What will happen if we do what Repubs want and Deregulate Business'

Sure, monopolies are going to give you a choice. :cuckoo:

Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
Bertrand Russell

How is keeping what you've earned "tyranny?"

Kaz, heres a question. If a company has the most kick ass product ever but to make this product they are destroying the land and environment in, lets just say, West Virginia. Do you think the American people will stop buying the product because a few thousand West Virginians are getting sick?

Who's land are they destroying? If it doesn't belong to them, then the owners can sue or even have the officers arrested.

I assume you're referring to coal mining. No one is getting sick from mining coal. Some land is being altered, but it belongs to the mine owners. How do you propose to get minerals out of the ground without altering the land?

You put waaaay too much trust in the public, if that is the case. And that scenario can be replayed over and over until it's on your doorstep or shit gets soooo fucked up in sooo many different areas that the american people will come together *snicker* to fight for *snicker* a common cause *LOL*

No, it can't be "played over and over." It's bullshit. Property owners don't necessarily damage their property.

Because in society there are rules.

You're begging the question. What gives government the authority to tell me how to run my business?

The government has the authority by simply allowing you to have that business in the first place. The government has every right to regulate your business to ensure said business will serve to benefit the State, and in turn the peoples of that State.

Oops, do forgive me, but I spoke like the fascist I am. Alas, everything I said above is correct. You seek to benefit from others, but you do not wish others to benefit from you. Hmmm, what arrogance, what sheer greed, what utter failure.

Did you lose your meds again? Tomorrow, you better make an appointment first thing in the morning.

Sure, monopolies are going to give you a choice. :cuckoo:

Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
Bertrand Russell

How is keeping what you've earned "tyranny?"

Hey keep it all....but please, do not use any roads, public hospitals, or take advantage of any service offered by the public sector....Have a nice time trying to get sewage workers out to fix your public pipes when they break...

Last edited:
Besides worker abuse and tearing up the environment around these business'? Something has to be good and pretty dam honorable to be left alone and trusted to do the right thing, but business is not about doing the right thing, its about doing the profitable thing.

Not saying all regulations are a good thing, but hell, are we supposed to drop regulations and hope / pray that corporations will treat our land and workers the way society wants them too.

Now Thats a faith based ideology if there ever was one.
"Les Miserables"

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Courfeyrac:
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!

When tomorrow comes!

Will you give all you can give
So that our banner may advance
Some will fall and some will live
Will you stand up and take your chance?
The blood of the martyrs
Will water the meadows of France!

When tomorrow comes!
History has shown time and time again that power, without an effective system of checks and balances, becomes its own worst enemy.

When the average citizen, who provides the foundation for any society, finally loses all faith and respect for its leaders and institutions, it is only a matter of time before they are challenged - and that a forced "transition of power" is usually not a pretty sight.

The recent cascading political and social turmoil in the Middle East and North Africa spreading from one nation to another and another has demonstrated that no society, where the leadership is seriously out-of-step with its people, is exempt.

Despite all its democratic "window dressing," America is slowly falling into this same old pattern where more and more a society's economic and political power continues to be quietly shifted into the hands of fewer and fewer people - all in name of capitalism.

Without an even more effective system of checks and balances than currently exists, the greater the control of the elite, the greater the cynicism and alienation of the average citizen and the more difficult it becomes to reconcile this growing imbalance of power between the two - in a peaceful manner.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back