What Would You Do If This Happened To You?

It sounds like you have a fantastic work environment.:tongue::tongue::tongue:
I imagine the owner is considering a move to Asia.
Clarksville. That's glassy eyed territory isn't it ?
A big army base, as I vaguely recall from my stint in the early seventies.:eusa_eh:

I work on that base for the government.

I suppose everyone from KY is a mouth-breather to you.

In todays world you have to take every threat seriously. Terrorism and assasination are part of our lives.

You have to investigate hundreds of potential threats to find one legitimate threat. That is what keeps us safe in a post 9-11 world
I would say that one has to take the default position that one is not joshing as a post-Columbine change, to be honest.

That's my thought too. After Columbine, you have to take everything seriously. I know on campus I'm a bit ansy once a student starts to get visibly agressive.

Nobody saw Columbine coming. However I'd like to point out that those kids were victims of teasing from the other kids. They seemed to think that Christians were at fault. I remember them asking every one of their victims if they where Christians before they shot them.

Wonder why they did that?

A few months ago an incident happened the facts of which I haven't fully discovered but the jist of it goes like this:

Some guy that works in one of our shops was talking about politics and let slip he wouldn't mind it if somebody shot Obama. Now this guy is white and pretty much an idiot. He's got a record of drug abuse and in my opinion he's just about the most worthless worker we have here.

So as usual he's talking smack and he lets it slip he'd like to see Obama dead. Unfortunately for him he chose to say this in front of the wrong person. A guy who I like personally and never have had a problem with. The guy just happens to be black. I'm not saying that's the primary reason, but for some reason he felt the need to report what Mr Worthless said to the authorities. Within days the FBI and the Secret Service were all up in his ass. I don't mind this because the guy is an idiot...but isn't this going too far?

Nah, I am not Obama fan, But we must protect the office. Nobody should be wishing any president dead.

In my lifetime, there have been two Presidents shot. Anyone that makes a statement like that in my presence, no matter what their politics are, or what the politics of the current president are, they will be reported. Just too many looney tunes out there that would make it a third president in my lifetime.

You are a whining bitch. If all a person says is that he would not mind something, why call the cops? That is not anywhere near as bad as saying if I shoot Reagan Jodie will like me. One is just something people say occasionally, the other is delusional.

A few months ago an incident happened the facts of which I haven't fully discovered but the jist of it goes like this:

Some guy that works in one of our shops was talking about politics and let slip he wouldn't mind it if somebody shot Obama. Now this guy is white and pretty much an idiot. He's got a record of drug abuse and in my opinion he's just about the most worthless worker we have here.

So as usual he's talking smack and he lets it slip he'd like to see Obama dead. Unfortunately for him he chose to say this in front of the wrong person. A guy who I like personally and never have had a problem with. The guy just happens to be black. I'm not saying that's the primary reason, but for some reason he felt the need to report what Mr Worthless said to the authorities. Within days the FBI and the Secret Service were all up in his ass. I don't mind this because the guy is an idiot...but isn't this going too far?

No.

It's a crime to make threats against the life of the president, irrespective of any present perceived ability to carry them out.

Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
18 U.S.C. Sec. 871(a).

About.com: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/871.shtml

That was not a threat.

In my lifetime, there have been two Presidents shot. Anyone that makes a statement like that in my presence, no matter what their politics are, or what the politics of the current president are, they will be reported. Just too many looney tunes out there that would make it a third president in my lifetime.

You are a whining bitch. If all a person says is that he would not mind something, why call the cops? That is not anywhere near as bad as saying if I shoot Reagan Jodie will like me. One is just something people say occasionally, the other is delusional.

The guy is an idiot for wanting it to happen.

Can you people just imagine what would happen to this country if Obama was assassinated.

Good god, you think we are divided now.

Not at all. This guy might may not be able to get close enough to the president, but perhaps he might find an Obama supporter would suffice. Let the cops deal with it. If there is nothing there, so be it. Too many crazies out there today.

I just hope he doesn't find out who snitched.

Wrong answer. Unless he made a SPECIFIC threat and had some even tiny chance of carrying it out it IS NOT a matter for the cops. I am free to say I wish someone were dead. Or that it would not bother me if someone got killed. Or even "it would not bother me if someone got assassinated". NONE of those statements are criminal acts. Nor are they suspicious or require Police investigation.

I would be suspicious the person who reported it to the authorities did not report it accurately. I would protect myself from being in any kind of situation in which I might be in some way vulnerable with this person.

Not at all. This guy might may not be able to get close enough to the president, but perhaps he might find an Obama supporter would suffice. Let the cops deal with it. If there is nothing there, so be it. Too many crazies out there today.

Wrong answer. Unless he made a SPECIFIC threat and had some even tiny chance of carrying it out it IS NOT a matter for the cops. I am free to say I wish someone were dead. Or that it would not bother me if someone got killed. Or even "it would not bother me if someone got assassinated". NONE of those statements are criminal acts. Nor are they suspicious or require Police investigation.

