What would you do if you win

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by sitarro, Nov 17, 2005.

1. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    What would you guys do with the 120 million dollar payout in the 350 million dollar mega millions lottery. If taken in payment you get 8 million a year for 20 years.

I would go on a year long vacation to New Zealand after setting my immediate family up with their mortgages paid and their kids college funds filled. Then I would play the top 100 golf courses in the world a few times.

For fun I would go up to homeless people asleep under overpasses and change their lives by setting them up with jobs and a place to live.

Of course I would have to have the finest camera equipment and a Macintosh system that only someone with a couple of million in Apple stock could get.

I guess a convertible Aston Martin V-12 Vanquish would be nice to tool around in while throwing packets of 20 dollar bills at crowds downtown waiting for the bus.
    http://www.astonmartins.com/vanquish/v12_vanquish_NCE.htm

I would also create a college fund to sponsor free thinking young people with creativity that I, of course, would judge. In other words no backwards hat or shell necklace wearing, rap listening followers but individuals that refuse to copy their peers, that think different, that listen to jazz in high school and are ridiculed for it. Independent political thinkers also.

I would also buy a bunch of land in southwest Colorado and Utah and get an extreme make over so I could someday maybe get a date.

2. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    What if they listen to jazz and hip hop? :)

Besides all the usual answers of taking care of family and friends and what not, I would build a state-of-the-art listening room and experience the purest audio quality known to man. I would fill the adjoining room with the thousands and thousands of cd's and records that I've never had the resources to accumulate.

There are too many places that I wish to travel, but first on my list would be a nice, long vacation to the galapagos islands.

But most importantly, I would enjoy wearing my hat backwards, sitting down at a restaurant, and observing the look on people's faces when I leave a monstrous tip. I think there is no greater joy in the world then shattering someone's pre-conceived notions of who you are and what you are about.

That, and I'd buy some really tacky diamond-encrusted gold-spinners to put on my lawnmower.

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Buy some cheap beer in memory of the “good old days”, then change my phone number and vanish!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. The ClayTaurus

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man. Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money. Well, the kind of chicks that'd double up on me do...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Pay off mortgages for everyone in the family.

College fund for all the neices and nephews.

Would like to set up a trust to provide for the people the nobody knows about who needs help. Extreme Home Makeover is fine, etc...but what about the single mom of 3 who is working at the grocery story during the day and UPS at night trying to make ends meet while taking care of her kids? Maybe she needs a reliable automobile, or her rent paid for 6 months, etc. I'm not going to give her a bunch of cash and say see ya. But sometime small to help kick start or keep going.

Prowl through Walmart/Target/Kmart, etc over the holidays and around the start of school looking for families with carts full of stuff - but "look" like they can't really afford it. Those people are doing for their kids and not for themselves. Then when they check-out and get the total, I would give the cashier a couple of hundred dollars (or whatever) to put toward their total bill.

We actually did that for some of the Katrina victims up here that we would see in the grocery store.

And, of course, travel. Personally, I would want to see Ajax, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, and Real Madrid play soccer on successive weekends - while spending a week sight-seeing before and after each game.

6. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Slut!!! :)

7. The ClayTaurus

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    (it's from a movie)

8. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I would find out how many worthless PhD's I could earn in a lifetime, travel every break from 'school'....

9. The ClayTaurus

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Another good idea that I forgot... I would definitely invest in further educating myself.

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    The usual stuff first...pay off all my bills (including mortgages etc) and my kid's bills. Set up college funds for the grand kids and all that good stuff.

Do some travelling (in particular, Scotland). Buy a new and bigger boat.

Like some of you, I would look for some folks who needed a helping hand ... try to make sure they aren't habitual loosers, drug addicts, etc and then try to make life a little easier for them...all of course without them knowing who did it.

I would also set up some funds for starting/helping small businesses that I might find interesting.