Whats really going on in IRAQ no "Happy News"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031026/wl_nm/iraq_attack_dc_24
A Bush administration official actually seeing some combat in his lifetime. Amazing.

"These terrorist attacks will not deter us from completing our mission...", said Wolfowitz, moments before he was whisked back to the United States under heavily armed guard.

By the way, maybe Bush should visit Iraq and see for himself just how much progress we've made, and show our military men and women just how brave and courageous he truly is. True, it's not as grandiose as landing on an aircraft carrier in a borrowed flight suit, but it would really show the military that he's with them.

Do you realize that there is already an entire thread dedicated to this very topic?

A Bush administration official actually seeing some combat in his lifetime. Amazing.

Between Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld & Tommy Franks they have collectively 92 years of military duty under their belt. How about John Abizaid who took over for Franks and now is in charge of US Central Command? That would be another 30 years of service.

"These terrorist attacks will not deter us from completing our mission...", said Wolfowitz, moments before he was whisked back to the United States under heavily armed guard.

And what's your point? Has the mission been cancelled? What should have been done after the Deputy Defense Secretary was nearly blown up?

By the way, maybe Bush should visit Iraq and see for himself just how much progress we've made, and show our military men and women just how brave and courageous he truly is. True, it's not as grandiose as landing on an aircraft carrier in a borrowed flight suit, but it would really show the military that he's with them.

He's the leader of our Country, and to expect him to go into hostile territory is just absurd.

And you want to talk about "being with" our military? You should be the LAST person on earth that should be criticizing others for their support of our military! :rolleyes:

>> It has nothing to do partisan politics, but rather human greed and a lust for power.<<
(Can he get an amen from the congregation? )Amen !!!!brother Eric!!!
The thing you should find incredibly disquieting is that while,for example, shoplifting is universaly abhorred, political graft is acknowledged as part of daily life and is therefor not a source for righteous indignations. Hey, shoplifiting is common too, but we don't vote for shoplifters for president, do we?
>>In my book it is just not enough money. <<
The money for rebuilding Iraq is significant (look at this number $200,000,000,000.00, dude check out all them 0s', even I'm catchin' wood...brb)
:wank:
Ahem...
Though money is just one peice of the puzzle. What your seeing is the conjunction of a lot of groups who interests coincide in the PNAC agenda. Militarists, the oil industry, international corporations who want safe access to the markets in the middle east and beyond, to name a few.
9/11 opened the door for their agenda, Americans were scared and willing to do things to protect themselves that they would have considered preposterious the day before the WTC fell.

>>Between Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld & Tommy Franks they have collectively 92 years of military duty under their belt<<

Your cherrypicking. Between Bush, Cheney and Powell, they got Powell (but they don't listen to him). If you narrow it down to Bush, Cheney, they got an IOU to the Oklahoma National Gaurd.

>> What should have been done after the Deputy Defense Secretary was nearly blown up?<<
I'm sorry, I just stuck that one in because it makes me laugh, it's like a line out of a "Pink Panther" movie ("Mon Deiu !!!! Call inspector Clueso immediamon!!!!")

>> and to expect him to go into hostile territory is just absurd.<<

And that's just GWB told the army in 1968....

Your cherrypicking. Between Bush, Cheney and Powell, they got Powell (but they don't listen to him). If you narrow it down to Bush, Cheney, they got an IOU to the Oklahoma National Gaurd.

I wasn't "cherrypicking" at all. He made a blanket generalization about the entire administration, and I believe these 4 examples made his statement look foolish.

And that's just GWB told the army in 1968....

Can you please provide a link to show me when and where he exactly made these comments? :D

I don't think that matters anyway. He was talking about Bush and his support for the troops. Bush sure as hell has his faults, just like all his predecessors, but I don't see him as not being supportive. He was making it seem that since GW isn't visiting the front lines during these hostile times that it is somehow reflective of his support.

Hey Pumpkin this thread is about all the bad news from Iraq caused by the unjust war brought to us by the Deserter G.W.Bush
blaming Muslims should be another thread dont you think???

Originally posted by Dawoud
Hey Pumpkin this thread is about all the bad news from Iraq caused by the unjust war brought to us by the Deserter G.W.Bush
blaming Muslims should be another thread dont you think???

Ummm, YOU posted the article. Did you bother to read the entire article? Where exactly did it take place? Who all was involved? If I had to venture a guess, I would say it was Muslim militants responsible for some of the bombings as of late. Do we now need your permission to comment on an article you post?

