What to do with enough Natural Gas to heat 500,000 homes?

R

rdean

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) -- A Fargo Democrat has introduced arguably the toughest legislation to date aimed at curbing the oil industry's practice of burning and wasting natural gas as an unwanted byproduct of oil production.

Sen. Tim Mathern's bill hits the oil industry in its pocketbook by cutting out an easily acquired waiver that allows companies to claim an economic hardship of connecting a well to a natural gas pipeline. The amount of natural gas burned off each day in eastern North Dakota's oil patch could heat more than 500,000 homes, Mathern said.

ND Bill Cuts Exemption For Wasting Natural Gas | News | Manufacturing.net

This simply demonstates why Government has to step in and protect us from business. The big money is in oil so they throw away one resource in a move to get that greed going. Get as much money as possible. Get that oil money. Forget they are throwing away millions. It won't last forever. We can't just burn it off to make a faster buck today.

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) -- A Fargo Democrat has introduced arguably the toughest legislation to date aimed at curbing the oil industry's practice of burning and wasting natural gas as an unwanted byproduct of oil production.

Sen. Tim Mathern's bill hits the oil industry in its pocketbook by cutting out an easily acquired waiver that allows companies to claim an economic hardship of connecting a well to a natural gas pipeline. The amount of natural gas burned off each day in eastern North Dakota's oil patch could heat more than 500,000 homes, Mathern said.

ND Bill Cuts Exemption For Wasting Natural Gas | News | Manufacturing.net

This simply demonstates why Government has to step in and protect us from business. The big money is in oil so they throw away one resource in a move to get that greed going. Get as much money as possible. Get that oil money. Forget they are throwing away millions. It won't last forever. We can't just burn it off to make a faster buck today.

The amount of natural gas burned off each day in eastern North Dakota's oil patch could heat more than 500,000 homes, Mathern said.

Mathern should buy it.

This simply demonstates why Government has to step in and protect us from business.

Protect us from business? LOL!
What is business doing to harm us?

We can't just burn it off to make a faster buck today.

We? I didn't realize you were an oil driller.

According to the story, industry has already spent $4 billion on infrastructure to capture and move the natural gas to market. And why doesn't the state kick in, since they'll be making millions in royalties and taxes as a result?

But where there are businesses involved in making a profit... rdean to the rescue!

It won't last forever.

thats what libturds said in the first energy crisis in 1973, and that was before SUVs, China, India, Brazil, and all the huge new discoveries in the USA Canada and Brazil!!

Always listen to a liberal!!

More than one-third of the gas produced in North Dakota is burned off as a byproduct of the state's escalating oil production, compared to less than 1 percent in oil fields nationwide.

The amount of natural gas that's torched and wasted daily by drillers in North Dakota's oil patch also is costing the state millions of dollars annually in lost revenue, Mathern said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at these right wingers. They might as well be saying, "Let's rape the country for everything we can for just a few dollars more".

In August, Xcel Energy Inc., XEL +0.29% based in Minneapolis, notified regulators it wants to close a coal-burning plant in Boulder, Colo., and convert four units at its Cherokee plant in Denver to burn natural gas instead of coal. Xcel says the changes would cost the company $1.3 billion but still would be $225 million cheaper than installing pollution-control equipment on the aging coal units.

Power Companies Burn Less Coal, More Natural Gas - WSJ.com

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what they should be doing. Natural gas is cheaper and cleaner than coal. And there is the worry we are running out of capacity. But these right wingers seem to be saying, "fuck it, who cares? We need to get more money into the pockets of these oil producers. Who cares if they rape the country and waste it's resources?

So government just made gas prices go up more, fucking the poor, and rdean is happy this happened b/c he thinks a company won't do everything it can to increase profits.

wow

You're the Michael Jordan of morons. Born with deep natural talent and worked longer and harder than anyone else to be the best moron ever to troll the internet

More than one-third of the gas produced in North Dakota is burned off as a byproduct of the state's escalating oil production, compared to less than 1 percent in oil fields nationwide.

