What would Judge Judy say?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Family faces 1M suit after their beagle is attacked killed

A woman whose four dogs killed a neighbor's beagle is suing the owners of the dead dog for $1 million.
Emerald White's three pit bulldogs and a pit-bull mix broke through the families' common fence Oct. 27 to attack the 10-year-old beagle named Bailey. White, who has since moved from the home and could not be reached for comment, said in her lawsuit that she was seriously injured trying to stop the attack and retrieve her dogs.
The suit contends that Bailey first tried to enter White's property through a hole in their fence, and her dogs chased the beagle back home.
Not long before the incident, Steve Baker said he had worked to replace parts of the current fence to make it more secure and safe for his dog and family.
Steve Baker thinks that his dog never went on the offense and that she was only trying to stay alive. He also believes that the lawsuit is retaliation for 16 citations that Galveston County Animal Control issued to White after the attack.

She would say, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Some people will sue for anything

There is always a sleazebag lawyer willing to help them

Watched a crazy show on playboy tv called sex court with judge julie. Sex complaints are the cases, and the judge rules in the end and always has them screw in middle of court in front of audience. Pretty entertaining.

She would say, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."
The outlaw of josey wales. Great movie!
515CJsj8ywL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU01_AA300_.jpg

The value of the dog and the anxiety of the family over losing a dog probably justifies the execution of the pit bull and a token amount that covers the Vet bills of the deceased dog for the last year of his life. Case closed.

I can tell you what she'd say. I've seen these cases before.

You can't collect on behalf of an animal.

I can tell you what she'd say. I've seen these cases before.

You can't collect on behalf of an animal.
They are not trying to collect on behalf of the animal

The owner of the pit bulls is suing for injuries in trying to stop her dogs

That would depend on the state and a lot of other circumstances. Lots of questions would need to be answered.

Was her dog on a leash?
Was the other dog on a leash?
Is there a leash law in this area?
Did this occur on public land or on her own property?
Did the dog in question have a history of attacking or was it a first time?
Did this lady provoke this dog to attack by her actions?
Did this dog feel cornered by the plaintiff and her dog?
Did the other dog owner have control of their dog up to the time of the attack?

I just went through litigation regarding someones dog attacking my own, so I'm very familiar with MY OWN STATES dog laws. But these are some of the questions that would come up.

That would depend on the state and a lot of other circumstances. Lots of questions would need to be answered.

Was her dog on a leash?
Was the other dog on a leash?
Is there a leash law in this area?
Did this occur on public land or on her own property?
Did the dog in question have a history of attacking or was it a first time?
Did this lady provoke this dog to attack by her actions?
Did this dog feel cornered by the plaintiff and her dog?
Did the other dog owner have control of their dog up to the time of the attack?

I just went through litigation regarding someones dog attacking my own, so I'm very familiar with MY OWN STATES dog laws. But these are some of the questions that would come up.

The pit bulls broke through a fence and were on the property of the Beagles owner.

I heard about this. Beagle owner should countersue for malicious prosecution or whatever. Pitbulls should be euthanized. Not all pits, just these since they're demonstratably savage. Owner fined massively and sued vigorously.

Forum List

Back