What would no do with $600 million?

I'll do whatever my new financial advisor tells me to do.

The last last thing my financial advisor suggested was to buy heavily in Fannie Mae just before the collapse.

I do my own research and act upon it. Unfortunately I've nothing left use when I find something.

What you have left is exactly what most Americans are SUPPOSED to have left after ReagaNUTism runs its course creating a plutocracy from our formerly satisfactory republic.

Here is something for readers to consider: for folks with less than about $500k to invest, anyone not making the decision guiding the insider information they are giving you, advising you to do anything except diversify is trying to make money for themselves. What happens to you isn't an issue to them.

With that kind of money you could buy tax free municipals and even at 2 or 3% you could live off the interest alone.

I would buy thousands of acres of land that no one could ever touch and build a house smack in the middle as far away from everyone as I could get

At hundreds of acres instead of thousands of acres this is pretty much my lifestyle now although there is a job in the picture, so people with people problems are still a big part of life.

You could do a whole lot worse is my point.

Interesting fantasies.

First, no one would know. The ticket would be cashed through a trust or corporate shield.

Second, not much. With that kind of money I might actually retire and stay retired, but more likely I'd invest in local and regional businesses through the trust or foundation, then watch and see how these folks develop. Not much question I'd buy politicial influence in the area to get some changes made.

Another thing for sure: no one near me would know - or at least know in the short term. I once had major surgery with possible catastrophic consequences without telling any family members or even the woman living with me until it was over. This would be a walk in the park to keep to myself compared to that. And the reasons are identical: didn't then - and wouldn't now - want to listen to chatter about it.

Something else: apparently a fairly high pct of lottery winners are broke in ten years. All they had to do was buy treasuries or savings bonds and they fucked it up. There is a reason so much of money here and there has blood on it.

Last edited:
I would fund a top-flight genetic engineering laboratory to develop a non-fatal virus which would render most of the human race sterile.
Me too, but mine would be a bit more targeted.
Excellent idea, Poppy!!

I will include it in the research proposal.

And some people think that I am so vain that I don't value other people's good ideas !!

I would fund a top-flight genetic engineering laboratory to develop a non-fatal virus which would render most of the human race sterile.
Me too, but mine would be a bit more targeted.
Excellent idea, Poppy!!

I will include it in the research proposal.

And some people think that I am so vain that I don't value other people's good ideas !!

So then, if you win, you'll fund my research?

Excellent (placing little finger upside down to the corner of my mouth)

Forum List

Back