What's wrong with the GOP? Vote on Supreme Court Justice

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
I have yet to hear a non-political non-BS reason for the GOP's hold out from meeting and voting on a Supreme Court Nominee. If there was a president Trump and the same situation presented itself in 4 years is there any doubt that they would flip a 180 and support a vote for the nominee??

If the GOP doesn't like the nominated justice then they can simply vote NO. The gridlock is ridiculous and the source for much frustration from Americans... Why can't they just do their jobs?

Give it a freaking chance. Hussein only nominated him the day before yesterday. On the surface it seems that the judge might be a moderate but rumors persist that he holds unconstitutional personal bias against the 2nd Amendment. Let it play out.

Give it a freaking chance. Hussein only nominated him the day before yesterday. On the surface it seems that the judge might be a moderate but rumors persist that he holds unconstitutional personal bias against the 2nd Amendment. Let it play out.
I hope it plays out and congress does their job. I've been shaking my head for weeks at this posturing by the GOP to not even consider a nominee. It blows my mind and I still haven't heard a sensible justification.

Obama will be denied the opportunity to put another justice on the SCOTUS, he could nominate God and it will be request denied, out of spite!

Obama will be denied the opportunity to put another justice on the SCOTUS, he could nominate God and it will be request denied, out of spite!
I agree, spite is the purpose behind the stand off... Not this "Leave it up to the people" BS. This attitude is whats spinning our government down the drain.

I agree, spite is the purpose behind the stand off... Not this "Leave it up to the people" BS. This attitude is whats spinning our government down the drain.

The word you are searching for is 'consequences' as in, Obama behaves like an ass for the last 7 years and now there are consequences. :eusa_boohoo:

They are trying to raise interest in their base for the presidential election. It is backfiring, but that is nonetheless the reason.

The word you are searching for is 'consequences' as in, Obama behaves like an ass for the last 7 years and now there are consequences. :eusa_boohoo:
Good i guess we can all just be children then and respond in kind... There was a time when good strong people showed character and leadership by holding themselves to a higher standard then their competition. I guess thats not a game the GOP wants or is capable of playing. Question though, how do they think this is going to help repair this partisan divide that is crippling the progress of our government?

Good i guess we can all just be children then and respond in kind... There was a time when good strong people showed character and leadership by holding themselves to a higher standard then their competition. I guess thats not a game the GOP wants or is capable of playing. Question though, how do they think this is going to help repair this partisan divide that is crippling the progress of our government?

I agree with the current Senate Majority Leader when he said: ""Let's get back to the way the Senate operated for over 200 years, up or down votes on the president's nominee, no matter who the president is, no matter who's in control of the Senate. That's the way we need to operate."

>>>>

I hope it plays out and congress does their job. I've been shaking my head for weeks at this posturing by the GOP to not even consider a nominee. It blows my mind and I still haven't heard a sensible justification.
Maybe they think they'll have a better chance with Hillary and a Democrat controlled Senate.

because the republicans are a bunch of fuckin hacks. Thats why
They should vote. And depending on his qualifications vote yes or no. Of course, with that unconstitutional hack he appointed, they should DEFINATELY say NO.

Sure, give them a little time so they can check out his birth certificate, or investigate whether he caused the Benghazi tragedy. They are right wingers. They'll make up some silly thing to accuse him of. They always have before.

Who's supposed to set the example to follow, yes Obama. Case closed.

Sure, give them a little time so they can check out his birth certificate, or investigate whether he caused the Benghazi tragedy. They are right wingers. They'll make up some silly thing to accuse him of. They always have before.
What have they accused him of before?

No. The word is childish or vindictive. Behavior you might expect from an ex mother in law, but totally not acceptable for elected representatives.

What have they accused him of before?

They make up accusations. That's what they do. He hasn't been in their sights before, but made up accusations are SOP for the right.

Who's supposed to set the example to follow, yes Obama. Case closed.
If you hate Obama so much then why would you support your party to act in kind? By doing that theres nothing that differentiates you from him

Unable to strip Constitutional rights through or take over supreme power through Congress, Liberals are pissed because they want the USSC to be a Super-Legislative entity that can push their agenda into law, and the GOP won't let them do it.

:crybaby:

That's what was so great about Scalia. He believed in the Constitution as written, believed it was NOT the USSC's job to create or take away laws through the courts. If you wanted to change or add something, he believed in doing it using the legally democratic way through local, state, and Congress levels.

Bourke, the guy the Liberals also screwed, believed the same thing. He argued AGAINT making abortion legal....AND argued against the right about making abortion ILLEGAL. He believed such actions had to be worked through CONGRESS, not 'mandated' by the USSC through a naturally biased - one way or the other - USSC Judge's decision. Liberals don't want that because they aren't getting their way and can't IMPOSE their will on people (like they did with the ACA). They want someone like garland who will come in and IMPOSE his liberal bias on others, issuing a ruling that will in effect create law / strip Constitutional rights.

:haha:

Last edited:
Congress hasn't been doing its job for decades, what's the urgency now?

Unable to strip Constitutional rights through or take over supreme power through Congress, Liberals are pissed because they want the USSC to be a Super-Legislative entity that can push their agenda into law, and the GOP won't let them do it.

:crybaby:
Then they can make a statement by voting NO... Doing nothing just highlights the problems causing the DC gridlock that have been frustrating the shit out of the people.

Forum List

Back