What type of computer do you use?

Dell XFR D630 running Vector Linux 6.0......at the moment.
I'm outside and it's starting to rain.It stays outside.

Inside I run a home built server with Debian Lenny and a Macbook currently running Mint is for the guests.

Hate to admit it but I have 5 computers... All are HP except for the MacBook Pro 17 inch laptop that I am using now. I wish the other four would all die so I could justify buying a new iMac 27 inch desktop computer. Everytime I say anything about getting either a new computer or a new camera the wife clears her throat, gives me "the look" and leaves the room. I wish I would have been smart enough to have bought the Mac first. I would have never bought the others if I had of done that. Mac rules.

my moms basement where I do my posting...

Would you like to play a Game?

Attachments

• $Wargames_View_at_NORAD.jpg
    $Wargames_View_at_NORAD.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 95
Boy, does that picture bring back memories.

TRS-80, Model 3. 125k (that's k) memory, no hard drive. TRSDOS operating system on a 5-1/4" floppy. My first computer.

Went from that to an Epson QX-10. Beautiful hardware and major improvement in monitor quality but no major tech advances over the TRS-80.

Next was a PC 286. From there I've had every new incarnation up to Millenium and Vista. I let them pass. I now have a 98, a 98SE, an XP desktop and a 7 laptop. I keep the two old 98s because they have files on them that I don't know how to transfer.

I am still a computer dummy who is absolutely helpless and dependent on my fifteen year old granddaughter or a $60 per hour Geek when something goes wrong.

The advancements in computer technology since 1981 are amazing.

Boy, does that picture bring back memories.

TRS-80, Model 3. 125k (that's k) memory, no hard drive. TRSDOS operating system on a 5-1/4" floppy. My first computer.

Went from that to an Epson QX-10. Beautiful hardware and major improvement in monitor quality but no major tech advances over the TRS-80.

Next was a PC 286. From there I've had every new incarnation up to Millenium and Vista. I let them pass. I now have a 98, a 98SE, an XP desktop and a 7 laptop. I keep the two old 98s because they have files on them that I don't know how to transfer.

I am still a computer dummy who is absolutely helpless and dependent on my fifteen year old granddaughter or a $60 per hour Geek when something goes wrong.

The advancements in computer technology since 1981 are amazing.

I know, I thought it was the bomb back then. I had written so many programs on it that we used in our business that I could not let it go. Finally after years of loyal service a big flash & smoke poured out & it was over. That was the last complete computer I have purchased. I have built all of mine since then & they are smokin' fast & completely upgradeable. Once I go to a I-Phone or Google's Android my ability to do that will end. I am probably going to get one of these 4 months from now when I switch all of my phone & internet services.

Forum List

Back