What to do about Georgia?

That one's easy...It's Sonny Perdue.

He's one of those squishy "moderate" (read: leftist) republicans, who can't wait to get their mitts on the reins and act like democratics.

Charlie Christ, Tim Pawlenty and John Huntsman are other prime examples.

Perdue? A moderate?

:lol:

That one's easy...It's Sonny Perdue.

He's one of those squishy "moderate" (read: leftist) republicans, who can't wait to get their mitts on the reins and act like democratics.

Charlie Christ, Tim Pawlenty and John Huntsman are other prime examples.

Perdue? A moderate?

:lol:
In your world, anyone to the right of Castro is a reactionary, so your confusion is understandable.

It pisses me off that the jerk has hijacked the photograph of "Dr. House" as his avatar and idol. From the few episodes I've watched, "Dr. House" would have shit on someone like that AFTER politely calling him a [fucking] idiot.

It amuses me to no end when someone claims this... I know another liberal elsewhere on Algore's interweb who said she can't watch House anymore because of me...lol

When people take this message board posting stuff seriously enough to effect their personal life, thats when you know you should definitely step away from the keyboard for a long while...

It just makes me wonder about your sanity. One would think that people post avatars as some subtle message that s/he identifies with the image. You and Dr. House are worlds apart.

Don't read too much into avatars... House MD is a great show and I share some of his qualities...

You're going to need a whole lot more schooling to figure out what makes me tick...lol

Those peaceful protesters you loathe would likely give the shirt off their backs sooner than an elitist liberal shithead from Ithica, NY would....

"Peaceful".

Yep... Not a single person's finger was bitten off...

How many arrests were there?

None. Then again, looking back at past protests, that's pretty odd. DC Metro has made a habit over the years of arresting protesters for the flimsiest of reasons. While leads me to believe the reason we didn't see any arrest at this protest was fear. After all, these people have a long record of violence.

"Peaceful".

None. Then again, looking back at past protests, that's pretty odd. DC Metro has made a habit over the years of arresting protesters for the flimsiest of reasons. While leads me to believe the reason we didn't see any arrest at this protest was fear. After all, these people have a long record of violence.

:lol::lol: LMAO...Say it again...this time with FEELING. :lol::lol:

"Peaceful".

You should post that in "Conspiracy Theories"....

So you admit it was "peaceful"... Thanks...

Georgia needs some sort of serious intervention. It's either in a horrible drought or flooded. Somebody is not managing their water resources very well.

So, based on McConnell stating his mother NEEDS MediCare, and now the Republican Governor of Georgia is reching out to our Federal Govenrment for aid (money), all the while the GOP is bashing Obama for his planned overhaul of healthcare, because "it costs too much". Do you all understand how the rest of us might get confused on what you are really pissing and moaning about?

i have no doubt that you spend a lot of time being confused.

Gov. Sonny Perdue on Tuesday asked President Obama to declare a state of emergency in the wake of near-record flooding in the state.

Perdue said this week's flood levels may match or exceed levels recorded on Jan. 9, 1946, the established record.

The governor said he hopes for a decision by the end of Tuesday and is expecting "some level of federal reimbursement." He said the state "will do everything in its power physically and fiscally to help flood victims.

ONE argument I have heard fro many conservatives and I assume GOP supporters on this board is that Obama is trying to provide health insurance to people against the will of the US Constituion. I am asking if these same people feel the same way about other Federal agencies, such as FEMA? Is FEMA too intrusive? Does it fly in the face of the Constitution? Where in the Constitution does it state that FEMA will help the states that ask for it? Why is a Republican governor asking for Federal help in the first place?

I take it you dont live in GA. I live in one of the most heavily hit areas, Lilburn. People houses are under 10 foot of water. My driveway had water half way up it and I live 17 ft above the Yellow River. There are houses that their basements and first floors are under water. Roads and bridges are gone. Sinkholes everywhere.

BTW, there are many democrats living in this state. You dont think they deserve help?

This is your typical liberal here, to attack republicans when AMERICANS are in a time of need.

Georgia needs some sort of serious intervention. It's either in a horrible drought or flooded. Somebody is not managing their water resources very well.

Yes its called the Army Corp of Engineers.

Fla and Bama thinks they own water from our lakes because some type of mussle needs a certain amount of water.

Gov. Sonny Perdue on Tuesday asked President Obama to declare a state of emergency in the wake of near-record flooding in the state.

Perdue said this week's flood levels may match or exceed levels recorded on Jan. 9, 1946, the established record.

The governor said he hopes for a decision by the end of Tuesday and is expecting "some level of federal reimbursement." He said the state "will do everything in its power physically and fiscally to help flood victims.

ONE argument I have heard fro many conservatives and I assume GOP supporters on this board is that Obama is trying to provide health insurance to people against the will of the US Constituion. I am asking if these same people feel the same way about other Federal agencies, such as FEMA? Is FEMA too intrusive? Does it fly in the face of the Constitution? Where in the Constitution does it state that FEMA will help the states that ask for it? Why is a Republican governor asking for Federal help in the first place?

I take it you dont live in GA. I live in one of the most heavily hit areas, Lilburn. People houses are under 10 foot of water. My driveway had water half way up it and I live 17 ft above the Yellow River. There are houses that their basements and first floors are under water. Roads and bridges are gone. Sinkholes everywhere.

BTW, there are many democrats living in this state. You dont think they deserve help?

This is your typical liberal here, to attack republicans when AMERICANS are in a time of need.

I feel real sorry for you and everything, but what ever happened to people picking themselves up by their bootstraps? Its not about Democrats and republicans, its about the separation of State and Federal government.
You should carry your own PRIVATE insurance for stuff like this. There is no "Government Option" If you decided not to buy flood insurance and wasted your money on plasma TVs and IPods, why should the Federal Government bail you out?
Georgia made it clear that they expect the 10th Amendment to be executed by the letter. I know for a fact they would not crawl to the Federal Government for help

No, I don't live in GA and I DO feel sorry for you and your fellow Georgians in need. And I DO believe some catastrophes are simply too big to be properly handled by state and local authorities, hence I have no issues with the Federal help. HOWEVER, when tea partiers and GOP supporters get to cherry pick what the Federal Government can help with and not, I believe they are being hypocritical. Why is it OK for the Federal Government to help in times of crises, yet not OK to provide adequate medical coverage in an attempt to avoid such crises?

Forum List

Back