What will low income people do for healthcare if they lose their Obamacare?

This is really a bottom-of-the-barrel post from you.

You're trying to equate hospitality to stealing from earners for the purpose of buying votes for Democrats????

Pleeeeeezzzzzz don't play dumb.

You do not have insurance do you or you are on your parents. I hope they do not allow people like you to go to the ER, they should have a name there of free loaders like you who try to use the ER like a doctors office because you have no assets to lose. Are you insured. Answer yes or no?

I'm independently wealthy.
Ever since I learned to spin straw into gold, those little inconveniences no longer held any interest for me.

I'm twenty foot tall & invented a machine that turens horseshit into gold bars.

You live in a 25 year old movbile home ion the trailer psark & wait for your monthly food stamps to arrive so yopu cabn sell them

Actually, I'm a goddess, you're a loser......and, as a hobby, I help you make a fool of yourself.
Any questions?
C'mon.....Rocks....set up those Liberal shibboleths and watch me knock 'em down!!!!

You can sure copy and paste. I suspect you are in HS and are on your parents HI. Perhaps on welfare.

1. "You can sure copy and paste."
And, what is your problem with a post constructed carefully and supported with links and quotes......other than the fact that you are unable to do the same?

2. "I suspect you are in HS..."
Trust me on this: you don't want to compare educational resumes with me.

3. "Perhaps on welfare."
My family is exceedingly wealthy....we have a petting zoo for folks who like animals.
And a heavy petting zoo for Democrats who realllllllly like animals.

Last edited:
You do not have insurance do you or you are on your parents. I hope they do not allow people like you to go to the ER, they should have a name there of free loaders like you who try to use the ER like a doctors office because you have no assets to lose. Are you insured. Answer yes or no?

Ever since I learned to spin straw into gold, those little inconveniences no longer held any interest for me.

You live in a 25 year old movbile home ion the trailer psark & wait for your monthly food stamps to arrive so yopu cabn sell them

Actually, I'm a goddess, you're a loser......and, as a hobby, I help you make a fool of yourself.
Any questions?
C'mon.....Rocks....set up those Liberal shibboleths and watch me knock 'em down!!!!

You can sure copy and paste. I suspect you are in HS and are on your parents HI. Perhaps on welfare.

And, what is your problem with a post constructed carefully and supported with links and quotes......other than the fact that you are unable to do the same.

3. "Perhaps on welfare."
My family is exceedingly wealthy....we have a petting zoo for folks who like animals.

No I do not have time to copy and paste so much, so your parents are wealthy, I'm sorry you sound like you are in HS.

Why do you use the ER as your Dr's office if your parent' are wealthy. Really a petting zoo, so you take care of the animals , goats and what have you?

Any questions?

And, what is your problem with a post constructed carefully and supported with links and quotes......other than the fact that you are unable to do the same.

3. "Perhaps on welfare."

No I do not have time to copy and paste so much, so your parents are wealthy, I'm sorry you sound like you are in HS.

Why do you use the ER as your Dr's office if your parent' are wealthy. Really a petting zoo, so you take care of the animals , goats and what have you?

"No I do not have time to copy and paste so much,..."

You meant to write 'ability,' ....

And....we are proud owners of the Nome (Alaska) to Rome (Italy) Intercontinental Railroad.

We use polar bears, that we've saved from Global Warming, as conductors.

Any questions?

3. "Perhaps on welfare."

Yup and the way she accuses everyone of being on welfare makes me believe that SHE'S the one on welfare. And she's been freeloading her whole life. Probably has loads of illegitimate kids too.

So, when obamacare fails and it wii. What will the pooor people do?
Oh BULL-SHIT.......Trump-Care is failing as we speak and Trump will not OWN up to TRUMP-CARE. Come on Trump you god dam coward! Own the fuck up to TRUMPCARE YOU SISSY.

What kind of an idiot are ewe! There is no Trumpcare! It has not been passed into law or even voted on. Obammie care is still the law of the land minus the mandate! But, even with the mandate it is a complete failure.

Any questions?

3. "Perhaps on welfare."

Yup and the way she accuses everyone of being on welfare makes me believe that SHE'S the one on welfare. And she's been freeloading her whole life. Probably has loads of illegitimate kids too.

Oh BULL-SHIT.......Trump-Care is failing as we speak and Trump will not OWN up to TRUMP-CARE. Come on Trump you god dam coward! Own the fuck up to TRUMPCARE YOU SISSY.

What kind of an idiot are ewe! There is no Trumpcare! It has not been passed into law or even voted on. Obammie care is still the law of the land minus the mandate! But, even with the mandate it is a complete failure.

Wait to you see the new mandate.

Any questions?

3. "Perhaps on welfare."

Wait to you see the new mandate.

Nah. You wait to see that there won't be one. LOL

Private health care has never worked anywhere in the world.

What a gloriously stupid statement.

You're a government school grad, huh?

