What's wrong with this picture?

Why is having a cell phone always used as a sign of wealth? In many case people have them instead of traditional phones...and they are cheaper.

She has a job...how does that mean she is an entitlement junky?

WHat?
Cell phones with data plans are more expensive than a land line.
In order to post on facebook she has to have a data plan and a smart phone.
She is probably paying in the neighborhood of $75-$80 a month. Plus the phone likely cost her $75 - $100 minimum.
There is a company here that cost $49 for unlimited data, text and phone.

So? And the cost of the smart phone?
My point is valid. She is LIKELY paying $75-$100 a month, she may be paying less, she may be paying more. Judging by the cinema she has in her living room it would be safe to say she probably didn't skimp with the type of phone she has either.
At any rate, even if she was paying for some bare-minimum data plan that practically no one uses...that is still $55-$60 a month (after fees) that could go towards her electric bill.

So? She works and goes to school, her mother had open heart surgery recently and apparently she is taking care of her mother and trying to help her out.

I'm not sure how chanel even knows that her face book posts are from her mobile.

Basically, y'all see a black woman's face and start thinking all kind of negative shit.

Awesome.

Don't you people know that the squeaky wheel always gets the grease?

Some of you seem to have always had your grease delivered to you on a silver platter before you ever even had to make the slightest squeak.

Humbug and bedbugs to all of you grinches.

Um ravi. It says so right on the page."Raymeica activated Facebook Mobile" Do you have a facebook account?

Race card again? Tsk. Tsk.

Why don't you lefties just admit that you believe everyone has the right to a plasma T.V., Xbox, and mobile internet paid for by stupid Americans? That's what you are saying, correct?

I just checked out her facebook. She claims she has a job and is going to college. Many of her fb posts are from her "mobile". lol

In all fairness, she said she was not complaining about the "system". She was upset with the other crazy people who were trampling over the elderly. She may not be the poster child of that mentality, but there were some there that were.

You seem so sure of that. Whatever floats your yacht.

So? She works and goes to school, her mother had open heart surgery recently and apparently she is taking care of her mother and trying to help her out.

I'm not sure how chanel even knows that her face book posts are from her mobile.

Basically, y'all see a black woman's face and start thinking all kind of negative shit.

Awesome.

Niiice.
Throw out the worn and tired race card again. That makes what...the 3rd time in this thread?
Perhaps it is YOU who have the race problem...you are the only one who brought it up...again.

Um ravi. It says so right on the page."Raymeica activated Facebook Mobile" Do you have a facebook account?

Why don't you lefties just admit that you believe everyone has the right to a plasma T.V., Xbox, and mobile internet paid for by stupid Americans? That's what you are saying, correct?
If the poor stop buying cheap substutes for the security of owning their own homes the economy will really go down the drain. Don't shoot yourself in the foot chanel. :lol:

Nope. I'm saying she was unemployed and now isn't. She is taking care of her mother. As a former and present tax payer she is certainly qualified to ask for some of what she has paid in to the system back to help with heating. And for all we know she was standing in line with her mother, to get help for her mother.

I've had an xbox for at least 5 years...

Welcome back ang. I'm feeling a little perturbed this morning, because people were rioting over $200 sneakers this week. Makes me a little nuts.

Merry Christmas, chanel. I'm with you on people wasting their money on extragant things, be they rich or poor. I wish people would think more about just taking what they need and sharing the rest. I think we'd all be less stressed if we did more of that.

Awesome.

Niiice.
Throw out the worn and tired race card again. That makes what...the 3rd time in this thread?
Perhaps it is YOU who have the race problem...you are the only one who brought it up...again.
:lol: Take chanel to task, or eots...

Awesome.

Niiice.
Take chanel to task, or eots...
This story reminds me of LaTwania and her heating problems and how a certain real estate agent was supposed to help her out personally with the heating bill but found a pile of excuses why he couldn't.:lol:

Awesome.

Niiice.
:lol: Take chanel to task, or eots...

eots...I have no idea what that means.

She has internet, cable, and an internet cell. Yet she's willing to let her elderly disabled mother freeze. What a poor excuse for a daughter. I don't care if she made a million dollars a year in the past, She obviously has no savings (or is unwilling to part with it) and or her priorities are messed up. I wonder who's paying for her college. No sympathy.

"What's wrong with this picture"?

In my not so humble opinion posting it is divisive, posting it is race baiting and posting it serves no high purpose; rather it continues to pit black v. white and expose the poor or less well off to ridicule.
I wonder what motivates Chanel, an educated women if in fact she is a public school teacher, in posting such a photo - red meat if you will for the bigots?

She has internet, cable, and an internet cell. Yet she's willing to let her elderly disabled mother freeze. What a poor excuse for a daughter. I don't care if she made a million dollars a year in the past, She obviously has no savings (or is unwilling to part with it) and or her priorities are messed up. I wonder who's paying for her college. No sympathy.
How do you know that? Other than spying on her facebook page, none of that is in the article...

In my not so humble opinion posting it is divisive, posting it is race baiting and posting it serves no high purpose; rather it continues to pit black v. white and expose the poor or less well off to ridicule.
I wonder what motivates Chanel, an educated women if in fact she is a public school teacher, in posting such a photo - red meat if you will for the bigots?

Wrong as usual.
Why not comment on the facts, rather than veiled insults.

1) This "needy" woman "can't" pay her heat bill.
2) She complains about the bill while standing in front of an at least 60" widescreen TV and Xbox 360.
3) She has a smart phone with a data plan that cost probably between $75-$100 per month.

So...it is bigotry and/or racism to critique that need knowing the above?

Hardly.

I have a question;

if we took 10 people in similar conditions, and said to them; we would pay their hating bill for the next 4 months BUT we are taking say a high end entertainment object say the big screen or play station or they had to use a land line and cut off their cell phone, how many do we think would say yes go ahead and take it?

Last edited:

you have become fixated on race it appears at the exclusion of discussing her point. I think you are you are projecting or trying to take the topic OT willfully.

Forum List

Back