What will it take to break the will of the American leftist movement?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin's Governor Scott Walker did it. When he was first elected, the protests broke out all over Madison. When he passed Act 10 that destroyed the public sector's union power, the leftists occupied the capitol building, made death threats to public officials and their families, committed assaults and vandalism, and just went ape shit in general.

Then they tried to recall him, but their recall movement failed. Then they brought up a Mueller-style "investigation" called the "John Doe Investigation" but after a couple years, it also fizzled out. After all this, the left seems to have retreated into a state of resignation. They're still around but gone are the protests we saw back in 2010.

We are seeing the same unruly behavior today, but on a national scale. How long do you think before Trump finally breaks the balls of the left-wingers and they just give up?

Trump has set the country on a new path and demolished decades of carefully crafted propaganda from the DC establishment and media, its pretty amazing.

Commies never give up.

Mostly true. But in Wisconsin, they seem to have given up. A lot of their funding has dried up here and even Hillary didn't come here when she was campaigning.

I think that at some point, they'll just come to the realization that there's nothing they can say or do that will change anything.

Speaking solely as someone who has worked a couple of general elections and numerous local and state elections, I can say with absolute certainty that the will of this generation to finish something goes only so far as the next reality show if they aren't led.

Most younger people naturally want to be led. Most younger people prefer to be led, and will let you lead them, so long as they agree with what you're encouraging them to participate in, in some remedial way. Without leadership, however, most in the younger generation become stagnant, underinformed, couch potatoes. The scope of their contribution to politics and government relegated to nothing more than voting. Assuming they even do that.

That scene at the Supreme Court today was one example of that. It was literally a couple of bus loads of people. Someone sent them there, clearly. Some organization likely sent them there. It wasn't natural revolution. The fact that only a small handful of likely paid protesters showed up is reflective of the lack of interest in the younger liberal generation to do anything meaningful. When Bernie got screwed they literally gave up. That was natural what they did when Bernie ran, and they did good, the ywere well organized and technologically sophisticated, regardless of whether anyone agrees with their political positions or solutions. But they fizzled after the screwjob. Their bubble literally burst. It's a downer, for sure.

Last edited:
Commies never give up.

Mostly true. But in Wisconsin, they seem to have given up. A lot of their funding has dried up here and even Hillary didn't come here when she was campaigning.

I think that at some point, they'll just come to the realization that there's nothing they can say or do that will change anything.
Been to Madison and/or Milwaukee lately?...Believe me, the southern part of the state is crawling with them...And all the refugees from Illinois aren't helping.

Commies never give up.

Been to Madison and/or Milwaukee lately?...Believe me, the southern part of the state is crawling with them...And all the refugees from Illinois aren't helping.

True, they are all over Madison an Milwaukee. But they seem to be alot less organized for some reason. We went to Viroqua for their city-wide rummage sales yesterday. That town is ate up with trust-fund hippies and the overall mood among them seemed to be pretty glum, almost resigned.

Maybe it was the Kavanaugh confirmation. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back