What to do about Georgia?

Georgia resident here - the federal taxes paid by Georgia residents gives them the right to expect a reasonable return.

We help fund FEMA - So it's FEMA's duty to help. If they don't want to help - fine. But don't take the money and then refuse the help. Just send the money back to us.

I thought they were in a "Historic Drought?" One day they have too little water and the next day they have too much water. Hmm? Sounds fishy to me. Probably just trying to soak the American Tax Payer as usual. Watched the Weather Channel a few months ago and they were Fear Mongering away about the horrible drought Georgia was living through. This is why you can't listen to the Global Warming nutballs anymore either. They fear Monger over anything relating to Weather to advance their warped agenda. Can't even watch the Weather Channel at this point. So which is it Georgia?...Do you have too much water or not enough? Get back to us on that one ok?

Last edited:
Georgia resident here - the federal taxes paid by Georgia residents gives them the right to expect a reasonable return.

We help fund FEMA - So it's FEMA's duty to help. If they don't want to help - fine. But don't take the money and then refuse the help. Just send the money back to us.

Its not that Georgia doesn't deserve help. Its that Georgia voted to exclude themselves from Federal programs that are not in strict compliance with the Constitution.

Georgia needs to set an example for the rest of the country and reject any outside aid.

Its not that Georgia doesn't deserve help. Its that Georgia voted to exclude themselves from Federal programs that are not in strict compliance with the Constitution.

Georgia needs to set an example for the rest of the country and reject any outside aid.

Maybe they would if they didn't have to pay the federal kitty. Until that happens they can expect on a return of their investment.

I still can't get a straight answer from anyone in Georgia. Are they suffering from terrible drought or too much water? A few months ago they were claiming to be suffering from terrible drought. Now they're whining about too much water? Haven't they figured out a way to collect the rain water and use it for irrigation and other uses? My God,they knew how to do this thousands and thousands of years ago. I guess i'm just tired of Fear Mongering and Whining. So many just want to soak the American Tax Payer and the Global Warming nutballs just want to fear monger over anything related to weather. One day we're all gonna die from massive drought and then the next day we're all gonna die from too much water. You just can't win with these thieves and wackos. :(

I still can't get a straight answer from anyone in Georgia. Are they suffering from terrible drought or too much water? A few months ago they were claiming to be suffering from terrible drought. Now they're whining about too much water? Haven't they figured out a way to collect the rain water and use it for irrigation and other uses? My God,they knew how to do this thousands and thousands of years ago. I guess i'm just tired of Fear Mongering and Whining. So many just want to soak the American Tax Payer and the Global Warming nutballs just want to fear monger over anything related to weather. One day we're all gonna die from massive drought and then the next day we're all gonna die from too much water. You just can't win with these thieves and wackos. :(

The only wacko in this thread would appear to be you. This is Mother Earth, and weather is weather, and sometimes she KILLS. Maybe you should climb back into your little space capsule and return to Uranus.

They do have adequate health care.

You are refering to health insurance.

I have a feeling you did it on purpose.

Shame
If you do not have Health Insurance, you can't GET the adequate health care, so this statement is false.

So is Georgia still suffering from terrible Drought or not? Sounds to me like some just want to soak the Tax Payer again. Between these kinds of thieves and the Global Warming nutballs,you just don't know who to believe on matters of weather at this point. I had to actually stop watching the Weather Channel because of their constant stream of Fear Mongering over "Global Warming." Just turn em all off and you'll be a lot happier in the end.

And I think VaYank has a very valid point.

Red States in general have been paying the smallest share in taxes per capita and have been receiving the lion's share of Federal Funding per Capita for decades.

Here you have a Red State that is a perfect example of the above, and has a population that apparently not only doesn't believe in any sort of federal assistance, but doesn't believe they should be governed by the Federal Government.

I say let Georgia rely on the Church for assistance. Screw em.

Red States in general have been paying the smallest share in taxes per capita and have been receiving the lion's share of Federal Funding per Capita for decades.

Here you have a Red State that is a perfect example of the above, and has a population that apparently not only doesn't believe in any sort of federal assistance, but doesn't believe they should be governed by the Federal Government.

You really are this dumb, huh? It really sounds like a civil war from your end. :cuckoo:

You really are this dumb, huh? It really sounds like a civil war from your end. :cuckoo:

No, I'm not, I'm making a logical point.

That way, when Georgians (or proxies for Georgians) argue the point, they will be forced to admit that sometimes federal assistance is warranted.

And if it is warranted in a situation that helps them, then they would be hypocrites to suggest it is not warranted in another situation that helps someone else.

Which is in fact the point of this thread I imagine. :eusa_angel:

Look ...Georgia has received several military bases and Interstate Highways for their federal taxes. Why should we have to pay because some Georgians have water in their basements? That is what PRIVATE insurance is for. If they wasted their money on pickups and shotguns and didn't save any money for flood insurance, why is that my problem?

Like I asked before..

How can we be sure that this federal assistance won't go to illegal aliens?
Until we can be 100% sure that illegal aliens will not receive flood assistance, Georgia should not receive a cent

Oddly enough, flood insurance is a public option.........private insurers won't touch it.

They do have adequate health care.

You are refering to health insurance.

I have a feeling you did it on purpose.

Shame
If you do not have Health Insurance, you can't GET the adequate health care, so this statement is false.

Bullshit.

Complete bullshit.

Take your lies somewhere else. I'm not interested.

STEEL, do you NOT understand the difference between healthcare and health insurance? If you do, then do you ALSO understand how one is completely dependent on the other?

Bullshit.

Complete bullshit.

STEEL, do you NOT understand the difference between healthcare and health insurance? If you do, then do you ALSO understand how one is completely dependent on the other?

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate and argue that without health insurance there are still times when one can get adequate healthcare. Uninsured patients can still get stitched up if they need it in the emergency room, for example.

It's just that the options are severely limited and, depending upon circumstances, a hell of a lot more expensive.

Bullshit.

Complete bullshit.

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate and argue that without health insurance there are still times when one can get adequate healthcare. Uninsured patients can still get stitched up if they need it in the emergency room, for example.

It's just that the options are severely limited and, depending upon circumstances, a hell of a lot more expensive.

If you get in a car crash, they're not going to let you bleed out. At the same time, what if you have cancer? Tough titty.

Forum List

Back