What's the big deal if Iran gets the bomb?

They want a nuclear deterrent against invasion/attack, with the US and Israel threatening them every time a shitty conservative warhawk gets in power it is in their best interest to have one. I do not for a minute believe that they intend to use such a weapon in an offensive manner seeing as how after it is used the rest of the world will totally annihilate their country. Sure they may have crazies in charge but they are not that crazy, dirty bombs are much easier to use and entirely within their means right now and have not been used.

your knowledge of radical muslims is very limited. The crazies ARE in charge.

Your knowledge is non existent.

Having worked in the mid east with arabs and muslims for many years, my knowledge exceeds yours by 1000%.

They want a nuclear deterrent against invasion/attack, with the US and Israel threatening them every time a shitty conservative warhawk gets in power it is in their best interest to have one. I do not for a minute believe that they intend to use such a weapon in an offensive manner seeing as how after it is used the rest of the world will totally annihilate their country. Sure they may have crazies in charge but they are not that crazy, dirty bombs are much easier to use and entirely within their means right now and have not been used.

Thanks for some thought. But why spend all that time on building a bomb, when they could just fly a plane into one of the existing nuclear power plants?

The characterization of Iran as a terrorist nation is grossly overblown.

Do yourself a favor and check for polyps while you have your head up your ass.

Poor little Iran just trying to protect itself from big bad Israel and the U.S..

Thanks for the laugh.

All your knowledge of Iran flows from the people who want to kill every last human being that lives on top of our oil.

Wrong. Your inability to see who the dangerous actor is the only thing that's lacking.

Seems like we are the only nation that routinely blows up other nations and you call them "terrorist"?

Can you believe the scum that calls the dimocrap party 'home'?

Are there any dimocraps out there with enough self-respect to not be a part of the same party that allows scumbags like this in it?

Or do you choose to just put your fingers in your ears while you :eusa_whistle:

Which, AFAIC, makes you a scumbag too.
Harsh, but a bullseye, nevertheless...

"...Do yourself a favor and check for polyps while you have your head up your ass."
There goes half-an-ounce of morning coffee right back out through the nose... too funny!
teeth_smile.gif

All your knowledge of Iran flows from the people who want to kill every last human being that lives on top of our oil.

Wrong. Your inability to see who the dangerous actor is the only thing that's lacking.

Seems like we are the only nation that routinely blows up other nations and you call them "terrorist"?

And they are one of the few nations that do this.

Iranians cry 'death to America' in huge rally - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckLO8HcNyo]Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: "Death to Israel" - YouTube[/ame]

People like you make me sick. You're the downside to having freedom.

What would happen, really? How long would it take them to build an accurate delivery system? Who would they drop it on? Israel? I doubt it, that's where the Dome of the Rock is, the Muslims most holy temple. And if God says the Jewish temple must be rebuilt before the antichrist can take over, that would make it thousands more years before it could be built, if Israel is nuked. And if they dropped one anywhere, Iran would be destroyed immediately. That whole country would become a glass desert. The Persian people would cease to exist. Let's face it, the U.S. is the only country in the world that was insane enough to use nuclear weapons. And Truman dropped those bombs just to show Russia that we were that crazy. The U.S. was also going to nuke Vietnam and Laos. And there was a plan to nuke the moon. Destroy the moon, and the earth dies. Real smart huh. Russia's had the bomb for over 50 years, and they've never used one. China, India, Pakistan, North Korea and Israel have nukes too. North Korea can't figure out how to make one fly. And it's a wonder Pakistan hasn't given one to Iran.

So what's your scenario for what would happen? WWIII? Really?

Then what is the deal if a mentally ill person gets a gun??

Poor little Iran just trying to protect itself from big bad Israel and the U.S..

Thanks for the laugh.

Wrong, our knowledge of you comes from you doing things like this....

1996998829_1.jpg

Atefah

And this:

original.jpg

Neda

If we could get you to stand and fight, we'd wipe you from the face of the Earth. But like the cowards you are, you choose to murder innocent women and children in the most cowardly of ways.

Some day. Some day we will force you to stand fight. And you will die like the cowards you are. Not like men, because you are not. But like terrified cowards who are only good at hitting when the opposition is not looking.

yeah, I forgot. The USA did 9/11. Idiot!

Oh I forgot Saddam did that one, sorry.

Who said Saddam did it? not me. Radical muslims did it.

I did not support going into Iraq or Afghanistan, we should have taken them out covertly or with smart bombs, ground wars were a waste of lives and dollars.

The United States has killed so many civilians with Tomahawk missiles that cost millions a pop and drones that cost millions a pop. It shouldn't be surprising that in countries that don't have the same news media we have that all they hear about is how Americans are killing their neighbors. A large majority of people in the Middle East have never heard of 9/11. All they know is their cousin in some village a few miles away was killed by American soldiers or American missiles.

So yes, in the eye of the beholder America is the terrorist.

The United States has killed so many civilians with Tomahawk missiles that cost millions a pop and drones that cost millions a pop. It shouldn't be surprising that in countries that don't have the same news media we have that all they hear about is how Americans are killing their neighbors. A large majority of people in the Middle East have never heard of 9/11. All they know is their cousin in some village a few miles away was killed by American soldiers or American missiles.

So yes, in the eye of the beholder America is the terrorist.

the people of the mid east are not the naive fools that you think they are. They are very aware of what is going on in the world. More so than 50% of americans.

radical islam is as much the enemy of the mid east as it is the enemy of the west.

"...How long would it take them to build an accurate delivery system?..."

iranarsenal_280909-source-khaleejtimes.com.jpg

They can already hit Turkey, Israel, Egypt, India and much of the Sunni Islamic domain and parts of Russia and Southeastern Europe, as well as the Persian Gulf and the Indian Ocean regions, according to most estimates, with some of the more generous estimates stating that they can hit pretty much all of Europe, not just Greece and the Balkans.

It's a good bet that they won't need much more time in order to hit most everything in the Eastern Hemisphere, from one point or another within their borders.

It may be a while before they develop anything capable of hitting anything in the Western Hemisphere but we have a lot of good friends and allies within range already, and more on the way, not to mention our own overseas bases on that side of the world.

They're already well on their way to such capabilities, being able to threaten much of the Eastern Hemisphere, so let's not pretend that they don't already have capable ballistic missles - even 'intercontinental' ballistic missiles (ICBM) - strictly speaking.

With better ones (longer-range, more accurate) ones certain to come in the near future; motivated and incentivized and catalyzed, no doubt, by the prospect of bolting nuclear warheads on top of even better SECOND-generation delivery systems.

They ALREADY HAVE their FIRST-generation delivery mechanisms.

Wake up.

yeah, I forgot. The USA did 9/11. Idiot!

Oh I forgot Saddam did that one, sorry.

Who said Saddam did it? not me. Radical muslims did it.

I did not support going into Iraq or Afghanistan, we should have taken them out covertly or with smart bombs, ground wars were a waste of lives and dollars.

What do you think a war with Iran would look like? They are an advanced industrialized nation with formidable weapons and thirty years of certainty that our nation and Israel occasionally wants to kill a significant portion of their population bombing their infrastructure flat. Even a a limited air war would be hideously expensive in lives and money with no good coming out of it. Good god, what a bunch of idiots some people are thinking that anyone would benefit from such an adventure other than the slimy war profiteers at the pentagon.

Forum List

Back