what will trump do about assad? keep supporting him or not

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
ust days ago, Donald Trump announced that the U.S. no longer had any problem with the regime of Syrian president, and Russian ally, Bashar Assad.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the U.S. approach was being driven by a new "reality" and that Assad's future had to be a decision for the Syrian people. Similar statements were made earlier by U.S. Cabinet members speaking in Ankara, London and at the United Nations.

Yes, Syrian people, like the thousands who died in Aleppo under withering artillery and constant bombing, will just have to vote Assad out at the next completely fair and free elections.

Now Assad has a nice thank you for Trump.

Airstrikes hit the city of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, giving off a "poisonous gas," according to Anas al-Diab, an activist with the Aleppo Media Center.

The casualties reportedly came as a result of asphyxiation caused by exposure to an unknown gas or chemical agent.

After a poison gas attack in 2013, President Obama went to congress with a request of military action against Syria. In response, Assad supposedly handed control of his chemical arsenal to his Russian allies. With Trump officially taking action against Assad off the table, the Syrian strongman apparently feels free to open up the gas vaults—or Putin did it for him.

The attack is seen as a test to the Trump regime. With Rex Tillerson missing in action, the State Department intentionally gutted, and a series of signals that the United States no longer puts the least value on human rights, authoritarian rulers every where are reading the signals that they are free to use whatever means they want to hold onto power.

Right now, hundreds of people in Syria are choking on an unknown chemical agent as part of Trump's test. And as a bonus question, there's now been an strike on the hospital where the gassing victims are being treated.

Trump announces U.S. won't go after Assad, Assad thanks him by gassing his own people

as this country falls apart with trump at the helm.....smh....n korea and assad test trump and his ability to lead the world....

Why is it our concern or place to tell Syria, or any other Muslim shithole, who their leader should be?

Obama got cute asked for regime change. Now we got anarchy and terrorism.

this is not an obama issue...trump is in the white house and being awesome and all... has he even tweeted about this?

I haven't come across anything that says that Assad is responsible. I read things like "if proved" etc. I would be really careful about that.

That said, probably shouldn't have instigated the shit. Unforgivable foreign policy.

I haven't come across anything that says that Assad is responsible. I read things like "if proved" etc. I would be really careful about that.

That said, probably shouldn't have instigated the shit. Unforgivable foreign policy.
Instead of helping to resolve the issue in Syria, Obama chose to take advantage of it. That is putting it mildly.

Instead of helping to resolve the issue in Syria, Obama chose to take advantage of it. That is putting it mildly.

Obama/Hillary wanted regime change. Probably should not have funded opposition groups.

This is almost insane. Our foreign policy has not changed in 100 years, save for the magical 8 years, and now it is......whoaa........back. People give a damn again.

Has anyone shown proof that Assad did this?
Could be the Russians?
Could be the rebels?

ust days ago, Donald Trump announced that the U.S. no longer had any problem with the regime of Syrian president, and Russian ally, Bashar Assad.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the U.S. approach was being driven by a new "reality" and that Assad's future had to be a decision for the Syrian people. Similar statements were made earlier by U.S. Cabinet members speaking in Ankara, London and at the United Nations.

Yes, Syrian people, like the thousands who died in Aleppo under withering artillery and constant bombing, will just have to vote Assad out at the next completely fair and free elections.

Now Assad has a nice thank you for Trump.

Airstrikes hit the city of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, giving off a "poisonous gas," according to Anas al-Diab, an activist with the Aleppo Media Center.

The casualties reportedly came as a result of asphyxiation caused by exposure to an unknown gas or chemical agent.

After a poison gas attack in 2013, President Obama went to congress with a request of military action against Syria. In response, Assad supposedly handed control of his chemical arsenal to his Russian allies. With Trump officially taking action against Assad off the table, the Syrian strongman apparently feels free to open up the gas vaults—or Putin did it for him.

The attack is seen as a test to the Trump regime. With Rex Tillerson missing in action, the State Department intentionally gutted, and a series of signals that the United States no longer puts the least value on human rights, authoritarian rulers every where are reading the signals that they are free to use whatever means they want to hold onto power.

Right now, hundreds of people in Syria are choking on an unknown chemical agent as part of Trump's test. And as a bonus question, there's now been an strike on the hospital where the gassing victims are being treated.

Trump announces U.S. won't go after Assad, Assad thanks him by gassing his own people

Ideally ... nothing.

The reason that place is as frakked up as it is today is nearly two decades of US intervention in the Levant.

Seal the borders and give everyone bigger guns and the noise will eventually stop.

Forum List

Back