What to do about Georgia?

It's not. But as I already pointed out, Sonny Perdue doesn't give a ratsass.

I did read that, Dude. But as we all know, as reported on FOX, there were at least 2 MILLION people protesting Obama in DC recently, so I assume someone other than Sonny would object to this over reach of Federal Government?

Last edited:
My only objection is this.....

If we send all this money to Georgia to bail them out, how can we be sure that this money will not end up in the hands of illegals??

Isn't private insurance supposed to handle these flooding problems? Doesn't Government involvement conflict with the private insurers??

If these people got flooded isn't it their own fault?? Why should they get a Government handout?

My only objection is this.....

If we send all this money to Georgia to bail them out, how can we be sure that this money will not end up in the hands of illegals??

Isn't private insurance supposed to handle these flooding problems? Doesn't Government involvement conflict with the private insurers??

If these people got flooded isn't it their own fault?? Why should they get a Government handout?

**You must spread some reputation around before giving it to rightwinger again**

Bummer, dude...

The stoopid cons are pissing and moaning because they are out of a power, because they are a diminishing minority, and because they can't stop modern-progressivism. Tuff luck.

You're right about one thing Jake...Democrats control the White House, Senate, and House.

So obviously the problem with passing health care is that Democrats don't want it.

I'm with you.

FEMA sucks.

I've been involved on both sides of a FEMA mission.

My folks home was hit by Hurricane Charlie.

The only thing FEMA got right was bringing in shipments of ice in refer trailers.

Other than that FEMA was in not in evidence. If you needed food, water, to make calls or charge a cell phone, you went to a church based volunteer station.

Later, when we collected a truck load of donated supplies from Missouri for Katrina, I found out why FEMA was so good at that one thing.

When we arrived at Slidell, LA, FEMA tried to turn us around. When we refused to go, they parked us with the ice loaded trucks while the Red Cross hustled up a few vans to shuttle our supplies to their volunteer stations, I struck up a conversation with a few of the drivers there.

FEMA was paying them $800 a day to sit there hooked to the full refer trailers.

Some had been there three weeks, hooked to one load of ice.

FEMA needs serious reform, and a far better plan.

The Army or the National Guard could do a much better job than FEMA has historically done, and we're already paying for that mission.

Getting rid of FEMA is one of the smarter things I've heard a Liberal say.

Last edited:
Perdue asks Obama to declare state of emergency *| ajc.com

Gov. Sonny Perdue on Tuesday asked President Obama to declare a state of emergency in the wake of near-record flooding in the state.

Perdue said this week's flood levels may match or exceed levels recorded on Jan. 9, 1946, the established record.

The governor said he hopes for a decision by the end of Tuesday and is expecting "some level of federal reimbursement." He said the state "will do everything in its power physically and fiscally to help flood victims.

ONE argument I have heard fro many conservatives and I assume GOP supporters on this board is that Obama is trying to provide health insurance to people against the will of the US Constituion. I am asking if these same people feel the same way about other Federal agencies, such as FEMA? Is FEMA too intrusive? Does it fly in the face of the Constitution? Where in the Constitution does it state that FEMA will help the states that ask for it? Why is a Republican governor asking for Federal help in the first place?

Excuse me Vern.

ALL FEDERAL AGENCIES ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL. ALL.

But just because the zombified have allowed them does not mean that more should be created. Hopefully some day they will wake up from their stupor.

So, based on McConnell stating his mother NEEDS MediCare, and now the Republican Governor of Georgia is reching out to our Federal Govenrment for aid (money), all the while the GOP is bashing Obama for his planned overhaul of healthcare, because "it costs too much". Do you all understand how the rest of us might get confused on what you are really pissing and moaning about?

nothing like politicizing a natural disaster dickwatd "let no emergency go to waste" huh dickwad?

Perdue asks Obama to declare state of emergency *| ajc.com

Gov. Sonny Perdue on Tuesday asked President Obama to declare a state of emergency in the wake of near-record flooding in the state.

Perdue said this week's flood levels may match or exceed levels recorded on Jan. 9, 1946, the established record.

The governor said he hopes for a decision by the end of Tuesday and is expecting "some level of federal reimbursement." He said the state "will do everything in its power physically and fiscally to help flood victims.

ONE argument I have heard fro many conservatives and I assume GOP supporters on this board is that Obama is trying to provide health insurance to people against the will of the US Constituion. I am asking if these same people feel the same way about other Federal agencies, such as FEMA? Is FEMA too intrusive? Does it fly in the face of the Constitution? Where in the Constitution does it state that FEMA will help the states that ask for it? Why is a Republican governor asking for Federal help in the first place?

FEMA has too many powers. I agree. The area surrounding Atlanta (where the floods hit) is the most liberal area of the state. Maybe the President would like to make it clear that those paying taxes will not be given the same help as those that agree with him and kiss his ring. Maybe then the libs would open their eyes and see the feds are not going to give you ANYTHING that they cannot take away, including HEALTH CARE. Great point, thank you.

Hey now. There's no rational reason to punish the people of Georgia simply because their politicians suck. We all pay into FEMA, and we all need FEMA's help on occasion.