Before the failed President signed his failed eponymous healthcare insurance scam:

"When we started this health care debate a year ago, 85 percent of the American people had health insurance, and 95 percent of the 85 percent were happy with it."
George Will on Sunday, February 21st, 2010 in a roundtable segment on ABC's This Week"
Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it PolitiFact

"Here's what we found, poll by poll, in reverse chronological order:

Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Quinnipiac University, June 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied.Total: 85 percent satisfaction.

ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied. Total: 95 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan." 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 91 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent. In all but one poll, the satisfaction level was below Will's stated level of 95 percent.

One poll, taken five months before Obama was inaugurated, did come up with 95 percent satisfaction. But alone among these eight polls, that survey asked participants about the "quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." While we decided that the wording was close enough to merit inclusion on our list, the modest difference in satisfaction levels may stem from the way the question was phrased. Many people feel more warmly toward their doctors than they do toward their insurers.

So, while one poll with unique wording pegged satisfaction at 95 percent, the average of all relevant polls over a two-year period was eight points lower than what Will cited. However, Will is correct that the levels of satisfaction with one's own health insurance are consistently high. Indeed, they're extraordinarily high, when one considers how rarely surveys find such high levels of agreement among Americans. Since Will portrayed the larger point accurately, even while modestly overstating the number, we rate his comment Mostly True."
Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it

It has worked quite well for me all of my life.
As long as you're content to pay double what it would be in a country with single payer.

OMG!

Where do they get this endless supply of morons???????

1. Universal Healthcare Around the World:

Italy: average wait for a mammogram is 70 days

“When you compare the outcomes for specific

diseases, the United States clearly outperforms

the rest of the world. Whether the disease

is cancer, pneumonia, heart disease, or

AIDS, the chances of a patient surviving are far

higher in the United States than in other countries.

The same is true for prescription drugs.

For example, 44 percent of Americans who

could benefit from statins, lipid-lowering

medication that reduces cholesterol and protects

against heart disease, take the drug.

That number seems low until compared with

the 26 percent of Germans, 23 percent of

Britons, and 17 percent of Italians who could

both benefit from the drug and receive it.”

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-613.pdf

In Great Britain, about 20% of patients with treatable colon cancer at the time of discovery are considered incurable by the time treatment is finally available.

Countries in which complementary or supplementary private health insurance policies are common include

Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United States (in

the case of Medicare programme beneficiaries).

In countries where private health insurance is available, governments often impose rules on what sort of

coverage is permissible. For example, Australia prohibits private insurance policies from covering the

ambulatory care co-payments required in the public programme. Canada prohibits private health insurers

from covering benefits included in the national plan.

The public-integrated model combines on-budget financing of health-care provision with hospital

providers that are part of the government sector.6 These systems, which merge the insurance and provision

functions, are organised and operated like any government department. Staff is generally paid on salary

(although, in some cases, doctors can have private patients as well) and they are most often public-sector

employees. Ambulatory doctors and other health-care professionals can be either public employees or

private contractors to the health-care authority, with a range of remuneration packages. Ensuring complete

population coverage is particularly easy under such systems, and as they are under the control of the

budget, the growth of overall costs has been contained more easily. However, they have weak incentives to

increase output, improve efficiency, or maintain quality and responsiveness to patient needs.

2. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE): tells Brits if their life is worth living- in actual dollars and cents. As the NYTimes states, its job is to develop “a standard method of rationing. NICE has decided that Britain, except in rare cases, can afford only £15,000, or about $22,750, to save six months of a citizen’s life.”
(British Balance Benefit vs. Cost of Latest Drugs)

So, the average one-bedroom apartment in Manhattan is worth way more than a Brits’ life!(www.tregny.com

So, it has concluded that if you have breast cancer, the drug Tykerb, shown to delay the progression of the disease, is worth more than you are “despite Glaxo’s offer to pay for the first 12 weeks of treatment.”

U.K. Says Tykerb Isn’t Worth Cost, Even With 12 Free Weeks

3. Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle praised NICE-type policies in his book about healthcare and advocated a ‘super board’ that would tell doctors how to treat you. This board would choose “what it will cover and how much it will pay.” Can you spell “NICE”? (Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis by Tom Daschle, Jeanne M. Lambrew, and Scott S. Greenberger (Hardcover - Feb 19, 2008) p. 158 BTW, Daschle was Barack Obama’s first choice as Sec’y of HHS.

4. The Bush Administration sent chief medical officer of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Dr. Sean Tunis to learn about NICE and try to adopt the processes and mechanisms they used, “and we just couldn’t…[use]price to determine which drugs or devices Medicare or Medicaid provides has provoked fierce protests.”
British Balance Benefit vs. Cost of Latest Drugs

What a gloriously stupid statement.

You're a government school grad, huh?

Before the failed President signed his failed eponymous healthcare insurance scam:

"When we started this health care debate a year ago, 85 percent of the American people had health insurance, and 95 percent of the 85 percent were happy with it."
George Will on Sunday, February 21st, 2010 in a roundtable segment on ABC's This Week"
Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it PolitiFact

"Here's what we found, poll by poll, in reverse chronological order:

Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Quinnipiac University, June 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied.Total: 85 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied. Total: 95 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan." 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 91 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent. In all but one poll, the satisfaction level was below Will's stated level of 95 percent.

