What to bring with you if traveling in AZ

He showed them a valid california commercail drivers license.

There was NOTHING wrong with the information he showed them.

Do you understand what that bodes for Arizona commerce?

Our local paper had an article today advising people what paperwork to have with them if traveling in or thru AZ. Some immigration lawyers are recommending people carry their birth certificates and/or passports to prove legal status because the law is vague as to what police would require.

Carry my birth certificate/passport while driving thru my own country.

Hmmmmm.
Nothing. Bring nothing and let the cops and the state waste time and money charging you with a criminal offense.

Just out of curiosity:

How many people here routinely travel around the country without any ID?

I always take my photo ID (Driver's License) and health insurance card with me. It's foolish to risk being in an accident with no id to notify loved ones or get health info.

But it seems he was in violation of AZ laws as a commercial driver.

So you're wrong. Again.

You now must prove that any civilian driver who shows a valid license will be arrested.

Last edited:

He had a CDL, but is also required to have a certified BC, and he didn't.
Trucks are also required to stop at weigh stations for inspection. That has been the law for several years as well. He stopped at a weigh station and didn't have the proper paperwork. It really is that simple.
He was in violation of a law that has been in effect for truck drivers for a long time.

This has been addressed in other threads. This is a case of a commercial truck driver not having the proper paperwork required to drive a truck. Commercial trucj drivers have been required by law to carry a BC in AZ for years.

This is not about SB 1070, as it has not even gone into effect yet.

This is propaganda.

There are enough truthful issues with this new law without resorting to dishonest propaganda. In fact, this kind of dishonest bullshit robs those with legitimate concerns of credibility.

Your youtube is bullshit and that only serves to diminish the credibility of anyone who refers to it to make a point about the new AZ law.

Use truthful arguments, it will actually serve your purpose much better.

If you use dishonest arguments, it only serves to diminish the legitimate concerns over the new law.

The truth is bad enough. The only good thing about this new law is that it has drawn international attention to a severe problem.

Maybe the federal government will be forced to enforce their immigration laws, to the benefit of every US citizen. I, for one, hope so.

Please, use truthful arguments to make your point, lies only hurt all of us.

Link , the people on the tape say he was taken to immigration ...why?

Our local paper had an article today advising people what paperwork to have with them if traveling in or thru AZ. Some immigration lawyers are recommending people carry their birth certificates and/or passports to prove legal status because the law is vague as to what police would require.

Hmmmmm.

you should probably also have the names of some good attorneys in whatever area you're traveling through... especially if you look at all ethnic.

This has been addressed in other threads. This is a case of a commercial truck driver not having the proper paperwork required to drive a truck. Commercial trucj drivers have been required by law to carry a BC in AZ for years.

This is not about SB 1070, as it has not even gone into effect yet.

This is propaganda.

There are enough truthful issues with this new law without resorting to dishonest propaganda. In fact, this kind of dishonest bullshit robs those with legitimate concerns of credibility.

Your youtube is bullshit and that only serves to diminish the credibility of anyone who refers to it to make a point about the new AZ law.

Use truthful arguments, it will actually serve your purpose much better.

If you use dishonest arguments, it only serves to diminish the legitimate concerns over the new law.

The truth is bad enough. The only good thing about this new law is that it has drawn international attention to a severe problem.

Maybe the federal government will be forced to enforce their immigration laws, to the benefit of every US citizen. I, for one, hope so.

Please, use truthful arguments to make your point, lies only hurt all of us.

Link , the people on the tape say he was taken to immigration ...why?

Yesterday, in another thread, someone posted the follow-up story, i know you saw it because you responded.

Since the new law does not go into effect until August, claiming this incident as some kind of proof about this new law is dishonest at best

Like i said, argue with the truth. Arguing with lies only eventually discredits your legitimate argument.

You know I am right.

Hmmmmm.

you should probably also have the names of some good attorneys in whatever area you're traveling through... especially if you look at all ethnic.
Yep. I never carry my id unless I'm driving but apparently it is now the law in AZ that you must always carry your id.

care to address the claim that "commercial truck drivers have been required by law to carry a BC in AZ for years....."

LOL the right are making America just like the former solviet union in one respect. Papers required to go from one state to another.

care to address the claim that "commercial truck drivers have been required by law to carry a BC in AZ for years....."

I would like first to see proof of the claim.

Now why did the guy end up in Immigration detention for not having BC if that is even true?

and from your link;
"Abdon was told he did not have enough paperwork on him when he pulled into a weigh station to have his commercial truck checked. He provided his commercial driver’s license and a social security number but ended up handcuffed."

Since the new law your are discussing has not gone into effect, this arrest is the result of EXISTING laws pertaining to driving a commercial truck.

I also posted in that other thread that I was stopped driving a truck, in 2004, on the Kansas/Oklahoma line at a weigh station and I unknowingly did not have all the paperwork I needed. My cab card had expired I think. I was held in a cell for 12 hours and paid a 750$ fine.

In several states, truck drivers are required to carry a certified BC, along with a lot of other paperwork.

If you still want to argue about it, please explain to all of us how a law that is not in effect yet has any bearing at all to what happened to this truck driver.

I am concerned about the effects of the new law as well. I think there are very valid reasons to be concerned.

i also know that if anything other than literal truth is used to argue against the legitimate concerns about the law, the entire argument will be dismissed as all lies.

Kinda like the story about the boy who cried wolf.

Forum List

Back