What's wrong with this picture?

What her Xbox had the rings of death? No one would buy it.
The point is, none of you know what is going on in her life.

So we should just STFU and send a check? Why can't we actually help her?

She has a new job, she just needs help with electric bill this month. What more do you want to do for her? Tell her how to live her life?

thats a really loaded question L.

Sorry, she indirectly paid into unemployment. Is unemployment a taxable income?
And you have no idea if it is a spade, that is the point. You know nothing about the woman. All you know is she was unemployment, she has a new job, and needed help with her electric bill.

Yes it's taxable but the fact is she didn't pay into it as you first claimed. The employers pay 6.2 percent on the first 7,000 dollars each employee earns and federal taxes covers the costs of administering UC.

When I see a person bitching about not being able to pay their bills while they sit and watch their big screen tv that tells me the person is a) isn't very bright and b) a parasite looking for a handout.

I think you are the parasite. ;)
So, while employed she was indirectly paying for UE, along with directly paying into federal taxes. While collecting UE she was receiving TAXABLE income. So, really if she actually received help, which she didn't, she helped pay for the help she was receiving. Am I right?
If I work for 20 years, pay my taxes for 20 years, then either receive UE or welfare. Didn't I help pay for that the last 20 years?
So, in reality, this woman helped fund a program that she wasn't even allowed to use. And your problem with this is?

You're free to think whatever you wish. No she wasn't paying for UC and I doubt very seriously if she paid any income tax, property tax, school tax etc... the only taxes she's likely to have paid is sales tax.

So no you're not right.

I think UC should be abolished altogether, along with every other welfare program that exists.

What her Xbox had the rings of death? No one would buy it.
The point is, none of you know what is going on in her life.

She has a new job, she just needs help with electric bill this month. What more do you want to do for her? Tell her how to live her life?

Teach her how to manage money since it's obvious she can't. She's going to be poor at any income if she doesn't learn this.

she was unemployed for a year before recently landing a job.

Read more: Funding cuts leave many without home heating assistance in Macon - Local & State - Macon.com

So, she had a job, paid her unemployment insurance, she now has a new job, and didn't receive any help. Exactly what is your problem with this lady? Is it that you can't tell her how to live her life?

How much do you think she actually paid? Georgia's starting rate is $229.50 per year.
http://www.dol.state.ga.us/pdf/forms/dol4e.pdf

PAFGABGIAMNOHPIPt.jpg

True, but we know she'd rather keep them than pay her bills.

Ah yes, that years old Xbox 360 are going to fetch quite the high price on ebay. Oh wait, if she has no internet, how is going to sell it on the internet? How about an ad in the paper? Oh wait, that costs money too.

Do tell how you expect her to get rid of the Xbox and make nearly close to anything as to how much she bought it for.

I could use the amusement.

And neither do you.
But we absolutely have the right to question her decisions.
Any time a person goes on the public tit - it is certainly our right to critique that person(s) decisions that got them there - and poor judgements/laziness that keeps them on our dollar.

Except you have no idea how she got there. You're making your entire basis for assumptions about this woman's life up to this point off a couple lines at most and a single picture.

True, but we know she'd rather keep them than pay her bills.

Ah yes, that years old Xbox 360 are going to fetch quite the high price on ebay. Oh wait, if she has no internet, how is going to sell it on the internet? How about an ad in the paper? Oh wait, that costs money too.

Do tell how you expect her to get rid of the Xbox and make nearly close to anything as to how much she bought it for.

I could use the amusement.

The point isn't that she would get a fair price, the point is that it's even a question of whether she should sell it or go begging. I wish I could buy back my grandfather's watch, it's worth a whole lot more to me. If and when I do, the seller is going to have a great day. But I sold it to pay some bills.

And neither do you.
But we absolutely have the right to question her decisions.
Any time a person goes on the public tit - it is certainly our right to critique that person(s) decisions that got them there - and poor judgements/laziness that keeps them on our dollar.

Except you have no idea how she got there. You're making your entire basis for assumptions about this woman's life up to this point off a couple lines at most and a single picture.

She obviously can't manage money. More money isn't going to fix that.

Yes it's taxable but the fact is she didn't pay into it as you first claimed. The employers pay 6.2 percent on the first 7,000 dollars each employee earns and federal taxes covers the costs of administering UC.

When I see a person bitching about not being able to pay their bills while they sit and watch their big screen tv that tells me the person is a) isn't very bright and b) a parasite looking for a handout.

I think you are the parasite. ;)
So, while employed she was indirectly paying for UE, along with directly paying into federal taxes. While collecting UE she was receiving TAXABLE income. So, really if she actually received help, which she didn't, she helped pay for the help she was receiving. Am I right?
If I work for 20 years, pay my taxes for 20 years, then either receive UE or welfare. Didn't I help pay for that the last 20 years?
So, in reality, this woman helped fund a program that she wasn't even allowed to use. And your problem with this is?

You're free to think whatever you wish. No she wasn't paying for UC and I doubt very seriously if she paid any income tax, property tax, school tax etc... the only taxes she's likely to have paid is sales tax.

So no you're not right.

I think UC should be abolished altogether, along with every other welfare program that exists.

How do you know what taxes she paid? Are you her accountant?

Teach her how to manage money since it's obvious she can't. She's going to be poor at any income if she doesn't learn this.

So, everyone who loses their job and has to take a cut to their income on UE doesn't know how to manage her money?
Is this because she won't sell her Xbox? What if something is wrong with the Xbox or the tv?
The point is, none of you know nothing about this woman, but have no problem judging her on what a paragraph said in an article and a picture.

Forum List

Back