The amount of natural gas that's torched and wasted daily by drillers in North Dakota's oil patch also is costing the state millions of dollars annually in lost revenue, Mathern said.

Look at these right wingers. They might as well be saying, "Let's rape the country for everything we can for just a few dollars more".

In August, Xcel Energy Inc., XEL +0.29% based in Minneapolis, notified regulators it wants to close a coal-burning plant in Boulder, Colo., and convert four units at its Cherokee plant in Denver to burn natural gas instead of coal. Xcel says the changes would cost the company $1.3 billion but still would be $225 million cheaper than installing pollution-control equipment on the aging coal units.

That's what they should be doing. Natural gas is cheaper and cleaner than coal. And there is the worry we are running out of capacity. But these right wingers seem to be saying, "fuck it, who cares? We need to get more money into the pockets of these oil producers. Who cares if they rape the country and waste it's resources?

Read your own quoted article... they're working on it, and making advances but at a tremendous cost. While left wingers bitch and moan of the injustices of unshared wealth and "wasted" resources.

Oil companies reinvest most of their profits back into doing what they do.

This is private enterprise and commerce happening, le deano. Something with which you're obviously unfamiliar.

It's the market driven forces that are turning power plants from coal to nat gas. You should be thankful that any gas is being flared at all. Flared gas means liquids production. States are making far more on liquids produced than gas flared. It more than makes up for it.

Read your own quoted article... they're working on it, and making advances but at a tremendous cost. While left wingers bitch and moan of the injustices of unshared wealth and "wasted" resources.

Oil companies reinvest most of their profits back into doing what they do.

This is private enterprise and commerce happening, le deano. Something with which you're obviously unfamiliar.

It's the market driven forces that are turning power plants from coal to nat gas. You should be thankful that any gas is being flared at all. Flared gas means liquids production. States are making far more on liquids produced than gas flared. It more than makes up for it.

he doesn't care, he just read that government is sticking to big evul oil and vomited his joy upon us w/o any concern for the results of what was done, or all the facts

rdeanie, I've drilled many holes in the ground during my career. None with success. At the cost of hundreds of thousands of Amelican Dolla.

So far.

And you know what? I'm going to keep punchin' dirt, despite your rabid disdain for my way of life and my pursuit of profit at the risk of failure.

The pursuit of profit at the risk of failure. Sounds good dunnit?

Sounds a lot more good than Obama dollars chasing failrure.

You keep on dreaming Obama rainbows, I'll keep chasing my American dreams of earned dollars spent on risked dollars.

My stakes are high, but you're just high. On Obama dreams.

rdeanie, I've drilled many holes in the ground during my career. None with success. At the cost of hundreds of thousands of Amelican Dolla.

So far.

And you know what? I'm going to keep punchin' dirt, despite your rabid disdain for my way of life and my pursuit of profit at the risk of failure.

You keep on dreaming Obama rainbows, I'll keep chasing my American dreams of earned dollars spent on risked dollars.

These guys found so much success, they are just burning it away. When there are people who could use it. There goes our future, up in smoke. Who cares? Not the right.

cheaper than coal?
Why would the power company care about that thjey just pass the fuel surcharge on to the consumer. Makes their sales look better and raises their stock prices.

So far.

These guys found so much success, they are just burning it away. When there are people who could use it. There goes our future, up in smoke. Who cares? Not the right.

It's taken me a while (yeah I'm a slow learner), but I'm convinced that you are stupid for the sake of stupid. Simple one-dimensional narrowly focused... stupid.

So far.

It's taken me a while (yeah I'm a slow learner), but I'm convinced that you are stupid for the sake of stupid. Simple one-dimensional narrowly focused... stupid.

yes Deany is the slowest of the liberals and that my friend is very very slow!!

The Left feels that energy companies should just give their product away for the good of humanity.

give?

OUR national natural resources are SOLD to us instead of paying these blood suckers the capture and refining fees they should earn, and you suggest that they give US anything? jesushchristonapopsicklestick, but you are one stupidmotherfucker.

Forum List

Back