What's wrong with this picture?

Good point. Since she doesn't have electricity she should sell it for whatever she can get...$75?...and buy some firewood.

Plus we all know she bought it with her unemployment check anyway. I mean, there's no way she had that TV before she lost her job a year ago.
I'm shocked at your faith in human nature. She's black, for God's sake! Black! Of course she bought the tv with her unemployment check! And of course she has no RIGHT to expect that her tax dollars paid while employed might come back to her to pay for her heating bill.

Why the three of them should be out on the street turning tricks and paying their bills!

What the fuck is wrong with America?

Totally ... I'm sick of this class warfare the left keeps waging.

Good point. Since she doesn't have electricity she should sell it for whatever she can get...$75?...and buy some firewood.

Plus we all know she bought it with her unemployment check anyway. I mean, there's no way she had that TV before she lost her job a year ago.
I'm shocked at your faith in human nature. She's black, for God's sake! Black! Of course she bought the tv with her unemployment check! And of course she has no RIGHT to expect that her tax dollars paid while employed might come back to her to pay for her heating bill.

Why the three of them should be out on the street turning tricks and paying their bills!

Weak. Barely an attempt at a strawman..and not even a very good attempt.

Yep...it is a FACT that only white people are affected by economic downturns. Aint no way this woman was ever gainfully employed.

:cuckoo:

I am surprised with all the time you spend volunteering at shelters you have the time to come here. Or even have the money to pay for internet connection with the extra 30% of your income you donate to the IRS to help these poor souls.

I am surprised with all the time you spend volunteering at shelters you have the time to come here. Or even have the money to pay for internet connection with the extra 30% of your income you donate to the IRS to help these poor souls.

Well I for one am not surprised that you are pretending to know anything about me ... it goes right along with your assumptions about the woman in the OP.

Entitlement mindset.
Really? If you were gainfully employed and paid your taxes then found yourself without a job you would refuse to accept a portion of your taxes back?

Do you plan on spurning SS when the time comes?

Would your thinking be different if this woman was white?

Where do you get your daily news from, btw. Google alerts? Some of us would love to see what you have typed in for Google to alert you about.

Damn straight.
"Behind on my bills" - my ass..whatever.
If a person cannot survive on unemployment than they were living waaaay beyond their means to begin with. That 60-72" TV is only one testament to her lousy decision making process.

Well I for one am not surprised that you are pretending to know anything about me ... it goes right along with your assumptions about the woman in the OP.

Oh really?
And you are not making assumptions?
Why is your assumptions more "accurate" than mine?

Oh really?
And you are not making assumptions?
Why is your assumptions more "accurate" than mine?

In regards to the OP? No, that's y'alls bag ...

I just checked out her facebook. She claims she has a job and is going to college. Many of her fb posts are from her "mobile". lol

In all fairness, she said she was not complaining about the "system". She was upset with the other crazy people who were trampling over the elderly. She may not be the poster child of that mentality, but there were some there that were.

I just checked out her facebook. She claims she has a job and is going to college. Many of her fb posts are from her "mobile". lol...

Great, so she has a cell contract with a data plan and a smart phone.
That alone could pay 3/4 of her electric bill.

So your dodging the question. Guess I would too.

"No" is not a dodge.

Okay then. If by no you are saying that your assumption is no better than mine that is at least a start.
Nevertheless, the statistics are waaaaaaaaaaaaay on my side.

Uh, no. By no I mean I made no assumptions about the woman in the OP. It was y'all that wanted to vilify her, all I did was cast more than reasonable doubt to counter your assumptions.

Oh, and there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

If a stat sheet can be manipulated into making JD Drew look like a good baseball player anything is possible.

Several years ago, when I was working in County govt., I got a frantic call 4:30 on a Friday. A young mother claimed that she was unable to get welfare on the phone and had no heat in her house. I called someone I knew who worked there and his first question was "Did you ask what she spent her heat money on?" He then explained in an effort to teach welfare recipients fiscal responsibility, they were giving out lump sums on monthly cash and having people pay their own bills. It was a disaster, because like this woman, they were spending their money on other things.

I'm not sure if it still works that way, but no one can argue that many of these people have effed up priorities. Well - I guess some can... :cool:

I just checked out her facebook. She claims she has a job and is going to college. Many of her fb posts are from her "mobile". lol

In all fairness, she said she was not complaining about the "system". She was upset with the other crazy people who were trampling over the elderly. She may not be the poster child of that mentality, but there were some there that were.
Why is having a cell phone always used as a sign of wealth? In many case people have them instead of traditional phones...and they are cheaper.

She has a job...how does that mean she is an entitlement junky?

Why is having a cell phone always used as a sign of wealth? In many case people have them instead of traditional phones...and they are cheaper.

WHat?
Cell phones with data plans are more expensive than a land line.
In order to post on facebook she has to have a data plan and a smart phone.
She is probably paying in the neighborhood of $75-$80 a month. Plus the phone likely cost her $75 - $100 minimum.

WHat?
Cell phones with data plans are more expensive than a land line.
In order to post on facebook she has to have a data plan and a smart phone.
She is probably paying in the neighborhood of $75-$80 a month. Plus the phone likely cost her $75 - $100 minimum.
There is a company here that cost $49 for unlimited data, text and phone.

Forum List

Back