What would you do?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
What would you do if you woke up tomorrow morning and it was against the law to own any type of a firearm?

Discuss.

Pennsylvania law states that if you buy a gun from a private citizen for cash it doesn't need to be registered, so how would they know you even have one?

(Actually, this is why we shouldn't register guns in the US boys and girls. Let that be a lesson to you all)

Self-loading firearms are banned by law in the UK. Some see that as a good thing, I say it's insanity.

Do you want to know what happened when the UK banned self-loading firearms? Gun crime escalated to a level we'd never thought possible.

But, that said, the US does have a rather bizarre attitude to firearms. You don't need an M16 to hunt Deer. As I've said before on this subject: automatic weapons should remain in the custody of the military, law enforcement and the security services i.e the C.I.A; not available to civilians on the open market.

Self-loading firearms are banned by law in the UK. Some see that as a good thing, I say it's insanity.

Do you want to know what happened when the UK banned self-loading firearms? Gun crime escalated to a level we'd never thought possible.

But, that said, the US does have a rather bizarre attitude to firearms. You don't need an M16 to hunt Deer. As I've said before on this subject: automatic weapons should remain in the custody of the military, law enforcement and the security services i.e the C.I.A; not available to civilians on the open market.

You never had the right to bear arms. We do.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

You have to have a license that is very difficult to obtain to own autos. I believe you can't even get them anymore, they are grandfathered.

You have to have a license that is very difficult to obtain to own autos.

Yes, I know. It's a $300 permit from the ATF. A neighbour of Mrs. Swagger's parents has one. Though thankfully he's of a sound mind, I hope.

You have to have a license that is very difficult to obtain to own autos. I believe you can't even get them anymore, they are grandfathered.

Difficult to attain? Not really, if you can afford a fully transferable class three weapon have BATF approved secure storage and pay the $200 tax stamp for each you can buy as many as you want.

It probably be like any other day for me. I have no problem with people owning guns, but I do not own one nor do I ever plan to own one. I am a klutz, if I owned one I would probably end up shooting myself. Plus I have seen bullet fragments taken out of my brother's face, because of that I never want one in my house.

What would you do if you woke up tomorrow morning and it was against the law to own any type of a firearm?

Discuss.

Do you really think criminals care about the law? Do you think law like that would make them give up their guns and or stop using them or carrying them?

All a law like that would do is make the criminals stronger and the law abiding citizens more vulnerable.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Well when they took away many guns in Austrailia and forced owners to keep what they were allowed to keep in triple combo safes, the crime rate shot up around 840%.

So based on that I would buy my first pistol, on the black market and prepare to defend my home around the clock.

I would sell back or whatever the 4 guns that I have that are registered in any way and keep the 20 or so I have in a hidden gun vault along with the few thousand rounds of ammo.

Interesting replies - everybody. I own a good number of firearms so I am pro-gun. Just wondering what the attitude of the peeps was. Again, thanks.

I am pro respnsible gun ownership. I do not support the NRA though since they became a political arm of the right.
When I was a kid they were different, more into gun safety and such.
I just dropped from a local hunting/gun club this year when they made NRA membership mandatory and started saying god bless our gun prayers at meetings.

Damn teabaggers would screw up a wet dream.

I am pro respnsible gun ownership. I do not support the NRA though since they became a political arm of the right.
When I was a kid they were different, more into gun safety and such.
I just dropped from a local hunting/gun club this year when they made NRA membership mandatory and started saying god bless our gun prayers at meetings.

Damn teabaggers would screw up a wet dream.

I do take issue with some of their positions on politics but again, they are the biggest representative organization of firearms owners in the country and have managed to not only preserve many of our 2nd amendment rights from over zealous anti-gun fear mongers they have managed to turn back the tide of illegal anti-gun legislation in many parts of the country.
Sounds like your local hunting/gun club needs an enema.

Forum List

Back