What would you like the state to do?

What do I want the government to do?

let me make my own choices. Let me fail or succeed on my own merits. Allow me to govern myself instead of acting as if they know better how to live my life than I do.

We live in a society where consumers go for lower prices to make sure they have enough money to survive, the 2.2 million benefit? Lives bettered? Tell me more about those who lost their businesses, those who worked for those businesses who lost their jobs, the sweatshop workers, the factory workers who suffer to produce goods for walmart. Yeah, it's a monopoly when walmart can literally destroy an entire town due to its massive amount of wealth, and has the sweatshop workers in its pockets.
Walmart is not in biz to "destroy" towns but I'm getting a sense that we are closing in on the source of your hatred for Walmart and competition and capitalism.
Care to share the cause your personal pain and unrelenting hatred? Believe it or not, I have kids and grannies so I'm a good listener.
I have a hatred for all capitalists who rely on sweatshops :)

C'mon. You hate capitalism and all capitalists with a passion and your claim that Walmart is a monopoly is absolutely false. There is clearly something more than your disdain for sweatshop goods causing you to lie here. There's nobody following this thread anymore so fess up ... I won't rat you out.
What did Walmart do to you?
I hate capitalism yes, and I hate some capitalists, not all of them, and it is a monopoly... Yeah, their is nothing more, just my own studies.

Monopoly

noun, plural monopolies.
exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.
Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
the exclusive possession or control of something.
something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
a company or group that has such control.
the market condition that exists when there is only one seller.
(initial capital letter) a board game in which a player attempts to gain a monopoly of real estate by advancing around the board and purchasing property, acquiring capital by collecting rent from other players whose pieces land on that property.

Other than the board game, the definitions of monopoly all revolve around -exclusive- control of a market (thus the mono prefix, which pretty universally means one, as in only one company has access to this market).

Walmart is a department store chain. It is the largest of the department store chains, but certainly isn't the only one. You ever heard of Target? Fred Meyer? K Mart? Daiei? Is it my imagination, or are there department stores out there that aren't Walmart?

Such loose logic with anarcho-communists.
I never said it was just walmart, but many of those definitions do fit walmart and many other massive stores perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Actually, none of those definitions fits Walmart or any other department store. Because other, competing department stores exist, Walmart doesn't have exclusive control of a commodity or market, nor does it have enough sway to set prices. If it tried gouging, it's competitors would undercut the gouge prices and Walmart would quickly lose business to said competitors. Definition 1 debunked.

Walmart also doesn't have an exclusive privilege to carry out department store business. The mere fact that other department stores not owned by Walmart have access to the same markets as does Walmart proves this. Definition 2 debunked.

Walmart doesn't have exclusive control of anything. Granted, there's particular product lines sold exclusively at Walmart, just as some product lines sell only at Target, but there isn't any product type that you can only get from Walmart. Definition 3 debunked.

Walmart is a department store, which isn't a commodity exclusively controlled by any entity. As illustrated before, there are other owners of department stores aside from Walmart. Definition 4 debunked.

Walmart is not a company that has exclusive control of any commodity or service. There are many companies offering the same services and product types as Walmart. Definition 5 debunked.

Walmart is not a market condition at all, and doesn't exist in a single-seller environment. Again, there are competing department stores owned by entities unrelated to Walmart. Definition 6 debunked.

Lastly, Walmart is not a boardgame. 7 debunked. Lol.

Anyway, I must be missing something. WTF are you talking about?

Walmart is not in biz to "destroy" towns but I'm getting a sense that we are closing in on the source of your hatred for Walmart and competition and capitalism.
Care to share the cause your personal pain and unrelenting hatred? Believe it or not, I have kids and grannies so I'm a good listener.

C'mon. You hate capitalism and all capitalists with a passion and your claim that Walmart is a monopoly is absolutely false. There is clearly something more than your disdain for sweatshop goods causing you to lie here. There's nobody following this thread anymore so fess up ... I won't rat you out.
I hate capitalism yes, and I hate some capitalists, not all of them, and it is a monopoly... Yeah, their is nothing more, just my own studies.

Monopoly

noun, plural monopolies.
exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.
Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
the exclusive possession or control of something.
something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
a company or group that has such control.
the market condition that exists when there is only one seller.
(initial capital letter) a board game in which a player attempts to gain a monopoly of real estate by advancing around the board and purchasing property, acquiring capital by collecting rent from other players whose pieces land on that property.

Other than the board game, the definitions of monopoly all revolve around -exclusive- control of a market (thus the mono prefix, which pretty universally means one, as in only one company has access to this market).

Walmart is a department store chain. It is the largest of the department store chains, but certainly isn't the only one. You ever heard of Target? Fred Meyer? K Mart? Daiei? Is it my imagination, or are there department stores out there that aren't Walmart?

Such loose logic with anarcho-communists.
I never said it was just walmart, but many of those definitions do fit walmart and many other massive stores perfectly.

