What was that again?

Poor thing. It would get things done. If that is a good thing is debatable. Two different ideas.

While I have no desire for either side to have total control, it would be sweet to see your sorry asses squirm for awhile.

As usual, no thought involved, just idiotic ramblings, You admit you would gladly cut off your nose to spite your face. Idiot.

And yet none of that is because of Congress. By the way all the Repubs said about the Economy was that IF you are going to claim the President is responsible for it, then the Conditions in 2001 were because of Clinton, NOT Bush.

i thought it was because of tech companies failing to actually deliver on the high expectations and artifically inflated stock prices which created the stock bubble and burst, and that this blocked other companies from accessing capital to expand their operations; many companies also overproduced expecting growth to continue even though unemployment rates were rising. companies didnt adjust their sales forcasts and ended up with too much inventory and production capacity. they then cut production and jobs which created a ripple effect throughout the economy. greenspan threatened to raise interest rates in 1996 to reduce spending and keep the stock bubble from becoming too big, but caved to public pressure and did nothing. so i thought business' behaving irrationally and greenspan not raising rates was to blame. boy, guess i was wrong. shouldve realized that everything that happens is the presidents fault.

damn partisanship

try reading an entire post allie. then take off the repub goggles. do you really think the right enjoys being told their wrong? that they dont make stuff up? im not saying the dems dont do it. im saying both parties do. if you cant admit that the repubs act in the same way youre complaining the dems do, then i know that no amount of information or debating will change your mind. unquestioned loyalty is something i hate. it takes thinking out of the equation.

REad my post again. You're falling into the leftoid trap of making vague accusations after being faced with specific, true charges.

That tactic is no longer as successful as it once was. People have figured it out. But if you're a true lefty, you'll leave it in the play book, anyway, because you just don't believe you can be bested.

Ravi doesn't think, she is a good little mindless Liberal follower. What ever she is told is good by them is, what ever she is told is bad, is. Read some of her crap in the threads she has posted in. NONE of it involves thinking, it is all about how she "feels" things should be.

when people becoming too ingrained in following their party, thats when they blindly follow. happens on both sides, and it makes actual debating inpossible. people just get angry and yell, roll their eyes, make sarcastic comments, talk down to someone. they lose sight of what needs to be done, and instead want to prove the other side wrong. its rediculous

i thought it was because of tech companies failing to actually deliver on the high expectations and artifically inflated stock prices which created the stock bubble and burst, and that this blocked other companies from accessing capital to expand their operations; many companies also overproduced expecting growth to continue even though unemployment rates were rising. companies didnt adjust their sales forcasts and ended up with too much inventory and production capacity. they then cut production and jobs which created a ripple effect throughout the economy. greenspan threatened to raise interest rates in 1996 to reduce spending and keep the stock bubble from becoming too big, but caved to public pressure and did nothing. so i thought business' behaving irrationally and greenspan not raising rates was to blame. boy, guess i was wrong. shouldve realized that everything that happens is the presidents fault.

damn partisanship

You obviously didn't read what I posted. Personally I do not believe the President has much to do at all with the economy. Never has, never will. It is not even his Job. As for Greenspan, remind me who appointed him? Or maybe the right comment would be who kept him? 1996 was the end of Clinton's first term. Remind me when Clinton fired Greenspan?

It's also ridiculous when, in the name of "fairness" you see only gray and refuse to see any black or right, or register when one person is guilty and another innocent.

It's the old smudging of the lines. There are degrees, and the left is notorious for this behavior. When they learned that everyone was recognizing that, they started up with the "but they do it TOOOOOOOOO" mantra.

You obviously didn't read what I posted. Personally I do not believe the President has much to do at all with the economy. Never has, never will. It is not even his Job. As for Greenspan, remind me who appointed him? Or maybe the right comment would be who kept him? 1996 was the end of Clinton's first term. Remind me when Clinton fired Greenspan?

actually, i was agreeing with you. neither clinton nor bush caused the recession. it was a wide variety of things which brought it about.

It's also ridiculous when, in the name of "fairness" you see only gray and refuse to see any black or right, or register when one person is guilty and another innocent.

It's the old smudging of the lines. There are degrees, and the left is notorious for this behavior. When they learned that everyone was recognizing that, they started up with the "but they do it TOOOOOOOOO" mantra.

i do see black and white. it's in cases like these where people are blaming the other party while thinking theirs is perfect that upsets me. both sides use dirty politics, and that is what i despise

i do see black and white. it's in cases like these where people are blaming the other party while thinking theirs is perfect that upsets me. both sides use dirty politics, and that is what i despise

I was using "you" figuratively.

Neither side is perfect, of course. But I despise the refusal to address the issue within your own party because the other party has done the same thing at some point.

I wonder what the outcome of a poll would have been if they'd polled people who could name two or more bills recnetly passed by Congress?

My guess would be that more than 90% of the public at large doesn't have a clue what Congress has done in the last year.

So their view of Congress is likely more just a vote on the state of the nation, than anything truly meaningful.

Their lives suck because the economy sucks, ergo it must be the result of Congress and the POTUS.

They're not entirely wrong even if they are entirely ignorant, of course.

I can get behind this.

You think republicans were bad, wait till you get that super dem congress, we will be taxed till we bleed and the deficit won't go down at all. We will lose control of health care and Social Security will become draconian.

You want bigger Government, more Big Brother crap from the Government? You can rest assured if Congress goes Liberal you will get that in SPADES.

You think things are bad now, wait till the dems run the show completely with no check on their ignorance.

I got lots of bullets for when the Government tries to take over. I just wonder if the next 4 years will be the death Knell.

OMFG.. boo.. you dumbass redneck... bush has already proven that more government doesnt work... what we need is more efficient government...

Please people, The poll question is about the Current Congress, not Bush. It is funny as hell that Dems want to blame their own 9% rating on bush or Republicans. Wake up fools, the American people hate the DEM controlled congress even more than Bush, and that is pretty damn sad.

Oh and as far as Bills? this congress has done almost NOTHING at all in 2 years of being in power. Stop blaming Republicans for Democrat mistakes.

Bush has the veto pen dumbass.. bush is the reason congress is being stymied...

It doesn't matter. Bigotry can be against people because of their geographical location, their race, or their beliefs.

...You want bigger Government, more Big Brother crap from the Government? You can rest assured if Congress goes Liberal you will get that in SPADES.

Your comments never cease to amaze retired...

Under republican houses and senate how big has government grown... How much more power does "big brother" have... do you even understand the term "Big Brother"... god you truely are the biggest idiot on this site... and that my friend is a tough thing to accomplish.. kudos...

Your comments never cease to amaze retired...

Under republican houses and senate how big has government grown... How much more power does "big brother" have... do you even understand the term "Big Brother"... god you truely are the biggest idiot on this site... and that my friend is a tough thing to accomplish.. kudos...

There's nothing wrong with calling ignorance or racism what they are. It isn't bigotry to do so.

It always amuses me when the people who whine about bigger government are ok with it only when government is in our bedrooms... or churches.... or bodies.... oh wait! That's right... regulating drugs, ok. regulating alcohol, not. regulating seatbelts, not ok; regulating smoking, not.

Weird.

Forum List

Back