What to bring with you if traveling in AZ

He showed them a valid california commercail drivers license.

There was NOTHING wrong with the information he showed them.

Do you understand what that bodes for Arizona commerce?

care to address the claim that "commercial truck drivers have been required by law to carry a BC in AZ for years....."

I would like first to see proof of the claim.

Now why did the guy end up in Immigration detention for not having BC if that is even true?

Both companies and states require a BC for truck drivers.

You cannot enter a port or railyard without one.

I tried going through the ICC regs, but they are over 2000 pages, and i got frustrated.

Would a link from a truck driving school telling "newbies" what to bruing do, I found that-oddly enough.

"Money and Documents:

* Wallet
* Debit Card
* A few Checks in case the debit card stops working (happens randomly, but we are in contact with the bank to let them know he’s traveling)
* Some Cash
* Social Security Card
* Driver’s License (+ class A permit and DOT medical card, neither of which seemed to be much good there)
* Original copy of Birth Certificate
* Money Orders for school fees
from;
Packing List for Truck Driving School | Becoming A Truck Driver: Help, Stories, Advice, and Opinions

I still want to see an explanation as to how a law that is not yet in effect applied to this dumbass that didn't have the proper paperwork to operate a truck legally.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/immig...n-crap-dont-be-surprised-when-youre-next.html

There is no link in this thread that I can find.

Can you find it for me?

It was in this thread truth;
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...irth-certificate-claims-racial-profiling.html

took me awhile to find it. i think I am looking for too many things all at once. A google search just shows pages and pages of the ignorant that are using this example as the effects of the new law that has not gone into effect yet. So it took me awhile.

I have to go deal with the horses for awhile, so have a good discussion, and please, again, I know there are enough problems with the new AZ law to debate the issues based on pertainate(sp) and factual information, so I implore you and other to argue with the truth.

Nothing good can come from using dishonest information to argue such an important issue.

what is your purpose.....

I dunno what is yours?
I was born , live a while and die.

care to address why this guy was detained under existing law ...

he did not have the correct paperwork.....

the new law which is federal law had yet to be enacted.....

or you just trolling....

Do they check all truckers for all of those documents?
As I said selected enforcement sucks.
Fully enforce all of the laws on the books and we will wind up with lots less laws once someone of importance gets pinched.

I dunno what is yours?
I was born , live a while and die.

care to address why this guy was detained under existing law ...

he did not have the correct paperwork.....

the new law which is federal law had yet to be enacted.....

or you just trolling....

Do they check all truckers for all of those documents?
As I said selected enforcement sucks.
Fully enforce all of the laws on the books and we will wind up with lots less laws once someone of importance gets pinched.

yeah, they do.
I stopped at a weigh station in Idaho coming from Everett WA one time with a BOL that said i was delivering in Omaha.
They checked to make sure i had the proper documentation for every state I was passing through. On the up side, I was waved through all the rest of the weigh stations on the trip.

I was also part of a big dumbass anti-truck driver campaign in California once. i, along with a couple hundred other trucks were stopped in banning in 2003. We all had Freightliner Columbias. They wrote all of us up for having "overwidth equipment without a an oversize permit" because they decided to measure the equipment lights and determined they stuck out 2" over the width limit. Since these lights, the white ones on the back of the bobtail that give you light to hook up the gladhands, were factory installed. I, and several others sat there for over 9 hours until a factory rep from Freightliner showed up and dealt with the issue.

Anybody that tells you truck drivers have an easy job are lying. Along with the actual driving, there is loading/unloading and dealing with legal issues like th eone described above, as well as dealing with the "anti-truck" crowd.

Last edited:
Ohh I have never said truck drivers had an easy job. Many are a bit nutz though, a job side effect I suppose.

And the other truck strops waved you thru? So they do not always check for all of those papers. And often they only want your liscence, log and manifest.

If it is true that CDL drivers are held to a different standard and it makes sense that they would be then it is disingenuous to claim that because a professional driver was pulled of the road that indeed all drivers would be.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/immig...n-crap-dont-be-surprised-when-youre-next.html

There is no link in this thread that I can find.

