What year did "the parties switch sides?"

When did the "Parties Switch Sides"?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Whenever its convenient

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
I call them Americans.
Thank you. Now, what would normally educated people call the opposite of Progressive?

Gawd only knows what those who agree with you erroneously call it. I don't move in such drab, boorish social circles.
I recognize that your social circle is limited to those who think as you do.

An empty statement. You do not know me at all. You have not have a single clue about me other than what I post here.
And that impression is getting poorer each time you evade this very simple question: what is the opposite of progressive?

Hard to say when 99% of posters never had Latin, have no idea of the def of liberal.
Just spout knees news definitions

I call them Americans.
Thank you. Now, what would normally educated people call the opposite of Progressive?

Gawd only knows what those who agree with you erroneously call it. I don't move in such drab, boorish social circles.

An empty statement. You do not know me at all. You have not have a single clue about me other than what I post here.
And that impression is getting poorer each time you evade this very simple question: what is the opposite of progressive?

You asked for the political opposite. I gave the answer as I see it.

"I'm sorry Dave, but this conversation no longer has any meaning. Goodbye."

I selected 1965 simply because I recall it was around the era of the Civil Rights Bill which seemed to me the straw that broke the camel's back. Recall afterwards many southern Democrats switching parties.

Name the Democratic Party Senators and Congressmen who switched parties.

The first person to switch parties was Grow in 1856 the next change was Albert Watson in 1965 then no party changing until the 70’s. I thought there was supposed to be people changing parties like mad in the 60’s.

Strom Thurmond switch parties in 1964.

Because he couldn't get an endorsement from the Democrats.

Hard to say when 99% of posters never had Latin, have no idea of the def of liberal.

Res ipsa loquitur.

You asked for the political opposite. I gave the answer as I see it.

"I'm sorry Dave, but this conversation no longer has any meaning. Goodbye."
As Progressives are also Americans, your definition lacks, well, definition.

Res ipsa loquitur.
There was no accident to apply negligence to here. Perhaps an honest answer will carry the day for you.

Progressives keep trying to escape their racist past (present and future) by making the bizarre claim that the democrat party, the party of the KKK, southern slaves, the Tuskegee Experiments, a President who wouldn't shake the hand of Jesse Owens, the planned parenthood black eugenics party, the "I'll have them ******* voting democrat for the next 2 hundit (hundred with LBJ southern accent) years" party, were actually all done by Republicans because the "parties switched sides"

When did this happen or is this just another Progressive Goebbelesque Big Lie, like Sen Joe McCarthy using his House Unamerican Activities Committee to blacklist innocent Hollywood communists.

Frank this type of sophistry rarely convinces anyone who does not seek verification of an already closed mind.

History tells us that the 1948 General Election began the metamorphose of both parties. The passage of the Civil Right Act of 1964 was another part of the process as was the mind set of Gov's Wallace and Maddox, and Nixon's Southern Strategy.

Democrats who voted for the Dixiecrats in '48, later left the Democratic Party and drifted into The American Independent Party, and when Wallace lost became Republicans.

thus your effort to convince the reader that every Democrat from Truman to Obama was a racist and disregard the history of the civil rights movement.

Q. How did IKE fall on this thorny issue?

A. Eisenhower and the Little Rock Crisis

In Democrat mind they switched sides once it was no longer so popular to support slavery.

Initially they were furious that republicans freed their slaves.

Initially they were furious

they still are

and do everything possible to enslave them again

Res ipsa loquitur.
There was no accident to apply negligence to here. Perhaps an honest answer will carry the day for you.

Free Remedial Education for the Terminally Ignorant: Res ipsa loquitur translates as "The thing speaks for itself."

I call them Americans.

regressive.

I selected 1965 simply because I recall it was around the era of the Civil Rights Bill which seemed to me the straw that broke the camel's back. Recall afterwards many southern Democrats switching parties.

Name the Democratic Party Senators and Congressmen who switched parties.

The first person to switch parties was Grow in 1856 the next change was Albert Watson in 1965 then no party changing until the 70’s. I thought there was supposed to be people changing parties like mad in the 60’s.

Strom Thurmond switch parties in 1964.

Sorry, mine were only House members and not both. So, we are a two switched.

Progressives keep trying to escape their racist past (present and future) by making the bizarre claim that the democrat party, the party of the KKK, southern slaves, the Tuskegee Experiments, a President who wouldn't shake the hand of Jesse Owens, the planned parenthood black eugenics party, the "I'll have them ******* voting democrat for the next 2 hundit (hundred with LBJ southern accent) years" party, were actually all done by Republicans because the "parties switched sides"

When did this happen or is this just another Progressive Goebbelesque Big Lie, like Sen Joe McCarthy using his House Unamerican Activities Committee to blacklist innocent Hollywood communists.
Oh yea, it's a lie.

It's why Democrats were confederates and Nazi's before 1964 but somehow, it's Republicans who are confederates and Nazi's today.

Gee, how could that have happened?

Hey, superstar, show us which politicians switched! It isn't hard, is it! You people blow smoke up everyone's a**, and now it is time you put up, or shut up. May I suggest if you do NOT want to be embarrassed, you SHUT UP-)

You post a thread to announce your ignorance. Bizarre.

Its all true.

And you hitch a ride on the ignorance bus. Go SpeedRacer!

Keep up the propaganda there Joseff Goebbells-)

Frank this type of sophistry rarely convinces anyone who does not seek verification of an already closed mind.

History tells us that the 1948 General Election began the metamorphose of both parties. The passage of the Civil Right Act of 1964 was another part of the process as was the mind set of Gov's Wallace and Maddox, and Nixon's Southern Strategy.

Democrats who voted for the Dixiecrats in '48, later left the Democratic Party and drifted into The American Independent Party, and when Wallace lost became Republicans.

thus your effort to convince the reader that every Democrat from Truman to Obama was a racist and disregard the history of the civil rights movement.

It is easy, show us the POLITICIANS who switched from one side to the other. Shouldn't be hard-)

What you have is simple---------------> Those loving Demorats still doing there thing. They are RACISTS, always have been, always will!

You do realize that YOU are a bigot, right?

You post a thread to announce your ignorance. Bizarre.

Well it wasn’t as if it was a secret to start with.

Oh yea, it's a lie.

It's why Democrats were confederates and Nazi's before 1964 but somehow, it's Republicans who are confederates and Nazi's today.

Hey, superstar, show us which politicians switched! It isn't hard, is it! You people blow smoke up everyone's a**, and now it is time you put up, or shut up. May I suggest if you do NOT want to be embarrassed, you SHUT UP-)

Zell Miller

Oh yea, it's a lie.

Zell Miller

:auiqs.jpg:

You're not really here, are you.

Forum List

Back