Who knows what actually got reported? Maybe the snitch said "a guy at work who has guns said he was going to shoot Obama." That would excite SS's attention.
I have two words for anyone who wants to see Obama dead: President Joe Biden.:lol:

No wonder the banks are failing, if all the Jews are as bad at math as you are.

libtards prob threatened Bush till the cows come home. Unless the dude had specific threats of "I want to kill Obama" the guy who rated him is a douchebag

This is not a Democrat/Republican issue. The rules have not changed. If you make an implied threat against the President, there is a chance you will be investigated.

He made no threat.

In todays world you have to take every threat seriously. Terrorism and assasination are part of our lives.

You have to investigate hundreds of potential threats to find one legitimate threat. That is what keeps us safe in a post 9-11 world

That is the difference between me and you. Neither of those is a part of my life.

Can you people just imagine what would happen to this country if Obama was assassinated.

The last thing I want to see is Obama shot, because I am not an idiot. That does not mean that someone saying he doesn't care if it happens justifies the taxpayer expense of an investigation, which is what happened here. I understand the desire of the Secret Service to investigate any and all threats, but that is simply way to expensive, not to mention counterproductive. Security is not obtained by chasing millions of false leads, it comes from an intelligent assessment of the risks.

Last edited:

Obama is counting on that. It's why he started screaming racism the moment he won the nomination.

No, as a matter of fact in the 80s, someone in a bar, yelled that someone should shoot Reagan and they imprisoned him.

It's been so long ago, I forget the exact details.

You can't threaten a sitting president. They will get you for that faster than you know what has happened.

So, if someone said that about Obama. No, I'm not surprised the Secret Service is climbing up his butt.

That's just a reality of life.

Devil's advocate: I wonder what those who defend the person's right to say what he thinks, would think if a loved one were killed by a person who made their wish for death prior to the act? And known sources kept the info private. Would they offer the same argument. Is stupidity always granted free speech rights when someone else's right may be mortally infringed.

No, as a matter of fact in the 80s, someone in a bar, yelled that someone should shoot Reagan and they imprisoned him.

It's been so long ago, I forget the exact details.

You can't threaten a sitting president. They will get you for that faster than you know what has happened.

So, if someone said that about Obama. No, I'm not surprised the Secret Service is climbing up his butt.

That's just a reality of life.

So we must bury common-sense and just do it, regardless of the circumstances?

This is not a black and white issue.

If the guy had said "I would like to see my wife dead"

Would you drop a dime on him?
I wonder what the apologists would say/do if, lets say an Arab/Muslim dude who's known to be so-called"anti-American" with his rhetoric said at work one day..."I wouldn't mind if someone bombed this building to Allah one day." I wonder if they'd still be so apologetic and sympathetic to him. Things that make me go hmmmmm.....!

libtards prob threatened Bush till the cows come home. Unless the dude had specific threats of "I want to kill Obama" the guy who rated him is a douchebag
Links?

Seems worthy of an investigation to me. I'm sure they won't find anything, but they will probably scare this guy's shit to liquid.
At the very least. I hope they dragged his ass out horizontally very roughly making sure his head slammed mistakenly slammed up against everything hard and solid in their path.

Obama is counting on that. It's why he started screaming racism the moment he won the nomination.
Something tells me that you share the same exact sentiments as the guy, xept you wouldn't have the balls to say it out loud and in public like he would.

The interesting thing about your story is that the dude felt the environment was safe enough to say such things. Very telling. Have a good day at work mud.

Last edited:
Liberals want more people in the jails they run, more money for government. I think a Democrat is a nuclear conservative, wants everyone in jail that opposes them. Most of the current laws were either authored or agreed too by Democrats, and why we have millions upon millions in jail, along with mandatory sentencing guidelines. In fact, over 70% control of the Senate, and over 78% control of the House since WWII where all of our federal laws come from. Never mind state laws, worse than that.

I have no idea why Democrats pretend they are against conservatives. They are nuclear conservatives of the goody two shoes variety. It's like Obama saying the health insurance industry were bad people, and then adding billions upon billions to their coffers.

That being said, the guy was an idiot, and deserved some questions.

" Richard Humphreys, happened to get into a harmless barside discussion with a truck driver. A bartender who overheard the conversation realized that Bush was scheduled to visit nearby Sioux Falls the next day, and he told police that Humphreys–who made a joke with a biblical reference–had talked about a "burning Bush" and the possibility of someone pouring a flammable liquid on Bush and lighting it. Humphreys was arrested for threatening the president.

"I said God might speak to the world through a burning Bush," he testified during his trial. "I had said that before and I thought it was funny."

Nevertheless, he was found guilty and sentenced to more than three years in prison. "

---------------------------

" A general store in Standish, Maine invited its customers to bet on a date when President-elect Barack Obama would be assassinated. The customers would bet $1 on a particular date, and if and when Barack Obama was actually assassinated, the winner would collect all the funds put up for bet. A sign outside the general store advertised, “Osama Obama Shotgun Pool.”

The sign was handwritten on an eraser board. It ended with, “Let’s hope someone wins.” AP journalists viewed the sign and confirmed its existence.

Hundreds gathered at a protest rally in Portland, Maine to denounce the store and to support Barack Obama after news of the controversial pool hit the maintsream media.

The sign has since been taken down and the owners of the store have refused to comment to the media. Local law enforcement officials have not pressed any charges"

Forum List

Back