Can you find it for me?

It was in this thread truth;
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...irth-certificate-claims-racial-profiling.html

took me awhile to find it. i think I am looking for too many things all at once. A google search just shows pages and pages of the ignorant that are using this example as the effects of the new law that has not gone into effect yet. So it took me awhile.

I have to go deal with the horses for awhile, so have a good discussion, and please, again, I know there are enough problems with the new AZ law to debate the issues based on pertainate(sp) and factual information, so I implore you and other to argue with the truth.

Nothing good can come from using dishonest information to argue such an important issue.

I just looked and found nothing in that thread either..

Provide the information you claimed.

Why was he sent to Immigration????????

Last edited:

This has been addressed in other threads. This is a case of a commercial truck driver not having the proper paperwork required to drive a truck. Commercial trucj drivers have been required by law to carry a BC in AZ for years.

This is not about SB 1070, as it has not even gone into effect yet.

This is propaganda.

There are enough truthful issues with this new law without resorting to dishonest propaganda. In fact, this kind of dishonest bullshit robs those with legitimate concerns of credibility.

Your youtube is bullshit and that only serves to diminish the credibility of anyone who refers to it to make a point about the new AZ law.

Use truthful arguments, it will actually serve your purpose much better.

If you use dishonest arguments, it only serves to diminish the legitimate concerns over the new law.

The truth is bad enough. The only good thing about this new law is that it has drawn international attention to a severe problem.

Maybe the federal government will be forced to enforce their immigration laws, to the benefit of every US citizen. I, for one, hope so.

Please, use truthful arguments to make your point, lies only hurt all of us.

Why was he sent to immigration??????????

Uhm ... isn't some form of identification ( driver's license ) necessary if one get's pulled over or arrested? These stupid lawyers are just trying to get everyone fired up.

IF you are driving (and that makes total sense...but is a driver's license enough anymore?). Is it required if you are not the driver? Is it required if you are walking down the street? Is it required if you sitting on a park bench?

So the cops didn't believe him and when he cleared everything up he was released.

People get hauled into the police station all the time then get released when they are cleared.

And BTW a commercial vehicle can be stopped at any time by the police. Have you never seen trucks pulled over to have their weight and manifests checked?

I believe commercial drivers are on the clock...trying to get deliveries done on time. How much time did this take? Will his employer decide to fire him because (thru no fault of his own) he caused a delay in delivery.

Uhm ... isn't some form of identification ( driver's license ) necessary if one get's pulled over or arrested? These stupid lawyers are just trying to get everyone fired up.

IF you are driving (and that makes total sense...but is a driver's license enough anymore?). Is it required if you are not the driver? Is it required if you are walking down the street? Is it required if you sitting on a park bench?
Yes.

When everyone is treated like a criminal, there are no innocent people.

You people are in hysterics! In the first place this law does NOT go into effect until AUGUST!! And a truck driver is claiming he was jailed for not producing legality??? LOL! LOL! LOL! Your nuts!

You people are in hysterics! In the first place this law does NOT go into effect until AUGUST!! And a truck driver is claiming he was jailed for not producing legality??? LOL! LOL! LOL! Your nuts!

I like to be prepared if I am driving thru Arizona...in fact, I need to be there in September for a conference....I suppose it would be prudent to bring my passport with me.

if ICE suspects you are an illegal under federal law can they stop you and ask for documents...

i carry my dl and ss card with me everywhere i go and when traveling my passport....

Our local paper had an article today advising people what paperwork to have with them if traveling in or thru AZ. Some immigration lawyers are recommending people carry their birth certificates and/or passports to prove legal status because the law is vague as to what police would require.

Carry my birth certificate/passport while driving thru my own country.

Hmmmmm.

They actually have to have a reasonable suspicion that you are not from this country before they can 'arrest you'. you probably speak fluent english and can demonstrate you are from some part of this country such as having a driving license, car registered to a state in the union, social security number, etc, etc, and etc.

Forum List

Back