes for the rich. Where's THEIR fair share?

You people are classic.

:lol:

It's painfully easy to search for and read his campaign website, which, of course, is above MarcATL's pay grade.

Public Employee Unions are a special interest group and their representatives are lobbyists.

They deserve no special exemption from zero based budgeting.

Throughout six years of deficit spending and fiscal mismanagement, Governor Doyle left us with a state budget that could not weather even a small downturn in the economy. In a desperate attempt to remedy a $6 billion deficit (4th largest in the nation), the Governor recently signed a budget that raised taxes by over $2 billion and spending by over 6%.

Much of Wisconsin’s economic woes have resulted from years of delaying prudent financial decisions while making little effort to implement a pro-growth agenda for the state.

The decisions that our state and local leaders make now will determine the health of our economy for a generation. We cannot afford to perpetuate Wisconsin's fiscal woes by continually raising taxes and fees to avoid making the tough choices to prioritize spending.

Wisconsin deserves a government that puts the needs of citizens first. The following set of reforms will help put state government back on the side of the people:

Start the state budget at zero. Just because a government program has a vocal constituency and a high-priced lobbyist does not mean it should continue, let alone receive automatic funding increases. Every dollar spent should be scrutinized and justified, not simply given a blind percentage increase.

Require the use of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to balance every state budget, just as we require every local government and school district to do.

Strip policy and pork projects from the state budget. The budget process should be about funding essential government services based on the taxpayers’ ability to pay. It should not be about horse trading for special interest groups or establishing talking points for the next campaign.

End the practice of raiding segregated state funds to pay for other programs. If taxpayer revenue is collected for a specific purpose such as building and maintaining roads, it should be used for that purpose and that purpose only.

Restore Wisconsin’s reputation for clean and honest government through transparency in the state contracting process. Require lobbyists to report all attempts to influence state agency decisions regarding the awarding of state contracts and grants and provide real time disclosure of all contracts and grant awards. Government is spending your money and you have a right to know when, where, and how much.

Government Spending & Reform | Scott Walker for Wisconsin Governor

I see more than a few Far Right Wing Radicals spewing that "Walker campaigned and announced what he was going to do" meme but I don't see any proof of that.

I'd like any of you local RWers to kindly produce any proof that shows where Walker said, announced and/or campaigned about launching a full-on attack against the public sector.

And before you uber-radical RW fringers get your panties in a knot, simply provide proof where Walker stated that he's going to shut down the unions.

Based on the claims the lot of you has been making, it should be rather easy to produce an article or video clip of such.

I'll give you six month.

Go!

Nobody has claimed that he ran on a platform that "he's going to shut down the unions" or that he will be "launching a full-on attack against the public sector".

MarcATL.. meet reality... please acquaint yourself.

I'll give you six month.

Go!

In case you missed it, he has already been elected. And what you ask for is kinda irrelevant right about now.

He said it in the same campaign rally that Obama said "Folks, I'm gonna get mandatory healthcare insurance passed, and the bill is gonna be a monster, and it's gonna include massive tax hikes, 1099 requirements, 15,000 more IRS agenst to get your money..........I'm gonna pass it all, and if you all poll at over 50% against it, I'm gonna ram it down your throats anyway."

Good one Bucs, LMAO had to rep ya dude.

It's also kind of funny seeing this question from MarcATL who has supported Obama doing the opposite of what he promised.

LoL!!

Its a lie on so many fronts, firstly in that RW rhetoric puff piece he states that "everyone needs to pay their fair share...including me." Yet, the FIRST thing he does is cut the taxes for the rich. Where's THEIR fair share?

You people are classic.

Oh hey look, the goal post moved. Guess I saw that coming.

I'll give you six month.

Go!

Living in Western Michigan We get a lot of Talk radio from Wis, I can assure you the people of WIS knew what they were voting for. Balancing the Budget was his Main campaign point. He even talked about Public Sector unions as part of the Budget problem.

Walker isn't even proposing to shut down unions. He's just trying to get rid of them being able to set their own benefits and pensions in collusion with politicians sitting on the same side of the table.

He's also proposing that workers have the right to vote each year as to whether or not they want the union. Anyone who supports workers' rights shouldn't be afraid of the workers actually having a choice each year.

It's like "Balance our budget.....BUT....don't raise taxes, or cut spending, or fire people. Both other than those 3 things, we demand you balance the budget!"

If Gov Walker wasn't trying to pass this, and on paper his budget was growing bigger, Dems would be whining "Tea Party Governor (whether he's TP or not) ran on balancing a budget, and now is a hypocrite because he's spending more!!!"

Walker isn't even proposing to shut down unions. He's just trying to get rid of them being able to set their own benefits and pensions in collusion with politicians sitting on the same side of the table.

He's also proposing that workers have the right to vote each year as to whether or not they want the union. Anyone who supports workers' rights shouldn't be afraid of the workers actually having a choice each year.

Unions have never been big on their workers actually having a choice.

In the places where right to work laws have given people a choice, Union membership has dropped.

They are not big on Choice at all. They want those dues, and they do not want to have to earn them. They want you to have to pay to work. Period.

Exactly. THAT is what it comes down to. The actual worker is irrelevant to the union boss and democrats.

Union boss wants a mandatory deduction from the members paycheck, and mandatory membership to the union. Means guaranteed revenue.

Democrats want the revenue stream. As long as union bosses get that revenue flow, and Dems do as union boss says, then Dems keep that flood of campaign cash.

Neither give two sh*ts about Jane the 2nd year English teacher. They just wanna make sure they get her $1,000 a year in dues.

And if I recall....

Wasnt that also right before Obama said...

And if you vote for me, 95% of you will automatically see more money in your paycheck....dont vote for me and you wont?

Unions have never been big on their workers actually having a choice.

In the places where right to work laws have given people a choice, Union membership has dropped.

They are not big on Choice at all. They want those dues, and they do not want to have to earn them. They want you to have to pay to work. Period.

Indeed. This is why the Big Unions want Congress to pass Card Check. They don't even want their members to vote anonymously.

LoL!!

You people are classic.

Where is he shutting down unions?
He has a budget to balance and the unions for the public employees have proven that their collective bargaining techniques are self serving and not in the best interest of the state...so, as a business owner would, he has made a decision to eliminate their collective bargaining ability.

In case you missed it, he has already been elected. And what you ask for is kinda irrelevant right about now.

Thank you for posting the most telling post in this thread.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back