What's next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?

What's next after Obama's Olympic Humiliation?

• Go back to school to learn how a real executive operates

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Talk to school kids, the younger the better

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Listen to his past speeches

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
To paraphrase Harry Reid, "Obama is a miserable failure." Yet, somehow, this is all Bush's fault.

Some really ARE blaming Bush. If it wasn't so funny, it'd be really SAD.

The corruption of the media is happening right before our very eyes and they wonder why we don't trust them? lol....

With this latest gaffe, Obama has shown himself to be a rank amateur with ZERO experience at anything but feeding at the public trough. He has no idea of power and prestige his office wields and consequently makes horrid decisions about when and where to wield that power. He makes inane comments about subjects that the POTUS should never even dignify. He is shockingly inept and a disgrace to the office. He really needs Clinton to coach him......

Nice idea...but I thought that was why he surrounded himself with Clintonistas? ;) :eusa_whistle:

You are quite right this is an incredible embarrassment for the Obama White House.

From here, you will see a weekend news cycle of downplaying the rebuke by the Olympics Committee, followed by an increasingly chaotic health care debate, and perhaps another surprise from Iran.

Perhaps the greatest loser of this affair has been the mainstream media - once again showing its blatant in-the-tank attitude toward Obama. The media was stunned at Obama's Olympics failure - they were running stories of how Michelle "stole the show" and how impressive was the President's plea to the committee, while at almost the same time, the committee was voting down Chicago in the first round.

Check out the CNN guy freaking out after the announcement...LOL

Chicago is OUT? Chicago is OUT? Bloody brilliant!

YouTube - Chicago Loses Olympic Bid; CNN Freaks Out: "WHAT!?"

But of course. The U.S. mainstream media should have been reporting nonstop about how wonderful it would be if either Japan or Brazil won. Huh?

Buy American stops at an Olympics bid in one of our own major cities?

Thought I loath Obama and everything he stands for I cringed when he embarrassed himself by flying to Denmark to beg them for the Olympics. It's a major, MAJOR embarrassment for America as a nation to have our President both get personally involved in a matter so trivial and then to get bitch slapped by nobodies.

Wha's a Community Organizer to do?

Why is it an embarressment?

Are you saying no president has ever campaigned for an Olympics to be held in a U.S. city?
no, none ever have
this was unprecedented

Thought I loath Obama and everything he stands for I cringed when he embarrassed himself by flying to Denmark to beg them for the Olympics. It's a major, MAJOR embarrassment for America as a nation to have our President both get personally involved in a matter so trivial and then to get bitch slapped by nobodies.

I'm not sure I agree with you on this.

One of the major reasons many news agencies cite for London winning the 2012 Olympics was Tony Blair personally showing up for the final voting process and lobbying some of the delegates. Chirac's remoteness and some of his silly remarks are also considered to have hindered the Paris bid. I'm sure Obama took these issues into account.

One wonders whether Obama was relying on being able to show up and sway the vote based purely on his speech and personal charisma, or whether he really got involved. Either way, it's a major blunder for him to get so visibly involved when there was, it appears, minimal support for the Chicago bid in the first place. His people should have known this - no politician can afford to fight battles that are already lost.

Either way, the US has had 2 relatively recent Olympics, whereas South America has had none.

Major embarrassment for America as a nation? If true, America needs thicker skin.

But it is certainly an embarrassment for Obama.

Are you saying no president has ever campaigned for an Olympics to be held in a U.S. city?
no, none ever have
this was unprecedented

You are Correct. At least not directly in front of the IOC.

Face it folks, Obama the egomaniac shit the bed. HE went to Copenhagen and talked about how wonderful HE was. How happy HE'd be if Chicago was picked. How happy HIS daughters would be. Well folks, HE shit the bed. HE is a bed shitter, no depends about it. :lol:

Maybe he didn't want to bribe the IOC like Salt Lake City did.

But, I must say, it's interesting to see fellow Americans cheer the U.S. loss of the Olympics....and why?

i'm not cheering it, but historically the host city takes a financial beating and needs to be bailed out by the taxpayers. overall, i think it's better to lose than win...

Not always. LA was a big money maker in 1984.

But, I don't recall this many Americans cheering the U.S. losing an Olympic bid ever before.....I wonder why.
they aren't cheering, they are LAUGHING at his ineptitude

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

No US President has ever personally attended an IOC meeting.

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Deal with it...

You sure do love yourself, don't you... Your statements are never profound enough to warrant bumping them up again.

There's nothing to "deal with." He went and he failed. So what? Maybe the next president will succeed. And <gasp> whatever would you do if it were a REPUBLICAN?!