>>Can you please provide a link to show me when and where he exactly made these comments? <<

:eek: Um...err...I'll get back to you on that one....
(LOL...IOU one, beware over-arching hyperbole.
:cof: wups, heres' one...)

>>Stinking Muslims at it again. <<

Care to site the study that confirms Islamic B.O. is in any way more odiferpous than Budhist B.O. ?

>>He was making it seem that since GW isn't visiting the front lines during these hostile times that it is somehow reflective of his support.<<

"Support the Troops" is one of those political banners like "Family Values", its' definition is extremely subjective and charged with emotion, as such it is a favorite of dogmatists and partisans of every stripe. A good indicator that someone has run out of facts to support their opinions is the implementation of such language.
Dawoud, as much as I enjoy his posts, is a dogmatist. Both sides have 'em, what you find difficult to deal with about him is that he is on our side. Think of dogmatist as the heavy artilery in the Ideological battle for America. They don't really see what thier shooting at, but they keep banging away. Like artillery, these guys can be very effective over time, examples that come to mind are the Camelot/John Kennedy myth and the "Reagan Won the Cold War" feary tale. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes harder to distinguish the truth.
Not to say Dawoud isn't telling the truth, he's telling a truth that he strongly beleives in. In that he is no different than anybody else who posts to this board.

It's not over yet!!! Wait, that's my Civil War line...

Seriously, though, there is no question that the Ramadan attacks were a big deal. Does this mean that we are in trouble? That the US is losing the peace in Iraq? I don't think you - or anyone -can make that call yet. If they can sustain this kind of campaign, then yes, we are losing momentum and need to figure out what's going on, and how to counter it. But I don't that they will be able to sustain it. Remember, this occurred on Day 1 of Ramadan, so most of the homicide bombers probably were inspired by a mix of religous fervor (sp?) along with anti-American anger. I seriously doubt that you will see such a coordinated attack again anytime soon.

I really hope your right about this and the attacks will lessen
But to my way of thinking our going into Iraq has created twice as many terrorists than before we invaded and occupied the country.
Its childish to expect these people to play "fair" in this fight they want to damage americas occupation of Iraq in any way they can and running off aid groups , and killing anyone seen as a colorabator is one big way to do this.
And foresure fighters are coming to Iraq from all over the Islamic world and many are highly trained fighters from 20 years or so of war in Afganastan these arnt kids with rocks these are men who want to win no matter what the cost.
Its a classic gorilla war now isnt it?

Originally posted by Dawoud
I really hope your right about this and the attacks will lessen
But to my way of thinking our going into Iraq has created twice as many terrorists than before we invaded and occupied the country.
Its childish to expect these people to play "fair" in this fight they want to damage americas occupation of Iraq in any way they can and running off aid groups , and killing anyone seen as a colorabator is one big way to do this.
And foresure fighters are coming to Iraq from all over the Islamic world and many are highly trained fighters from 20 years or so of war in Afganastan these arnt kids with rocks these are men who want to win no matter what the cost.
Its a classic gorilla war now isnt it?

Well... I don't think we've created terrorists, but we've sure given them a target: US troops and US interests in Iraq. Youa re right, it is turning into a guerilla war, but we have units that are adept in non-conventional tactics as well. So everyone who thinks that Iraq is going to be another Vietnam or Soviet Afghanistan is, IMO, going to be proven wrong.
I don't think it's going to be quick or easy. But I do think that America will succeed in allowing the Iraqi people to form their own government.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...28/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_mission_accomplished_1

Mr. Sforza and his aides had choreographed every aspect of the event, even down to the members of the Lincoln crew arrayed in coordinated shirt colors over Mr. Bush's right shoulder and the "Mission Accomplished" banner placed to perfectly capture the president and the celebratory two words in a single shot.

Scott Sforza, a former ABC producer who was hired by the Bush campaign in Austin, Tex., and who now works for Dan Bartlett, the White House communications director. Mr. Sforza created the White House "message of the day" backdrops and helped design the $250,000 set at the United States Central Command forward headquarters in Doha, Qatar, during the Iraq war.

>>No it isn't a classic gorilla war. These terrorists are hitting soft targets like the building that held the U.N. office and the Redcross.<<
Those are the tactics of a guerrilla. Hit the targets the enemy presents to you (soft targets) then melt into the civilian population. The idea is to get us to begin instituting collective punishment in an effort to get the non-combatants to turn over the active guerrilas. The problem is each punishment creates more guerrillas than you destroy.

Forum List

Back