One poll, taken five months before Obama was inaugurated, did come up with 95 percent satisfaction. But alone among these eight polls, that survey asked participants about the "quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." While we decided that the wording was close enough to merit inclusion on our list, the modest difference in satisfaction levels may stem from the way the question was phrased. Many people feel more warmly toward their doctors than they do toward their insurers.

So, while one poll with unique wording pegged satisfaction at 95 percent, the average of all relevant polls over a two-year period was eight points lower than what Will cited. However, Will is correct that the levels of satisfaction with one's own health insurance are consistently high. Indeed, they're extraordinarily high, when one considers how rarely surveys find such high levels of agreement among Americans. Since Will portrayed the larger point accurately, even while modestly overstating the number, we rate his comment Mostly True."
Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it
The problem, has not been about employer supplied health insurance, dumbass. Employees liked it. They still do.

The problem was with those whose employer did not supply it, those who were self employed, small companies with less than 10 employees, people who had to buy as individuals.

That is what the exchanges & subsidies were designed to solve.

Those buying insurance as individuals or as a small grouip had premiums rising 8-10% a t-year or more.

So next time, try a relevant poll.

It has worked quite well for me all of my life.
As long as you're content to pay double what it would be in a country with single payer.

Cato Institute? Really

1. Universal Healthcare Around the World:

Italy: average wait for a mammogram is 70 days

“When you compare the outcomes for specific

diseases, the United States clearly outperforms

the rest of the world. Whether the disease

is cancer, pneumonia, heart disease, or

AIDS, the chances of a patient surviving are far

higher in the United States than in other countries.

The same is true for prescription drugs.

For example, 44 percent of Americans who

could benefit from statins, lipid-lowering

medication that reduces cholesterol and protects

against heart disease, take the drug.

That number seems low until compared with

the 26 percent of Germans, 23 percent of

Britons, and 17 percent of Italians who could

both benefit from the drug and receive it.”

In Great Britain, about 20% of patients with treatable colon cancer at the time of discovery are considered incurable by the time treatment is finally available.

Countries in which complementary or supplementary private health insurance policies are common include

Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United States (in

the case of Medicare programme beneficiaries).

In countries where private health insurance is available, governments often impose rules on what sort of

coverage is permissible. For example, Australia prohibits private insurance policies from covering the

ambulatory care co-payments required in the public programme. Canada prohibits private health insurers

from covering benefits included in the national plan.

The public-integrated model combines on-budget financing of health-care provision with hospital

providers that are part of the government sector.6 These systems, which merge the insurance and provision

functions, are organised and operated like any government department. Staff is generally paid on salary

(although, in some cases, doctors can have private patients as well) and they are most often public-sector

employees. Ambulatory doctors and other health-care professionals can be either public employees or

private contractors to the health-care authority, with a range of remuneration packages. Ensuring complete

population coverage is particularly easy under such systems, and as they are under the control of the

budget, the growth of overall costs has been contained more easily. However, they have weak incentives to

increase output, improve efficiency, or maintain quality and responsiveness to patient needs.

2. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE): tells Brits if their life is worth living- in actual dollars and cents. As the NYTimes states, its job is to develop “a standard method of rationing. NICE has decided that Britain, except in rare cases, can afford only £15,000, or about $22,750, to save six months of a citizen’s life.”
(British Balance Benefit vs. Cost of Latest Drugs)

So, the average one-bedroom apartment in Manhattan is worth way more than a Brits’ life!(www.tregny.com

So, it has concluded that if you have breast cancer, the drug Tykerb, shown to delay the progression of the disease, is worth more than you are “despite Glaxo’s offer to pay for the first 12 weeks of treatment.”

U.K. Says Tykerb Isn’t Worth Cost, Even With 12 Free Weeks

3. Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle praised NICE-type policies in his book about healthcare and advocated a ‘super board’ that would tell doctors how to treat you. This board would choose “what it will cover and how much it will pay.” Can you spell “NICE”? (Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis by Tom Daschle, Jeanne M. Lambrew, and Scott S. Greenberger (Hardcover - Feb 19, 2008) p. 158 BTW, Daschle was Barack Obama’s first choice as Sec’y of HHS.

4. The Bush Administration sent chief medical officer of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Dr. Sean Tunis to learn about NICE and try to adopt the processes and mechanisms they used, “and we just couldn’t…[use]price to determine which drugs or devices Medicare or Medicaid provides has provoked fierce protests.”
British Balance Benefit vs. Cost of Latest Drugs
I quit reading at Cato Institute.

Yup and no other country has the amount of people the US has.
^^
ignorance

Nope. Fact.
What difference does population make?

The more people, the more cost. No other country approached the 300 million in America.
The more people using it & more people paying into it.

Single Payer. The best option. Medicare for all.

Forum List

Back