Actually, none of those definitions fits Walmart or any other department store. Because other, competing department stores exist, Walmart doesn't have exclusive control of a commodity or market, nor does it have enough sway to set prices. If it tried gouging, it's competitors would undercut the gouge prices and Walmart would quickly lose business to said competitors. Definition 1 debunked.

Walmart also doesn't have an exclusive privilege to carry out department store business. The mere fact that other department stores not owned by Walmart have access to the same markets as does Walmart proves this. Definition 2 debunked.

Walmart doesn't have exclusive control of anything. Granted, there's particular product lines sold exclusively at Walmart, just as some product lines sell only at Target, but there isn't any product type that you can only get from Walmart. Definition 3 debunked.

Walmart is a department store, which isn't a commodity exclusively controlled by any entity. As illustrated before, there are other owners of department stores aside from Walmart. Definition 4 debunked.

Walmart is not a company that has exclusive control of any commodity or service. There are many companies offering the same services and product types as Walmart. Definition 5 debunked.

Walmart is not a market condition at all, and doesn't exist in a single-seller environment. Again, there are competing department stores owned by entities unrelated to Walmart. Definition 6 debunked.

Lastly, Walmart is not a boardgame. 7 debunked. Lol.

Anyway, I must be missing something. WTF are you talking about?[/QUOTE]
If you want to get extremely literal about everything, then I agree.

We should already know what our States should accomplish to form a more perfect Union.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Walmart is not a company that has exclusive control of any commodity or service. There are many companies offering the same services and product types as Walmart.

It's good to see you admit you lied about Walmart being a monopoly. You might want to revisit many of your old posts and clean up your own mess.

The facts support that walmart is now a massive monopoly...
No, they don't. The fact remains you just pull your "facts" from your butt.
Yeah, you try to run a business next to a walmart that essentially has cheaper, exploited goods on everything.

Soooo, you are admitting you have no facts which support your mindless hate.
I'm not surprised.
As already noted, your "facts" seem to come directly from your bunghole.
Oh ... and "exploited goods?" Wow. Just wow.
I do have facts, thousands of articles, fuck, are you denying the prices are all lower?
Yeah, walmart loves sweatshops and cheap chinese toys.

Apparently that's what its millions of customers like.

We should already know what our States should accomplish to form a more perfect Union.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Too bad it didn't work out the way they planned.

Walmart is not a company that has exclusive control of any commodity or service. There are many companies offering the same services and product types as Walmart.

It's good to see you admit you lied about Walmart being a monopoly. You might want to revisit many of your old posts and clean up your own mess.
No, I don't use literal definitions when talking about a monopoly, if we did, a monopoly would never actually ever exist. Nah, you may need to though.

No one forces anyone to shop those lower prices at Walmart (and no, not all Walmart prices are lower) and not only do their 2.2 million employees benefit from their biz model, hundreds of millions more have their lives bettered by the values they enjoy. The fact is many people do not shop exclusively at Walmart because there are competitive options and more convenient or more pleasant places to shop. You do know what the term "monopoly" means, right Princess?
We live in a society where consumers go for lower prices to make sure they have enough money to survive, the 2.2 million benefit? Lives bettered? Tell me more about those who lost their businesses, those who worked for those businesses who lost their jobs, the sweatshop workers, the factory workers who suffer to produce goods for walmart. Yeah, it's a monopoly when walmart can literally destroy an entire town due to its massive amount of wealth, and has the sweatshop workers in its pockets.

I hate capitalism yes, and I hate some capitalists, not all of them, and it is a monopoly... Yeah, their is nothing more, just my own studies.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's definitely not a monopoly. I can easily think up one major competitor: Target. There are also many other stores that compete with Walmart on part of it's product line. For example, every grocery chain competes with Walmart on food items.

No, I don't use literal definitions when talking about a monopoly, if we did, a monopoly would never actually ever exist. Nah, you may need to though.

BINGO. In other words, you like to use meaningless words so you can bamboozle your audience. When you don't want to define your terms it's because you're a lying sack of shit.

BINGO. In other words, you like to use meaningless words so you can bamboozle your audience. When you don't want to define your terms it's because you're a lying sack of shit.
Nope, again, if monopoly was ever used literally, a monopoly would never exist.

Nope, it's definitely not a monopoly. I can easily think up one major competitor: Target. There are also many other stores that compete with Walmart on part of it's product line. For example, every grocery chain competes with Walmart on food items.

Marxist (the newly avowed anarcho-syndicalist) is now claiming he was taking literary license with the term "monopoly" and didn't mean it literally.
Riiiight.

Marxist (the newly avowed anarcho-syndicalist) is now claiming he was taking literary license with the term "monopoly" and didn't mean it literally.
Riiiight.
:gives:

Nope, again, if monopoly was ever used literally, a monopoly would never exist.

BS.
Nationalized industries all over the planet - often stolen from those who developed them - are absolutely monopolies.

Forum List

Back