What’s the secret? How do you peel a hard-boiled egg without tearing it apart?

The end of the egg is hollow/void. I walk out into my shop and pop it with 145 lbs of air pressure. It's peeled in 1/2 a second. I do a dozen in 30 seconds and the ol lady makes egg salad.

You're as bad as the guy withe the wire brush +1/2 drill peeling potatoes in a 5-gallon bucket

Seriously, you pop the fatter end and the peel should come off all at once, or in 3 or less pieces.

Cooling them immediately is the trick. I used to boil 9 eggs a week and keep them in the fridge.

There is actually a cheap piece of cookware you can buy that works sort of like that. You puncture the end with the bubble, and then just press the egg out of the shell.

3163WaBKIDL.jpg

The end of the egg is hollow/void. I walk out into my shop and pop it with 145 lbs of air pressure. It's peeled in 1/2 a second. I do a dozen in 30 seconds and the ol lady makes egg salad.

You're as bad as the guy withe the wire brush +1/2" drill peeling potatoes in a 5-gallon bucket

Seriously, you pop the fatter end and the peel should come off all at once, or in 3 or less pieces.

Cooling them immediately is the trick. I used to boil 9 eggs a week and keep them in the fridge.
I have a dozen toucans so I peel a dozen chicken eggs every single morning...since 2005. That's their protein source.
maracan.jpg

You're as bad as the guy withe the wire brush +1/2" drill peeling potatoes in a 5-gallon bucket

I have a dozen toucans so I peel a dozen chicken eggs every single morning...since 2005. That's their protein source.
View attachment 165023

Isn't that quasi-cannibalistic for a bird?

I break the shell all around and then roll is on the counter. With the membrane loose, a simple task to peel them.

View attachment 165023

Kinda sorta I suppose but having studied the critters for some 32 years now they eat any egg than can steal from another birds nest, tree frogs out of the cups of bromeliads, sardines in fresh water streams, crayfish. They're actually mean fuckers in the wild. In captivity they have to have protein without iron content( high iron will kill them) so the amino acid profile of the chicken egg is perfect. My oldest is 12 now and in perfect health so my system is a proven one.

View attachment 165023

Kinda sorta I suppose but having studied the critters for some 32 years now they eat any egg than can steal from another birds nest, tree frogs out of the cups of bromeliads, sardines in fresh water streams, crayfish. They're actually mean fuckers in the wild. In captivity they have to have protein without iron content( high iron will kill them) so the amino acid profile of the chicken egg is perfect. My oldest is 12 now and in perfect health so my system is a proven one.

I guess beef and bear is out of the question.

View attachment 165023

Hahaha. Not for me it aint !
trout.JPG

View attachment 165023

View attachment 165026

Waht are those? That is neither beef not bear. My 1st guess=Mackeral.

A) It's Mackeral time.

B) They kinda look like that.

View attachment 165023

View attachment 165026

A) It's Mackeral time.

Smoked rainbows out of my ponds
2frontpond.jpg

View attachment 165026

A) It's Mackeral time.

View attachment 165028

:eek: I hope you sell some, too!

I'd imagine smoked would be the best way for those, kinda like mullet, but better.

Best tricks for boiled eggs? Don't boil the eggs.

Use a larger pot and bring plenty of water to a boil, enough to cover the eggs about an inch or so. Carefully lower the eggs into the water & turn down to low to gently simmer & add a good pinch of baking soda. The soda will fizz up quickly, then subside. If you don't have a tall enough pot, it could boil over.
Simmer eggs 3-5 minutes, then turn off the heat & let them cool naturally....about an hour. They should peel easily.

Yeah. Good eye. Jersey x brahma. They're dairy cattle.We take the males at 350 lb or so for meat. The longhorns are at my farm down at sea level where its hot and kinda dry~ish. I'm at 2700 feet here

View attachment 165026

A) It's Mackeral time.

View attachment 165028

:eek: I hope you sell some, too!

I'd imagine smoked would be the best way for those, kinda like mullet, but better.
Hard call. I was a FL boy so I love me some smoked mullet. Rainbows are less oily and likeley more healthy. I sell to two restaurants so we pull maybe 120 lbs a month. I also have tilapia.

Yeah. Good eye. Jersey x brahma. They're dairy cattle.We take the males at 350 lb or so for meat. The longhorns are at my farm down at sea level where its hot and kinda dry~ish. I'm at 2700 feet here

so you have access to raw Jersey milk & cream????

bhouz.jpg

LOL. I own 775 acres of organic bliss. I grow everything I need and even grow the feed for the animals I keep.

View attachment 165035

LOL. I own 775 acres of organic bliss. I grow everything I need and even grow the feed for the animals I keep.

Lucky bastard!!!

It’s time to get away from politics for a moment and talk about something important for a change.

I carefully peeled a couple of hard-boiled eggs today and both were kind of torn up when I was finished. I can’t remember this happening when I was young. For Easter we’d hard boil loads of eggs to color and hide and I don't remember them being hard to peel, while keeping the finished egg intact.

About a year ago I saw this question discussed on a forum for chefs. They apparently have the same problems. They talked about new eggs, old eggs, peel under running water. But they seemed more baffled than confident, and I can’t remember any solid answers being suggested.

So, how is it done? What is your secret?
Ah, poor lefties can't figure out how to peel a hard boiled egg. Who knew they needed help? Obviously no one or we'd have an entire federal bureaucracy dedicated to several huge overlapping counterproductive departments, agencies, aides up the ass, and providing both the House and Senate oversight committees more opportunity to shirk their responsibilities while dedicating their lives to public service...

Forum List

Back