What will you believe if science recreates the beginings of life?

If science were to be able to create life, which it so far hasn't, it wouldn't affect my beliefs at all.

When scientists figured out how god created the web of life on this planet through evolution, it didn't affect my belief. Evolution is the means, god is t he motive. It is really quite simple. God and evolution are not at all contradictory concepts.

Obviously, life had to start somewhere. Maybe scientists can figure out how god did it, or maybe not.

Maybe god had to bring the first living organisms here from somewhere else. Maybe life has always existed. If so, so what?

You know, "god" is as good a hypothesis as anything else. I bet the scientists are working away there in their labs and institutions and they're just dealing with one issue at a time as they work. I'd put money on it that those scientists with religious beliefs and those without are all working away without wondering if their work will "prove" or "disprove" a supernatural creator, just getting the job done. They're probably happy letting everyone have their own hypotheses and just working on their own project which eventually may give us humans (more likely our descendants) a clue about the universe.

Last night on one of the documentary channels was a program on how stars are formed
and how they die using the technology provided by Hubble. In the program was the statement that all the building blocks of life are contained in these exploding stars and thus are scattered throughout the star systems. I think the writers wanted me to think that's how life on various plants can be formed.

All well and good, but it still brings me back to "first cause". How did the material get there in the first place - God.

Most times we concentrate on matter being formed into something larger, but what about the space, vault, room, that we call the universe. Take away all that's in it and we are still left with a really big empty space. How did that get here? In the beginning God created the heavens.....Genesis 1:1. (can't get any more beginning than that, suffer my levity)

I realize the bible story of creation was not the first on the block and that God is never explained, He's just there. But, to me it gets the story of God's relationship to and with man moving right along.

Regards,

Pat

Last edited:
Two eyes, two ears, a mouth, a nose. and an anus. we all have them, most life forms on earth have the same equipment. Placed in the same place. Wonder? Oh and don't forget the marvelous brain.

We used to look upward toward the sky, and ask each other:

"What was here before the Universe?"

My parents loved it ( usually we were in the car) because we were silent for a long time, pondering the question.

Two eyes, two ears, a mouth, a nose. and an anus. we all have them, most life forms on earth have the same equipment. Placed in the same place. Wonder? Oh and don't forget the marvelous brain.

A simple yet elegant acknowledgement of the evolutionary process.

Well done.

Last night on one of the documentary channels was a program on how stars are formed
and how they die using the technology provided by Hubble. In the program was the statement that all the building blocks of life are contained in these exploding stars and thus are scattered throughout the star systems. I think the writers wanted me to think that's how life on various plants can be formed.

All well and good, but it still brings me back to "first cause". How did the material get there in the first place - God.

Most times we concentrate on matter being formed into something larger, but what about the space, vault, room, that we call the universe. Take away all that's in it and we are still left with a really big empty space. How did that get here? In the beginning God created the heavens.....Genesis 1:1. (can't get any more beginning than that, suffer my levity)

I realize the bible story of creation was not the first on the block and that God is never explained, He's just there. But, to me it gets the story of God's relationship to and with man moving right along.

Regards,

Pat

Who created God?

How will it affect yours?

Not a lot. I was really sonedering what the various people with various beliefs would think.

I already believe that life was just a process of combining the differing possiblities through massive amounts of time.

The Universe just is. Its what exsists. No one made it , its just reality.

If it can happened randomly without an intelligent hand then the fact that a human can put the pieces together to speed the process does that make that human godlike?

Not a lot. I was really sonedering what the various people with various beliefs would think.

I already believe that life was just a process of combining the differing possiblities through massive amounts of time.

The Universe just is. Its what exsists. No one made it , its just reality.

If it can happened randomly without an intelligent hand then the fact that a human can put the pieces together to speed the process does that make that human godlike?

Who says it can happen randomly? I dont see how scientists doing it proves it can happen randomly.

Because the ingredients and conditions exsist all over the universe.

The scientist has just figured out putting then together creates spontaneous reaction.

Read the article.

Most life on our planet are bacteria which have none of those things.

Well, when I mentioned brain it should have given you a clue that I was talking about intelligent life. But remember, I gave you an exception to the rule! :lol::lol:

As much as it pains me I feel obligated to give credit where it is due, and if this discussion were a competition, DevNell would be kicking all your asses single handedly.

Allow me to repeat the most salient point: Whatever the results of this study, it would prove absolutely nothing about whether life could or could not have happened randomly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back