What would no do with $600 million?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
That's what the power ball is supposed to be up to by tonight. So, if you pay the idiot tax and buy a ticket you will have a shot. When it's that high I pay the idiot tax.

I've done my share of giving. Before I gave a dime to anything, I would have trusts set up so my children and I would never have to hit a lick at a snake again unless we wanted to. We have all worked our butts off!

With that kind of money you could buy tax free municipals and even at 2 or 3% you could live off the interest alone.

I would buy thousands of acres of land that no one could ever touch and build a house smack in the middle as far away from everyone as I could get

That's what the power ball is supposed to be up to by tonight. So, if you pay the idiot tax and buy a ticket you will have a shot. When it's that high I pay the idiot tax.

I've done my share of giving. Before I gave a dime to anything, I would have trusts set up so my children and I would never have to hit a lick at a snake again unless we wanted to. We have all worked our butts off!

I dont know how not to work. I'd just have more time to do it for me instead of somebody else.
Fixing up old cars, growing and preserving vegetables, being my own lawn man, genealogy.

The kids would'nt have to worry about how to pay for college, my wife could have a new car.

Last edited:
With that kind of money you could buy tax free municipals and even at 2 or 3% you could live off the interest alone.

I would buy thousands of acres of land that no one could ever touch and build a house smack in the middle as far away from everyone as I could get

And plant a border of bois d'arc, black locust, and pyrocantha around it

Amen.

And plant a border of bois d'arc, black locust, and pyrocantha around it

Ditto that to!

I'd put it into a family trust fund, and then invest for the future.

I'll let you know tomorrow what I plan on doing with the money. :)

While I would have a nice home, I'm not obsessed with having some mansion. I doubt I would see it very much, as I would be staying in places like the Times Square Marriott Marquis, the Paris Hilton (maybe both of them!), the London Four Seasons, etc.

I don't see myself buying expensive boats or cars.

I'll do whatever my new financial advisor tells me to do.

I'll do whatever my new financial advisor tells me to do.

The last last thing my financial advisor suggested was to buy heavily in Fannie Mae just before the collapse.

I do my own research and act upon it. Unfortunately I've nothing left use when I find something.

Me too! Most people confuse the annuity salesman for their financial advisor. He ain't.

After taxes, you'd be lucky if you were left with $300,000,000.

If you take it in cash rather than over 26 years, they cut it in half right away so it goes down to 300 million. Then they take taxes out of your half.

This kind of money is generational. You and your family will be enjoying it for generations to come.

Only a complete idiot could lose all that.

I would first buy myself a small cottage on a large parcel of land covered in trees, with a creek nearby and maybe a lake. Then I would put aside enough to live on for 10 or 20 years. I would donate a chunk to the ASPCA, then set up some kind of fund to assist small zoos, vets, animal rescue groups. I would give some to the local cancer foundation. I would buy real life and online friends a small home if they didn't have one. I would tuck enough aside to cover assistance for anyone who needed help.

Can't take it with me, so I would make sure what is left behind goes where it is needed the most.

I would first buy myself a small cottage on a large parcel of land covered in trees, with a creek nearby and maybe a lake. Then I would put aside enough to live on for 10 or 20 years. I would donate a chunk to the ASPCA, then set up some kind of fund to assist small zoos, vets, animal rescue groups. I would give some to the local cancer foundation. I would buy real life and online friends a small home if they didn't have one. I would tuck enough aside to cover assistance for anyone who needed help.

Can't take it with me, so I would make sure what is left behind goes where it is needed the most.

I quit my stressful job recently and now live in the scenario that you describe. I have a cottage, very small but lovely. It sits on a large property adjacent to the river. It is so incredibly green and the landscaping is so pretty. Millions of flowers..

My little allergies turned into really big ones suddenly though. :) I've been so sick for the past two weeks. Sore throat, chronic cough, stuff like that.

Meh, I Take the good with the bad. I imagine Thoreau waking up and feeling this peaceful everyday way back when.

Point being, you can have your dreams without actually waiting to win the lottery. Just tweak things a little.

Forum List

Back