What Would You Do If This Happened To You?

Devil's advocate: I wonder what those who defend the person's right to say what he thinks, would think if a loved one were killed by a person who made their wish for death prior to the act? And known sources kept the info private. Would they offer the same argument. Is stupidity always granted free speech rights when someone else's right may be mortally infringed.

They have a right to say what they want, and we do not have a right to lock them up for something that has not happened.

Devil's advocate: I wonder what those who defend the person's right to say what he thinks, would think if a loved one were killed by a person who made their wish for death prior to the act? And known sources kept the info private. Would they offer the same argument. Is stupidity always granted free speech rights when someone else's right may be mortally infringed.

They have a right to say what they want, and we do not have a right to lock them up for something that has not happened.

Unless the person spoken of is the president, vice president, etc. Then we DO have the right to lock them up.

Last edited:
Not at all. This guy might may not be able to get close enough to the president, but perhaps he might find an Obama supporter would suffice. Let the cops deal with it. If there is nothing there, so be it. Too many crazies out there today.

I just hope he doesn't find out who snitched.

Wrong answer. Unless he made a SPECIFIC threat and had some even tiny chance of carrying it out it IS NOT a matter for the cops. I am free to say I wish someone were dead. Or that it would not bother me if someone got killed. Or even "it would not bother me if someone got assassinated". NONE of those statements are criminal acts. Nor are they suspicious or require Police investigation.

The Secret Service obviously disagrees with your opinion of the matter. He might not have broken the law, but he sure as hell is going to get investigated.

They don't play around with that stuff, and I'd venture especially these days due to the fact that their are plenty of violent racists in this country.

At the very least. I hope they dragged his ass out horizontally very roughly making sure his head slammed mistakenly slammed up against everything hard and solid in their path.

You support police brutality? Why am I not surprised? What happened tot he days when liberals knew that cops were inherently violent and needed to be watched like hawks?

And they claim to be different from conservatives.

Unless the person spoken of is the president, vice president, etc. The we DO have the right to lock them up.

Actually, we do not. The government just insists they do, and no one has successfully challenged them yet. That does not mean we do not have the right, it just means the government can successfully ignore it.

Unless the person spoken of is the president, vice president, etc. Then we DO have the right to lock them up.

Actually, we do not. The government just insists they do, and no one has successfully challenged them yet. That does not mean we do not have the right, it just means the government can successfully ignore it.

I think this law would sail past constitutional muster if challenged, Quantum Windbag. I am no fan of restraints on free speech either, but the nation has a significant interest in controlling threats against the POTUS.

All I know is Obama rules. The man plays basketball and has dark skin.

If it was me I would have whipped out my CIA badge and arrested him on the spot. This man is a threat and threats to the President are serious business in my neck of the woods.

A few months ago an incident happened the facts of which I haven't fully discovered but the jist of it goes like this:

Some guy that works in one of our shops was talking about politics and let slip he wouldn't mind it if somebody shot Obama. Now this guy is white and pretty much an idiot. He's got a record of drug abuse and in my opinion he's just about the most worthless worker we have here.

So as usual he's talking smack and he lets it slip he'd like to see Obama dead. Unfortunately for him he chose to say this in front of the wrong person. A guy who I like personally and never have had a problem with. The guy just happens to be black. I'm not saying that's the primary reason, but for some reason he felt the need to report what Mr Worthless said to the authorities. Within days the FBI and the Secret Service were all up in his ass. I don't mind this because the guy is an idiot...but isn't this going too far?

You can't make comments like that and get away with it. It's very stupid. The problem is no one knows who is serious about it and who's not. Threatening the POTUS or anyone for that matter--is wrong and in my opinion should be reported to authorities.

Not at all. This guy might may not be able to get close enough to the president, but perhaps he might find an Obama supporter would suffice. Let the cops deal with it. If there is nothing there, so be it. Too many crazies out there today.

Wrong answer. Unless he made a SPECIFIC threat and had some even tiny chance of carrying it out it IS NOT a matter for the cops. I am free to say I wish someone were dead. Or that it would not bother me if someone got killed. Or even "it would not bother me if someone got assassinated". NONE of those statements are criminal acts. Nor are they suspicious or require Police investigation.

Bravo. I hope every day that he ventures too close to a book depository.

A few months ago an incident happened the facts of which I haven't fully discovered but the jist of it goes like this:

Some guy that works in one of our shops was talking about politics and let slip he wouldn't mind it if somebody shot Obama. Now this guy is white and pretty much an idiot. He's got a record of drug abuse and in my opinion he's just about the most worthless worker we have here.

