What's up with all this Flesh Eating Bacteria ?

When I was young, I remember swimming in all kinds of lakes, streams, creeks, ponds, oceans etc and never once worried about any "Flesh Eating" bacteria. I've been in some pretty disgusting water off the East Coast as a child. Stepped on oyters and got nasty cuts in water browner than root beer and sometimes with dead fish not far away. Never worried about open cuts when going in the water. Actually, I always thought the salt would clean them.

Now it seems you can't go in the water without some concern for it.

According to this story, 80,000 illnesses and 100 deaths are caused by this bacteria every year.

Do you ever remember worrying about this as a child (if you're over 40)? Was I just extremely lucky?

Or, is it just that news travels faster today and there are more people?

Or....are bacteria becoming more vicious and deadly?

Boy infected with flesh-eating bacteria during trip to Maryland beach, mom says
Boy infected with flesh-eating bacteria during trip to Maryland beach, mom says
I think it is warmer water temperatures.

There are vast changes in the worlds oceans due to the warming water. As it warms the colder climate sea life dies off because it cannot move to any colder water. The warm water sea life moves north seeking cooler water. It's all changing.

are bacteria becoming more vicious and deadly?
No, antibiotics are becoming less effective due to overuse.

Yes. AND the overuse of antibiotics are creating "super bugs" that are more vicious and deadly. Bacteria evolve rapidly, they have adapted to the antibiotics.
-------------------------------- that's the thing , Doctor would say , hey , the kid has a bad cold and is sick so let him fight it off and that was that . Nowaday I have heard stupid parents say , I just took the kid in for a shot of antibiotics cause the kids cold is bad . And the new style young 'doktors' give the shot .
You don't think it could have been decades and decades of boomer doctors thinking a pill will cure everything? This didn't happen overnight.

Yes. AND the overuse of antibiotics are creating "super bugs" that are more vicious and deadly. Bacteria evolve rapidly, they have adapted to the antibiotics.
-------------------------------- that's the thing , Doctor would say , hey , the kid has a bad cold and is sick so let him fight it off and that was that . Nowaday I have heard stupid parents say , I just took the kid in for a shot of antibiotics cause the kids cold is bad . And the new style young 'doktors' give the shot .
You don't think it could have been decades and decades of boomer doctors thinking a pill will cure everything? This didn't happen overnight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ don't know , don't care . Weak antibiotics or pills to cure everything didn't happen to ME . I'm serious as i say that my age group or maybe only me avoided most everything bad in USA Society as I grew up [i am 70] . I see guys just 10 years younger than me and they are all messed up in their thinking ability and health 'NYBod .

There's such a thing as being too clean.
Me and my fishing and hunting buddy of 25 years have a saying....it's camp clean.
In other words it's rinsed off till ya cant see any stuck on food particles.
On occasion we might even use soap.
I've had a grand total of two colds and the flu,or it was possibly just a bad cold, in my 54 years of life.
So being a numpty works. Good for you.

It's worked for millions of Americans who drank hose water growing up and didnt slather themselves with antibacterial gel constantly.
You're a complete dumbass if you think not building up your resistance to germs by letting your body fight them doesnt lead to a stronger immune system.
That would be a scientific fact. But then you dumbfucks think there are more than two genders......
There more than 2 genders, male, female and hermaphrodite. Now you know.
Hermaphrodite ? I remember telling this rough lookin chick to go fuck herself and she replied: "Be right back". Musta been ona them, eh ?
Quit monkeying around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ don't know , don't care . Weak antibiotics or pills to cure everything didn't happen to ME . I'm serious as i say that my age group or maybe only me avoided most everything bad in USA Society as I grew up [i am 70] . I see guys just 10 years younger than me and they are all messed up in their thinking ability and health 'NYBod .
Well, of course. Things are getting worse for people, not better. As we continue to pollute with the planet with unbridled enthusiasm, people get sicker and sicker. It's not one thing making people so much sicker today.

Folks were not meant to live in filth. Filthy air, filthy water, filthy earth.

But efforts to clean things up and curb our pollution and destruction are usually met with resistance by your generation. Because it's really just all about YOU.

Well, of course. Things are getting worse for people, not better. As we continue to pollute with the planet with unbridled enthusiasm, people get sicker and sicker. It's not one thing making people so much sicker today.

Folks were not meant to live in filth. Filthy air, filthy water, filthy earth.

But efforts to clean things up and curb our pollution and destruction are usually met with resistance by your generation. Because it's really just all about YOU.

------------------------ YEP , its about ME . But 'aoc' and the other foreign thinking 'dems' got all your answers though . I mean , look at their 'blood' meaning their parents , grandparents and forebears that built their foreign countries , nations , hell holes and Zhitholes 'NYBod .

aw pollution as 'china' the biggest polluter in the world pollutes to try to bring modernity to 'china' NYBod .

but i think that its MAY be know nothing millenial parents and maybe their doper type parents that just don't know anything about raising kids . So , they never had any knowledge or common sense to pass on to their kids NYBod .

------------------------ YEP , its about ME . But 'aoc' and the other foreign thinking 'dems' got all your answers though . I mean , look at their 'blood' meaning their parents , grandparents and forebears that built their foreign countries , nations , hell holes and Zhitholes 'NYBod .

And we have a shining example of why we are all getting sicker. However, the clock ticks...

And we have a shining example of why we are all getting sicker. However, the clock ticks...
--------------------------------------- aw , you'll live, MAYBE 'NYBod .

There are vast changes in the worlds oceans due to the warming water. As it warms the colder climate sea life dies off because it cannot move to any colder water. The warm water sea life moves north seeking cooler water. It's all changing.

The only problem with that theory is the Oceans are actually cooling, not warming.....
The Atlantic Is Entering A Cool Phase That Will Change The World’s Weather
image-20150528-31344-zr6dkt.png

The only problem with that theory is the Oceans are actually cooling, not warming.....
The Atlantic Is Entering A Cool Phase That Will Change The World’s Weather
image-20150528-31344-zr6dkt.png
People pick the science that supports their narrative.

I live on the Pacific and I can see the changes with my own eyes. I can also feel the warmer water. It's been a decade since I've needed a wet suit in the water.

People pick the science that supports their narrative.
I live on the Pacific and I can see the changes with my own eyes. I can also feel the warmer water. It's been a decade since I've needed a wet suit in the water.

True, you can find supporting "evidence" no matter what your position.
But it's also true (according to nearly all accepted science), that cooler (glaciation) periods and non-glaciation periods come and go naturally.

So we really can't say for sure if there's any such thing as "Global warming" except naturally.

That said, I guess you could be correct....the Oceans could be warmer right now, but it could be naturally.

and another thing about SICKNESS . Yeah modern medical and science does what it can to prolong disease or to cure people But at one time in the recent past people just simply died due to old age or disease . Now they get another 10 - 20 years of 'zhitty and sickly so called Life' and figure that thats advancement and good advancement . Nowadays people think that they are going to live forever and though they might live forever in the future i don't think that that thinking works Today NYBod .

Supporting evidence is that increased temperatures are affecting heat-shock in the genomes of toxic algae, and this would likely coincide in flesh-eating bacteria.

23 Jul 2019 Citrus County, Florida
abactionnews.com

Forum List

Back