What Would You Do If This Happened To You?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mudwhistle, Sep 28, 2010.

1. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,162
    A few months ago an incident happened the facts of which I haven't fully discovered but the jist of it goes like this:

Some guy that works in one of our shops was talking about politics and let slip he wouldn't mind it if somebody shot Obama. Now this guy is white and pretty much an idiot. He's got a record of drug abuse and in my opinion he's just about the most worthless worker we have here.

So as usual he's talking smack and he lets it slip he'd like to see Obama dead. Unfortunately for him he chose to say this in front of the wrong person. A guy who I like personally and never have had a problem with. The guy just happens to be black. I'm not saying that's the primary reason, but for some reason he felt the need to report what Mr Worthless said to the authorities. Within days the FBI and the Secret Service were all up in his ass. I don't mind this because the guy is an idiot...but isn't this going too far?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Not at all. This guy might may not be able to get close enough to the president, but perhaps he might find an Obama supporter would suffice. Let the cops deal with it. If there is nothing there, so be it. Too many crazies out there today.

I just hope he doesn't find out who snitched.

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Depends. Are either of them the guy who whines about me YIMing you during lunch? :lol:

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,927
    Wrong answer. Unless he made a SPECIFIC threat and had some even tiny chance of carrying it out it IS NOT a matter for the cops. I am free to say I wish someone were dead. Or that it would not bother me if someone got killed. Or even "it would not bother me if someone got assassinated". NONE of those statements are criminal acts. Nor are they suspicious or require Police investigation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,162
    Everyone knows who snitched.

I would assume the guy is just a blowhard because I've worked with him for years....but still...I would tell him personally what I thought about he said. The guy isn't part of any groups and doesn't have the loner type personality. He's just a dipshit with a big mouth. However, I would feel bad personally if anything I reported caused him to be in serious trouble.

6. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,162
    No...that's Jimmy. He whines about everything.

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    In that case, I think reporting the guy was a fraction 'over kill'. He should have just called him an idiot (because he is) and leave it at that. Wasting the time of the feds just to piss someone off is pathetic. I don't think for one second that the black guy actually thought the white guy was gonna take a shot at the POTUS so it was stupid.

Two stupids never equal one smart.

8. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Who knows what actually got reported? Maybe the snitch said "a guy at work who has guns said he was going to shoot Obama." That would excite SS's attention.
    I have two words for anyone who wants to see Obama dead: President Joe Biden.:lol:

9. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    I would have told the guy to put his money where his mouth is and do it himself otherwise shut the fuck up about it when I'm around.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  10. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,294
    In my lifetime, there have been two Presidents shot. Anyone that makes a statement like that in my presence, no matter what their politics are, or what the politics of the current president are, they will be reported. Just too many looney tunes out there that would make it a third president in my lifetime.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2