So as usual he's talking smack and he lets it slip he'd like to see Obama dead. Unfortunately for him he chose to say this in front of the wrong person. A guy who I like personally and never have had a problem with. The guy just happens to be black. I'm not saying that's the primary reason, but for some reason he felt the need to report what Mr Worthless said to the authorities. Within days the FBI and the Secret Service were all up in his ass. I don't mind this because the guy is an idiot...but isn't this going too far?

You can't make comments like that and get away with it. It's very stupid. The problem is no one knows who is serious about it and who's not. Threatening the POTUS or anyone for that matter--is wrong and in my opinion should be reported to authorities.

Wrong. He made no threat. As a matter of fact, anyone who would be so cowardly and mean spirited to report a non-threat like that to police who have better things to do should get his ass whooped for wasting everyones time and entering extreme douchebag mode without regard to things such as the person's family, and so on. The point is, use your brain and be logical instead getting off at the chance to RUIN someone's life over a complete non-event.

Wrong. He made no threat. As a matter of fact, anyone who would be so cowardly and mean spirited to report a non-threat like that to police who have better things to do should get his ass whooped for wasting everyones time and entering extreme douchebag mode without regard to things such as the person's family, and so on. The point is, use your brain and be logical instead getting off at the chance to RUIN someone's life over a complete non-event.

The crucial fact here isn't that he got reported, but that the secret service felt it was worth pursuing. So, barring embellishment by the reporter, all of you who are saying that this was a "non-issue" are wrong. Obviously the secret service felt it was.

Furthermore, I think we can cut the histrionics. Getting a visit from the federalies doesn't equate to someone having their "life ruined".

All I know is Obama rules. The man plays basketball and has dark skin.

If it was me I would have whipped out my CIA badge and arrested him on the spot. This man is a threat and threats to the President are serious business in my neck of the woods.

CIA, sure. And if you are then you're a bad example of an American and a glowing example of a statist jackboot whose day is coming when this mess you call America finally blows up in your face. I can't wait.

The crucial fact here isn't that he got reported, but that the secret service felt it was worth pursuing. So, barring embellishment by the reporter, all of you who are saying that this was a "non-issue" are wrong. Obviously the secret service felt it was.

Furthermore, I think we can cut the histrionics. Getting a visit from the federalies doesn't equate to someone having their "life ruined".

Only if they get a conviction does it ruin one's life.

By default I believe they have to follow up, but as an American you don't have to say a thing much less let them in your house. Of course if you do just be honest and tell the truth or slam the door in their faces, your choice.

By default I believe they have to follow up, but as an American you don't have to say a thing much less let them in your house. Of course if you do just be honest and tell the truth or slam the door in their faces, your choice.

He wasn't even charged, let alone convicted. If he'd made an actual threat, it would be a different manner.

I really don't see the hysteria over this. We all know that the secret service takes any perceived threat against he president as very serious. Since they are the ones who jump in front of the bullets, I don't blame them.

Nah, I am not Obama fan, But we must protect the office. Nobody should be wishing any president dead.

Wishing is not the same as threatening. What is so hard to understand about this logic?

He wasn't even charged, let alone convicted. If he'd made an actual threat, it would be a different manner.

I really don't see the hysteria over this. We all know that the secret service takes any perceived threat against he president as very serious. Since they are the ones who jump in front of the bullets, I don't blame them.

You know if just one person hears said threat then it iamounts to no more than hearsay and I can't imagine the SS running house to house everytime some tries to even some score with a report of what he said she said. There has to be a filter somewhere in their process that would weed out the fact from the fiction before an investigation. Seems logical because why pursue a conviction based on flimsy evidence?

You know if just one person hears said threat then it iamounts to no more than hearsay and I can't imagine the SS running house to house everytime some tries to even some score with a report of what he said she said. There has to be a filter somewhere in their process that would weed out the fact from the fiction before an investigation. Seems logical because why pursue a conviction based on flimsy evidence?

You imagine wrong.

They take every threat seriously. The next time the President is in this guys neck of the woods, they will be watching him.

That's how they prevent assassinations.

They don't sit up there and flip a coin or consult a Ouija board on the matter. They don't have that luxury.

Who knows what actually got reported? Maybe the snitch said "a guy at work who has guns said he was going to shoot Obama." That would excite SS's attention.
I have two words for anyone who wants to see Obama dead: President Joe Biden.:lol:

That's three words Rabbi :lol: but it's a mouthful! I wouldn't employ "Aneurism Joe" at Home Depot, he was obviously Obama and his handlers idea of insurance.

Nah, I am not Obama fan, But we must protect the office. Nobody should be wishing any president dead.

I agree, I would never wish the President dead........ A really bad rash and a diagnosis of syphilis from his gay lover would be pretty funny though.:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back