Face it folks, Obama the egomaniac shit the bed. HE went to Copenhagen and talked about how wonderful HE was. How happy HE'd be if Chicago was picked. How happy HIS daughters would be. Well folks, HE shit the bed. HE is a bed shitter, no depends about it. :lol:

This is a Microcosm of his endeavours. It's always about HIM...but he has made an unprecidented effort to ask the world to forgive this country for their arrogance, and past arrogance.

Obama is really projecting himself. The IOC told him today to take a hike, and they weren't buying it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
i'm not cheering it, but historically the host city takes a financial beating and needs to be bailed out by the taxpayers. overall, i think it's better to lose than win...

But, I don't recall this many Americans cheering the U.S. losing an Olympic bid ever before.....I wonder why.

Yep.

So conservative pundits are rejoicing and the Drudge Report is blaring the headline: "THE EGO HAS LANDED WORLD REJECTS OBAMA: CHICAGO OUT IN FIRST ROUND." (talk about rampant exageration there).

It's an aggressive posture. But also, potentially, a risky one, not just because polling data showed that a vast majority of the country wanted America to host the games (though some were skeptical of the need for Obama to make a personal pitch). But also because it continues to produce the specter of conservatives bludgeoning the reputation of America's "second city."

.....Taken as a whole, however, the steady stream of Republican attacks raise as many questions about the GOP's strategy as they do about the president's. For starters: is it smart politics to argue that a major American city is unfit to host the Olympic games? More than one Democratic strategist has pointed out that, if Democrats had attacked George W. Bush for pushing Dallas as an Olympics host, they would immediately have been branded as unpatriotic.

Source: Conservatives Revel In Obama's Olympic Bid Failure[/quuote]

Funny, when NYC recently campaigned for the Olympics I think Mayor Mike Bloomberg went. I don't think that Bush went. That's how I remember it

Bush saved his energy for the partying in Bejing.

article-0-0237E35600000578-961_468x541.jpg

I don't understand the 'ineptitude" part. Can you please point out what it was HE did that torpedoed the U.S. bid? What HE did that shows that a viable, front-running bid went into the toilet?

I would hate to think that some people are reveling over the U.S.'s lose of an Olympics for silly reasons.

No US President has ever personally attended an IOC meeting.

Obama did.

Obama failed.

Deal with it...

You sure do love yourself, don't you... Your statements are never profound enough to warrant bumping them up again.

There's nothing to "deal with." He went and he failed. So what? Maybe the next president will succeed. And <gasp> whatever would you do if it were a REPUBLICAN?!

Be happy because the U.S. got another Olympics?

And begged? And said how his daughters would like to walk their house (Paid for by convicted felon Tony Rezko) to see the Olympics?

Begged or simply gave an impassioned speech promoting Chicago? Would you rather he have him give a half hearted...."if you guys feel like it maybe you'd consider Chicago" weeny speech?

Like to see some facts that Tony Rezko paid for their house.

I would've rather seen him stay home and work on something important. I'm sure there's something that needs attention on the home-front.

He can do just about everything from Air Force One that he can do from the White House, except walk the halls.

I don't understand the 'ineptitude" part. Can you please point out what it was HE did that torpedoed the U.S. bid? What HE did that shows that a viable, front-running bid went into the toilet?

I would hate to think that some people are reveling over the U.S.'s lose of an Olympics for silly reasons.
He didn't 'torpedo it.' He intervened in a bid that really didn't have the backing of the people of the state. He should have avoided this.

Don't get me wrong, I think Chicago is an awesome city, but it's very corrupt, in a state that is very corrupt. We cannot afford this, in spite of the Daley spin and the benefits that would have accrued to the Obama folks.

He didn't 'torpedo it.' He intervened in a bid that really didn't have the backing of the people of the state. He should have avoided this.

Don't get me wrong, I think Chicago is an awesome city, but it's very corrupt, in a state that is very corrupt. We cannot afford this, in spite of the Daley spin and the benefits that would have accrued to the Obama folks.
i thought it was also very interesting in them calling Chicago a "safe" city

I cheer it because Obama is an unmittigated assclown who only did this to help his stupid Chicago cronies make a buck, and now people are laughing in his face at his ineffectivness.

Really? I see the laughs and undermining of his attempt only coming from your camp. And it was entirely expected.

Why? Is pride in his hometown that bad a thing these days?

And Rio isn't corrupt?

(adding that apparently Chicago isn't corrupt enough...as we all saw with Salt Lake City...a little palm grease goes a long way with the IOC)

In conclusion, it's an interesting day when we get to see how far some are willing to go in order to see Obama even give the faint appearance of failing in an endeavor.

Next up....reveling in a terrorist attack during Obama's watch?

i thought it was also very interesting in them calling Chicago a "safe" city

Compared to Rio, most definitely so.

Forum List

Back