What would no do with $600 million?

$600,000,000?

For a couple years, I suppose I 'd go into ink-on-paper publishing.

Why only for a couple of years, you ask?

Well that's about how long I figure I'd have before the money ran out.

I would make sure that all my friends and relatives were taken care of so I could live the rest of my life guilt free.

That, and never fly commercial airlines again.

Is this just a Florida Powerball, or is it multi-State?

I was under the impression that Florida was not part of the multi-State Powerballs, because I used to have to drive up to Georgia to get one whenever they were huge like this.

Ive always said, if I won a big Lottery, one of the first things I'd do is buy that ugly old Shopping Mall down the street, bulldoze the sucker and put in a youth baseball facility!

When that was done I'd worry the rest of my life about being robbed!

I was under the impression that Florida was not part of the multi-State Powerballs, because I used to have to drive up to Georgia to get one whenever they were huge like this.

It's the Multi state. If no one wins tonight they project the next jackpot at one billion or more.

Ive always said, if I won a big Lottery, one of the first things I'd do is buy that ugly old Shopping Mall down the street, bulldoze the sucker and put in a youth baseball facility!

And get sued every time somebody stubbed a toe

And get sued every time somebody stubbed a toe

Not a problem!

Like I said, the rest of the time I would worry about getting robbed.

It's the Multi state. If no one wins tonight they project the next jackpot at one billion or more.

Dayumn! That would mean I would have to pay the idiot tax twice in one week!

I know people who play the lottery every week. I mean, seriously, that is the redneck retirement plan. But when it's this high, just knowing you have a 0.0000000000000000000000001 chance to win is better than a 0.0000000000000000000000000 chance. People lose their asses in the stock market all the time. A buck or two on the powerball isn't going to put me out on the street.

After taxes, you'd be lucky if you were left with $300,000,000.

They were talking about it on the news. $600,000,000 is the face value over many years. The cash option is around $365,000,000. Then you get taxed on that, figure that will wipe out half - so now you've got $180,000,000.

$1,000,000 at 5% rate of return is $50,000. So $20,000,000 in investments will return $1,000,000 per year.

I'd buy a cabin in Maine (for the summers) and a Condo in Arizona (for the winters). Invest $50,000,000 in secure investment. That would provide 1-million for living expenses and 1-million to travel 6 months a year first class. The remaining $130,000,000? Some would go to the kids and to take care of older relatives. The remaining would go into helping others cancer research, shelters, scholarships, and of course wounded warriors and their families would not be forgotten.

>>>>

'

I would fund a top-flight genetic engineering laboratory to develop a non-fatal virus which would render most of the human race sterile.

Forum List

Back