Correct. Do the right thing for the people.

Or, maybe those 2 million teabagging government haters who had the ambition to show up in Washington to make fools of themselves can mosey on down to Georgia and do something.

oh so it was 2 million? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::eusa_shhh:

The same people arguing to deny services to Georgia in this time of crisis are probably the same people who railed at the top of their lungs about the failures during Katrina being the fault of the Bush administration. If Bush were still in office, this thread would be titled "Hey George, what about Georgia?" or "Why does Bush hate Georgia?"

Last edited:
Hey now. There's no rational reason to punish the people of Georgia simply because their politicians suck. We all pay into FEMA, and we all need FEMA's help on occasion.

Or, maybe those 2 million teabagging government haters who had the ambition to show up in Washington to make fools of themselves can mosey on down to Georgia and do something.

Now THAT is an idea! Can you imagine how much GOOD 2 million people could do in this situation? That's A LOT of sandbag fillers. What say you tea party goers?

Another event Glenn Beck could promote and then dodge.

Now THAT is an idea! Can you imagine how much GOOD 2 million people could do in this situation? That's A LOT of sandbag fillers. What say you tea party goers?

Another event Glenn Beck could promote and then dodge.

Those peaceful protesters you loathe would likely give the shirt off their backs sooner than an elitist liberal shithead from Ithica, NY would....

Dr. House makes no sense as usual. Once those screamin' and hatin' protestors stop screaming and hating, then I and most of America might listen to them. You stoopidcons still don't get it -- the normal ones (like me) in the GOP don't like you loonies. Go start your own party.

Dr. House makes no sense as usual. Once those screamin' and hatin' protestors stop screaming and hating, then I and most of America might listen to them. You stoopidcons still don't get it -- the normal ones (like me) in the GOP don't like you loonies. Go start your own party.
Or you could just end the pretense and go join the democratics.

:rofl:

Stop it, dude!

If I die from laughing at this post, you'll be charged with negligent brandishing of a falsehood with idiotic intent.

Last edited:
I'm with you.

FEMA sucks.

I've been involved on both sides of a FEMA mission.

My folks home was hit by Hurricane Charlie.

The only thing FEMA got right was bringing in shipments of ice in refer trailers.

Other than that FEMA was in not in evidence. If you needed food, water, to make calls or charge a cell phone, you went to a church based volunteer station.

Later, when we collected a truck load of donated supplies from Missouri for Katrina, I found out why FEMA was so good at that one thing.

When we arrived at Slidell, LA, FEMA tried to turn us around. When we refused to go, they parked us with the ice loaded trucks while the Red Cross hustled up a few vans to shuttle our supplies to their volunteer stations, I struck up a conversation with a few of the drivers there.

FEMA was paying them $800 a day to sit there hooked to the full refer trailers.

Some had been there three weeks, hooked to one load of ice.

FEMA needs serious reform, and a far better plan.

The Army or the National Guard could do a much better job than FEMA has historically done, and we're already paying for that mission.

Getting rid of FEMA is one of the smarter things I've heard a Liberal say.

FEMA did ok by my wife and I following Katrina. However, we did a lot to help ourselves, such as getting out of dodge when the time came.

I know some folks that went through Katrina rail on FEMA, and FEMA had some problems, but again, they did ok by my family.

So, based on McConnell stating his mother NEEDS MediCare, and now the Republican Governor of Georgia is reching out to our Federal Govenrment for aid (money), all the while the GOP is bashing Obama for his planned overhaul of healthcare, because "it costs too much". Do you all understand how the rest of us might get confused on what you are really pissing and moaning about?

nothing like politicizing a natural disaster dickwatd "let no emergency go to waste" huh dickwad?

Here's an idea asshat. Answer the fucking question! Of course, we all know you can't, or won't, because it does not support your fucking political agenda....

Last edited:

Hence, Dr. House continues to sit alone within my ignore list. Try it.

I do not want to insult the fine people of Georgia by offering them federal assistance in a matter that is surely a States issue.

RW, I think your attempt at satire is failing. I think it's pretty funny, though. It's amazing how a similar scenario will have them go begging to Uncle Sam for HELP!! Now, using the logic of the right-wing constitutionalists, why should MY tax dollars go to help out some needy folks in Georgia? Don't those people CHOOSE to live in a state where the soil is like clay and rain runoff has nowhere to go except into their houses? And where in the Constitution is federal disaster relief defined anyway? Huh? Huh? Huh?

I do not want to insult the fine people of Georgia by offering them federal assistance in a matter that is surely a States issue.

RW, I think your attempt at satire is failing. I think it's pretty funny, though. It's amazing how a similar scenario will have them go begging to Uncle Sam for HELP!! Now, using the logic of the right-wing constitutionalists, why should MY tax dollars go to help out some needy folks in Georgia? Don't those people CHOOSE to live in a state where the soil is like clay and rain runoff has nowhere to go except into their houses? And where in the Constitution is federal disaster relief defined anyway? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Most conservatives want a government that is hands on with the defense of this great nation, and the infrastructure...emphasis on infrastructure in this case.

Forum List

Back