What to watch for to confirm that the Establishment is Comfortable with Rand Paul as President

While the warmongers will evidently never be fully satisfied with Rand, we'll see how the rest of the establishment feels.
Probably no Republican has ever attained major office by running as an isolationist and a blame-America-Firster.
Your meaningless buzzwords aside, none of those critiques apply to Rand in the least. The worst that can be said from your perspective, and I believe Jennifer Rubin has made this point, is that you don't believe Rand is sincere. Frankly, I'd say that's a valid criticism given his willingness to switch his position and deny past positions, but he's always compromised away from non-interventionist positions rather than towards them. So to say that he would run as a non-interventionist is to completely misread the situation.
He has a history of shunning world involvement. Those are his true colors.
So then your complaint is that he is insincere, you won't have any argument from me on that point, rather than your previous contention that he would run a campaign based on a non-interventionist foreign policy. Regardless, this doesn't change the fact that he is one of the most popular potential candidates at the moment, and that he is likely to run. The only question remaining is will the establishment support him or do everything in their power to suppress him like they did his father.
No, my complaint is he is a blame America firster and a proponent of running away. I dont know how he'll campaign but that's what he is, thats what his record shows.
Meaningless nonsense, of course, but it boils down to exactly what I said.

Forum List

Back